Rifts NA map

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

dragonfett
Knight

Re: Rifts NA map

Unread post by dragonfett »

The first map that I downloaded was the 1.2 version, the file name for which is Rifts_Atles_v1_2. The map that I just downloaded a couple days ago, following the link in your first post, had the file name Rifts_Atles_TOTAL. The yellow and blue areas on the coast of the TOTAL map were much easier to see when zoomed all of the way out. The link I used was the first link in the first post. I just checked the other two links that were provided by Mack in the post goes to sites that have the v1.2 PDF and the .png format for the same map.

I am now wondering, Mobuttu. Was the TOTAL map an earlier working version of the map that you came up with? The whole reason I had checked the link is because I could have sworn seeing in this thread that you had recently made updates to the map.
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
Against an Army of Darkness
And Horrors Unknown
mobuttu
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Palladium fan from overseas

Unread post by mobuttu »

Last version is Rifts_Atles_v1_2. The update is still a work in progress so it's not uploaded. Thanks for your interest! :D
- Un blog de Rifts. My blog about our game.
- Maqui Ed. My RPG company.

I received a *Nekira Seal of Approval*...Once! :P
"always remember; the Splugorth can do anything" - everloss
Sorry for my bad English! :o
dragonfett
Knight

So what was the Rifts Atles TOTAL then?
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
And Horrors Unknown
mobuttu
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by mobuttu »

dragonfett wrote:So what was the Rifts Atles TOTAL then?

Was the first version, before I did the firsts updates from several comments on this forums.

dragonfett
Knight

You might want to edit your first post with that disclaimer. Preferably in red. Don't take it down though, so that people can have both versions to look at and compare.
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
And Horrors Unknown
Daeglan
Adventurer

Unread post by Daeglan »

mobuttu wrote:
dragonfett wrote:So what was the Rifts Atles TOTAL then?

Was the first version, before I did the firsts updates from several comments on this forums.

OK then I would say one of your links needs fixed or removed :)
Check out my photography http://daeglan.imagekind.com
mobuttu
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by mobuttu »

dragonfett wrote:You might want to edit your first post with that disclaimer. Preferably in red. Don't take it down though, so that people can have both versions to look at and compare.

Done. Thanks! :D

Daeglan
Adventurer

Unread post by Daeglan »

I can't wait to see your new update :)
Tyranneix
Explorer

Unread post by Tyranneix »

Agreed! This is an AWESOME map and I'm currently looking at getting it printed at it's full size when the new update comes out of course.
30+ year GM for the Palladium System; Robotech, RIFTS, Palladium Fantasy and other Palladium Books madness...
Nicknamed T-Bomb by Lord Z
501st Legion Member, Sandtrooper TD8732, Florida Garrison, Squad 7
Daeglan
Adventurer

Unread post by Daeglan »

I think the adventure book has some towns near black bay.
Daeglan
Adventurer

Unread post by Daeglan »

I think the adventure book has some towns near black bay.
mobuttu
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by mobuttu »

Lastest version (v.1.5.) already available from here.

Please, Saitou Hajime, get in touch with me to send you this las version for hosting it (should you still available, of course).

Daeglan
Adventurer

Unread post by Daeglan »

Can you tighten up the magic zone texture. They are not very clear.
The west coast coast line has not been added :) Otherwise looks really good.
mobuttu
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by mobuttu »

Daeglan wrote:Can you tighten up the magic zone texture. They are not very clear.

Yes, I could do it, but I did several test and that texture is good enough for not cover the other information below it and to keep the map clear. Bear in mind that strong magic regions is there as a guide, not for a strong reference (Ley Lines from it were added, though, as you suggested).

Daeglan wrote:The west coast coast line has not been added :) Otherwise looks really good.

I know. It goes to a new update.

Thanks for you comments.

Hot Rod
Wanderer

Unread post by Hot Rod »

Excellent work on the map.

