How much for a 50 gallon barrel or drum?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Tiltowait
D-Bee

How much for a 50 gallon barrel or drum?

Unread post by Tiltowait »

Getting into a new game and the GM is of the 'if is isn't on your character sheet, you don't have it'.

Well since we're going in the desert I wanted to pack extra drums for water.
One of our characters is starting with a hover assault carrier so we have cargo space.

I am trying to find the cost of a drum, barrel, heck even a big trash can or similar and could use some help.

Anyone and thanks!
Necromance if you want to.
We can bring your friends to life.
But your friends aren't dead and if they aren't dead.
Well, they're no friends of mine.
Hawk258
Adventurer
Comment: Chuckie Sullivan "Applesauce B!%@#"

Re: How much for a 50 gallon barrel or drum?

Unread post by Hawk258 »

My best guess is 100 to 500 credits for a clean potable water container and 3 credits a gallon of water (if plentiful). 3 to 5 time more if not.
When I post an idea, game balance is my only concern. For rules see rule zero and for canon look at RUE PAGE 372. Only 2 questions need consideration is it fun? Is it balanced?

Gamblers fallacy:(Example): Coin flips are the most common example of the gambler's fallacy. For instance, in a game of heads or tails, many people will bet on tails if there have been several heads in a row.
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Just Google it and use one of the prices that comes up.
dreicunan
Hero

Unread post by dreicunan »

For stuff like that, unless it shows up in a book somewhere, we normally just check current prices for the same thing in US dollars and run with that unless it seems crazy.

You can check out tons of prices here.

I'd suggest using the plastic ones for SDC level (50-100 credits for a 55 gallon) and the Stainless Steel drums for light (1 or 2) MDC drums (roughly 600-700 credits for a 55 gallon).
Axelmania wrote:You of course, being the ultimate authority on what is an error and what is not.
Declared the ultimate authority on what is an error and what is not by Axelmania on 5.11.19.
slade2501
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: For the baddies I shoot, and their bodies I loot; Oh RNJesus, you I salute!

Unread post by slade2501 »

Amazon says 109.99. blue plastic. call it 110 credits.

Return to “Rifts®”