I know PB says they want game masters to be free to make their own ley lines where appropriate, but at least the major ones should be documented! After all, a good long ley line can produce a fast trade route between two friendly cities, or a potential invasion route... There are TW vehicles that only travel along ley lines and are not man-portable, you would think the pilots at least would want maps of how to get to 'X' & LL Walkers/Rifters could easily make such maps in a very short time.

Some guidelines from PB would also help GMs who have different ideas than their players. i.e. one game I decided major highways would be major ley lines due to years of people travelling along them, (similar to the way some major cities became nexus points) and at the time of the cataclysm, etc... Game didn't go far after that since they wanted less lines (they were near Lazlo geographically *sigh*).

HR
<- Banned from Explorers Unlimited for Objecting to EU GM Abuse. Be warned, GMs play favorites, and ignore rule books if it suits them. They also are not afraid to apply the rules to one person in the party but not another. This is FACT, If you need proof I have it. Fight bullying online and everywhere
Nadrakas
Explorer
Comment: Strength through Unity, Unity through Faith!

Unread post by Nadrakas »

Mobutu,

My hat is off to you. This is an excellent resource. Thank you.

If I may ask a question of you, or anyone else who may know: In any of the books, does it mention that the Lone Star Complex was built at a pre-existing military installation, or (as I'm beginning to suspect) was it a "brand new" installation (ie: Imminent Domain...)?

(I may be wrong in this assumption, but it appears that the Lone Star Complex on your map Mobutu is near or at Lubbock TX -- again, I may be wrong...)

I have read through all the books, cross-referenced the Rifts Maps with all currently existing military installations and nothing that I can find matches. In the Lone Star book i says that what the coalition calls the Lone Star Complex was a "pre-Rifts military installation built by the old American Empire during the Golden Age of Science." Perhaps, in the Rifts Pre-History, the US Govt did exercise Imminent Domain (Not very "Golden Age" of them, though). I don't know...maybe I'm missing something here...

~ N
Chicago Broadcast, 12 DEC 2098, M.P.: wrote:We are the People of Earth. Those Things are not of Earth. Our path is clear and simple. We belong here, they do not. I, for one, will do everything in my power to close the Gates so we can send those things back to whatever Hell they came from!! NOW, WHO IS WITH ME!!!

Visit Nadrakas's RPG Corner
Juce734
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Game On!

Unread post by Juce734 »

Is it possible for someone to save it as a jpeg/bitmap and upload it to photobucket or some other image hosting site? I can't DL it for some reason how it is.
Games: Savage Rifts, Fantasy Age, Dragon Age, Dungeons and Dragons Fifth Edition, Heroes Unlimited, TMNT, Ninjas and Superspies, and Rifts
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/MasterTheGameRPG (please check out)
Website: https://www.rpgjuce.com/master-the-game-rpg-link-tree
Daeglan
Adventurer

Unread post by Daeglan »

Juce734 wrote:Is it possible for someone to save it as a jpeg/bitmap and upload it to photobucket or some other image hosting site? I can't DL it for some reason how it is.

Its a PDF... there should be no reason you can't download it.
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

Daeglan wrote:
Juce734 wrote:Is it possible for someone to save it as a jpeg/bitmap and upload it to photobucket or some other image hosting site? I can't DL it for some reason how it is.

Unless there is a problem with your browser plugin for opening PDFs.
"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760
Daeglan
Adventurer

Unread post by Daeglan »

LostOne wrote:
Daeglan wrote:

Unless there is a problem with your browser plugin for opening PDFs.

Shouldn't be relevant if you right click on it and say save as. :)
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

Daeglan wrote:Shouldn't be relevant if you right click on it and say save as. :)

You'd be surprised how many people don't know about that. Juce734 didn't give much detail so I have no idea what their experience level is, or really what the problem they're having is at all.
"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

Louchavelli wrote:Excellent work here. You've added a great new dimension to my game. If you can, would love a heads up whenever you update it.

Subscribe to the thread, when it gets updated a post gets made here.
mobuttu
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by mobuttu »

Thank you all for your kind words. I did this map as a tool for all Rifts GM, so enjoy it! :-D

@Nadrakas: To be honest, I don't remember where I picked up the placing information for Lone Star (I think I just placed it according to the sourcebook map, not following a special named place) so I'm afraid I can't be any help on this matter. Sorry.

Nadrakas
Explorer

mobuttu wrote:Thank you all for your kind words. I did this map as a tool for all Rifts GM, so enjoy it! :-D

@Nadrakas: To be honest, I don't remember where I picked up the placing information for Lone Star (I think I just placed it according to the sourcebook map, not following a special named place) so I'm afraid I can't be any help on this matter. Sorry.

Mobuttu,

No problem. My wife and I have scoured the books for any hint, but no success. We're going with it being Reese AFB (or in my campaign, Reese ASFB - Air and Space Force Base). In my campaign, Congress took it back during the last two decades before the coming of the Blue Lines.

~ N
Chicago Broadcast, 12 DEC 2098, M.P.: wrote:We are the People of Earth. Those Things are not of Earth. Our path is clear and simple. We belong here, they do not. I, for one, will do everything in my power to close the Gates so we can send those things back to whatever Hell they came from!! NOW, WHO IS WITH ME!!!

cchopps
Adventurer

Unread post by cchopps »

Nadrakas wrote:Mobutu,

If I may ask a question of you, or anyone else who may know: In any of the books, does it mention that the Lone Star Complex was built at a pre-existing military installation, or (as I'm beginning to suspect) was it a "brand new" installation (ie: Imminent Domain...)?

On page 16 in WB13 it says that the base was built by the Old American Empire 6 years before the coming of the rifts. Whether or not there was anything there before, I don't know.

Actually, I have this feeling that one of the Mercenary books (Mercs, Merc Ops, or Merctown) mentions the Pre-Rifts name to the complex. A few weeks ago I was rereading those 3 books and I feel like I came across that. It could have been in some random place like an NPC's background story, though.

C. Chopps
Nadrakas
Explorer

cchopps wrote:
Nadrakas wrote:Mobutu,

On page 16 in WB13 it says that the base was built by the Old American Empire 6 years before the coming of the rifts. Whether or not there was anything there before, I don't know.

Actually, I have this feeling that one of the Mercenary books (Mercs, Merc Ops, or Merctown) mentions the Pre-Rifts name to the complex. A few weeks ago I was rereading those 3 books and I feel like I came across that. It could have been in some random place like an NPC's background story, though.

C. Chopps

Then I shall scour them until my eyes bleed!

~ N

cchopps
Adventurer

Unread post by cchopps »

Nadrakas wrote:
cchopps wrote:
Nadrakas wrote:

C. Chopps

Then I shall scour them until my eyes bleed!

~ N

Oh boy, that is a lot of pressure. :) I'm pretty sure I'm not imagining this, though. I'll take a look through the most recent books I have reread. I feel like it was on the left side of a left page.

Please post if you find it!

C. Chopps
Bob_12
D-Bee

Unread post by Bob_12 »

This map is FANTASTIC! A friend who is new to Rifts is GMing a game and this resource has made him much more confident in his grasp of the world. Knowing the geography and how things relate to one another is so helpful! Thank you so much!
mobuttu
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by mobuttu »

DreamingGecko wrote:First off, just wanted to say...I LOVE the map! Great job!

BUT...I also have a request. While the map is great, and shows darn near everything, that's the problem...it shows darn near everything, including things I don't want my players to know the location of yet.

Would there be any way (please please please) to just get the base layers (showing the geography before-and-after the Cataclysm), without all the labels and zones, so I could use it as a map with my players?

Thank you very much. I'm glad you like it. I took the geoprapht layer from here. Hope this helps.

Sorry for the delay.

mobuttu
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by mobuttu »

Bob_12 wrote:This map is FANTASTIC! A friend who is new to Rifts is GMing a game and this resource has made him much more confident in his grasp of the world. Knowing the geography and how things relate to one another is so helpful! Thank you so much!

Hey! That's great to read! I'm really glad you boys use it and enjoy it! :D

MikelAmroni
Hero

Unread post by MikelAmroni »

Mobuttu,

When I go to the link for your newest version and click on the map itself, I get a not found page. I can download the 1.2 version that Mack put up (thanks for including that link in your original post), but not the latest version. I can download your thumbnail of it, but nothing else. Help?

Edit: also where are Okeemo and New Pembroke and Riverbend mentioned? New Pembroke sounds familiar, but I can't place it.
"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)

ImageImage
mobuttu
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by mobuttu »

MikelAmroni wrote:Mobuttu,

When I go to the link for your newest version and click on the map itself, I get a not found page. I can download the 1.2 version that Mack put up (thanks for including that link in your original post), but not the latest version. I can download your thumbnail of it, but nothing else. Help?

Edit: also where are Okeemo and New Pembroke and Riverbend mentioned? New Pembroke sounds familiar, but I can't place it.

Check this link out. Hope it works. Otherwise click on the map at the righd column of the Rifts blog. Please report any other troubles you face with it. I'll be glad to help.

Sorry, but I can't remember where did I get New Pembroke and Riverbend, Maybe in the Canada or the Free Quebec Books?

MikelAmroni
Hero

Unread post by MikelAmroni »

Took a long time, but I finally got the map to download.

Okeemo is in Canada, pg 70

New Pembroke and Riverbend is mentioned in Free Quebec pg 171.
"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)

ImageImage
mobuttu
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by mobuttu »

MikelAmroni wrote:Took a long time, but I finally got the map to download.

Okeemo is in Canada, pg 70

New Pembroke and Riverbend is mentioned in Free Quebec pg 171.

Cool! Thanks! :)

mobuttu
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by mobuttu »

Zachary The First wrote:What an awesome resource this is! Well done!

Thanks! I'm flattered. :oops:

mobuttu
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by mobuttu »

Arcanus wrote:Awesome map!

Thanks! Hope you enjoy it!

kirnos
D-Bee

Unread post by kirnos »

Gran mapa!! Molt practic per ensenyar als meus jugadors perque tinguin una idea general d'on es mouen (sera una campanya CS, aixi que ja els indicare qui son els "dolents" XDD).

And for the english speaking people:

Great map!! Really useful to show my players so they can get a general idea of where they are moving in (it will be a CS campaign, so I will tell them who are the "bad ones" XDD).
mobuttu
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by mobuttu »

kirnos wrote:Gran mapa!! Molt practic per ensenyar als meus jugadors perque tinguin una idea general d'on es mouen (sera una campanya CS, aixi que ja els indicare qui son els "dolents" XDD).

And for the english speaking people:

Great map!! Really useful to show my players so they can get a general idea of where they are moving in (it will be a CS campaign, so I will tell them who are the "bad ones" XDD).

Gràcies / Thanks!

You can follow my works on Rifts in my Rifts blog too (in catalan).

mobuttu
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by mobuttu »

Mattwatts wrote:Any chance of doing a Triax /NGR ?

I'm afraid not. :bandit:

Jorel
Champion
Comment: I'm a Derrik, Derriks don't run.

Unread post by Jorel »

I formerly worked printing large scale graphics. I'm currently having several of these printed in large scale (2'x3') full color and laminated so as to map out our conquests. If anyone is really interested I could probably hook up a couple extra for a minimal fee.
Customer Service Director for Northern Gun

"The Devil's among us!
Stay back boy!...This calls for Divine Intervention!
I kick arse for the Lord!"
-Father McGruder- Braindead (a.k.a. Dead Alive)
Athos
Hero
Comment: Free Missouri, stand up to Apartheid everywhere.

Unread post by Athos »

I go to the link, but all I get are advertisements and attempts to sell me crap...

What is the secret to getting the file to download? It says the slow version will take 24 seconds to download, I have waited through like 5 minutes of commercials and bs, is this really the best site for downloading files?
Nomadic
Explorer

Unread post by Nomadic »

RebelWithACause wrote:
Athos wrote:I go to the link, but all I get are advertisements and attempts to sell me crap...

What is the secret to getting the file to download? It says the slow version will take 24 seconds to download, I have waited through like 5 minutes of commercials and bs, is this really the best site for downloading files?

Totally agreed. This is the worst download site layout I've ever seen, do you think you could place the file as a picture on Photobucket or something? I'm dying to get a look at it, but I am unable to accomplish anything aside from wrestle with the site :-(

EDIT: Much better!! Thanks for the PNG, now I can work on it for my campaigns!!!! :D 8-)

Funny took me .023sec to find the download link. Look for the one that save "Save to your computer DOWNLOAD"
finn69
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by finn69 »

awesome map looks fantastic on my laptop and just made a black and white print out of it at kinkos (they wanted amost 50 bucks for a color one B&W was only 5 ) small poster size for a "fold out/roll up" if i really really need color i can dust off my old USN Quartermaster chart correcting skills get some really sharp colored pencils and do it myself.
Kovoston
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Kovoston »

Very Nice - When the new books come out (like Megavese in Flames) will you be able to update it?
G
mobuttu
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by mobuttu »

finn69 wrote:awesome map looks fantastic on my laptop and just made a black and white print out of it at kinkos (they wanted amost 50 bucks for a color one B&W was only 5 ) small poster size for a "fold out/roll up" if i really really need color i can dust off my old USN Quartermaster chart correcting skills get some really sharp colored pencils and do it myself.

Like it! :ok:

mobuttu
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by mobuttu »

Kovoston wrote:Very Nice - When the new books come out (like Megavese in Flames) will you be able to update it?
G

Thanks! You can take it for granted! :D

Colt47
Champion
Comment: Keeper of the Pies

Unread post by Colt47 »

Go go map for making Rifts North America NOT seem like a clustered hell of city states. :D
Norbu the Enchanter: Hello friends! What brings you to my shop today?

Big Joe: We need some things enchanted to take a beating...

Norbu: Perhaps you want your weapons enchanted? Or maybe a shield or sword? I can even enchant armor!

Big Joe: We need you to enchant this Liver, this heart, and these kidneys.

Norbu: :shock:
Jorel
Champion
Comment: I'm a Derrik, Derriks don't run.

Unread post by Jorel »

I printed out a copy at 2 by 3 feet and had it laminated. They gave me several extras so I gave one to Kevin at the Open House this weekend. It was hard to gauge, but I think he was impressed with the detail and the layout of it. I'll ask him about it after he's decompressed a bit from this action packed weekend.
Customer Service Director for Northern Gun

"The Devil's among us!
Stay back boy!...This calls for Divine Intervention!
I kick arse for the Lord!"
-Father McGruder- Braindead (a.k.a. Dead Alive)
mobuttu
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by mobuttu »

Jorel wrote:I printed out a copy at 2 by 3 feet and had it laminated. They gave me several extras so I gave one to Kevin at the Open House this weekend. It was hard to gauge, but I think he was impressed with the detail and the layout of it. I'll ask him about it after he's decompressed a bit from this action packed weekend.

Wow! Looking forward for his comments! :-D

Ectoplasmic Bidet
Hero

Unread post by Ectoplasmic Bidet »

It really is a great map. Well done.

Not that I'd ever get much use out of it, beyond artistic appreciation, but a full Rifts Earth wall map, like 6ft x 8ft would be awesome. Barring that, an atlas of each region and continent with pertinent information - empire boundaries, ley lines, fade towns, etc - would also be nice. If Palladium published something like that, I'd buy it.

Return to “Rifts®”