Shemarrian-related fan creations

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

taalismn
Priest

Re: Shemarrian-related fan creations

Unread post by taalismn »

Ouch....
And 89er?
You'll note in the Shemarrian Codex that the EcoS-K-37 Hekatonheires is officially a WIP. It will take me awhile, because I want to adequately do all the permutations, and do illos for most of them, but it's in progress.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Some more stupid barely-Shemarrian-related silliness abusing the Sailor Scouts:

“Where’s Minako?”
“Here!”
“Where...?! On jeez, Minako! Heartattacking time! Adaptive camouflage?”
“It’s ‘Sailor SCOUTS’. Observe first, pick them off from concealment, THEN spook them with the big show-off.”
“Works for me!”
“So, it’s you, me....Ami? Why aren’t you using the Mercury Computer?”
“I am!”
“Where is it?”
“I’m wearing it! See! It’s wearable now! Conformal body placement with tactile interfacing! More easily concealed under clothing and less likely to be dropped!”
“Okay...that explains that...I just thought you were into high tech underwear...So, you, me, Rei-(roll of thunder)...Matako coming in from the north end of the city. The Outers?”
“Here!”
“Here!”
“Where’s the rest of you?”
“Setsuna’s still murmurring into her pillow about zero gravity sex. Hotaru said something about breaking into the Imperial Treasury just for kicks.”
“And you LET her?!”
“She was already gone when we got up. She left us a note.”
“That...okay, we’ll deal with that later. THat’s a ...that’s what? BFG Number Three, Minako?”
“’Cannon Number Five’.”
“I didn’t think you went out for big weapons like that!”
“Not mine. Matako let me borrow it.”
THUMP*CLANG*WHhhhhiiirrrrrrrr
“Usagi’s here.”
#“Hi, there! Ready to rock and roll!”#
“Where’s Tuxedo Mask?”
“Behind Usagi.”
“Hiding in the shadows?”
“Not by choice.”
“Really?”
“Big power armor. Casts a lot of shadow.”
#”Are you saying I’m FAT?!”#
“No, just big*. You’re looking DOWN on Tuxedo Mask, these days.”
#“ ..uh..Right! Okay, everybody, make ready?”#
“Already ready!”
#“How-?! Oh, right...lesson one...’less flashy transformation-power-up sequences’.”#
“AUUUUGHHH!!”
#”Rei?”#
“Where’s your fuku?!”
THOSE BASTARDS! They somehow jiggered my transformation pen to default to THIS!!!”
#“Isn’t that-”#
“MY DANCING OUTFIT! MY BLOOD FIRE DANCE OUTFIT! THOSE AMAZON DEVIANTS!”
(Somewhere else in the megaverse, on a hidden island, deep in the South American rainforest, and in a hidden valley deep in mainland China, several women began sneezing violently)
“T’is a nice outfit. Could be worse.”
“HOW COULD IT BE WORSE?! EVERYBODY WILL BE STARING AT ME!!!”
“... in that, your face is not likely to draw most of their attention...”
“...well, they might be looking at your cheeks...”
“Haruka, shut up or you’re sleeping on the basement floor!”

“ARRRGGGHHH!!”

“Kitten, I think we’re getting close! I can hear rage!*”
(*Or is that ‘Reige’?)

“Ah, there you are, my Fire Dancer!”
YOU! What are you doing here----wait! Of COURSE you had to have something to do with THIS!!!”
‘What?”
“LOOK!”
“Ah, I see you’re dressed appropriately for that little demon invasion over there. I thought I’d swing around and pick you up for it!”
“Where?! What?! Whatever for?!”
“To face the enemy in glorious combat, of course!”
“You can’t be serious!? You people screwed up my fuku transformation! I can’t go facing the evil hordes dressed like THIS!”
“Why not?”
“BECAUSE IT’S PASTIES AND MAEBARI, THAT’S WHY! I MAY AS WELL BE COMPLETELY NUDE!!! I’M UNARMORED AND UNARMED LIKE THIS!!!”
“Even naked, can you call the Blood Fire**?”
“Yes, but what does that have to do with anything?!”
“Then you are not unarmed, nor unarmored.”
“You’re nuts! I can’t stand in front of those monsters, shake my booty, rub my legs together and summon up fire!”
“Have you forgotten your lessons so soon? You think I’d expect you to face them alone? I will take the front, you watch my back, my Little Spark! Fighting together, we will prevail in winning glory!!”
“...dear kami, you ARE serious....”
“Your passions run hot, but you waste your energy in needless worry over your previous useless dress and habits. Dress and habits you had, need I remind you, when I defeated you in fair combat after you attacked me! The fight is not yet begun and already you set conditions that defeat you! Need I take you back with me after this for some re-training, BONDSmaiden?”
“....how many demons are we talking about...?”
“Numerous. We’ll be substantally outnumbered. It promises a target-rich environment.”
“...oh, just peachy...”
“Especially in that outfit. Nice peaches there.”
“Shut up, Haruka, or you’re sleeping on the roof during the rainy season!”

“I swear, though, I see tentacles even ONCE, I’m going supernova...”
“THAT’S the spirit!”

Classic standoff. Virtually empty street, cleared of all traffic and regular commerce. Single Champion of Good at one end, Bad Guys at the other end. Each staring the other down.
Of course, the difference is this is a street in downtown modern-day Tokyo, the Bad Guys are a horde of demonic transdimensional beings intent on savaging the helpless human populace, egged on by their handsome-looking, bad-cliche-spouting, and essentially rotten to the core Dark Centurion leader, and the Champion of Good is a young adult Japanese female in a VERY scanty outfit showing off her considerable charms, all alone against the aforementioned demonic horde.

You can hear the Ennio Morricone musical score ramping up in the background already.

We are, for the moment, ignoring the fact that a block away, an eight-foot tall gynoid sheathed in flames, and a giant scythe-wielding and plasma-shooting robotic alien tiger, are gleefully cutting a fiery swath of destruction in ways that would raise more than a few human rights complaints had the targets been human, through another horde of demonic beings. We’re also conveniently forgetting that another block away, about a half-dozen of the Japanese girl’s friends are likewise cutting, shooting, stomping, and ripping yet another horde of youma into mulch.

But we’re focusing on the first horde, because, to those few observers who hadn’t already fled the scene of the latest Sailor Scout battle(the collateral damage having increased of late) the Champion of Good was a LOT more interesting to look at, what with heaving bosom providing serious competition to the Gainax Bounce.

But as in any standoff, somebody’s going to blink, or go ballistic. And Mount Hino was ready to erupt.

“WHY AM I SO ANGRY?! BECAUSE I’M STANDING VIRTUALLY NAKED IN THE MIDDLE OF TOKYO IN FRONT OF A HORDE OF IDIOTIC PERVERTED YOUMA!!!IN THE EPIC OF LIFE I’M JUST -FANSERVICE-!!! ENOUGH OF THIS $^#%$!!! -REQUIEM OF FLAMES-!!!!!!”
The youma in the back of the pack hogging the street had just enough time to recognize the opening of a Summoning Gate and realize just how @@@@ed they were as their leader was engulfed by the HAND of pure elemental fire that reached out through it. The Dark Centurion had just enough time for a short and abruptly cut-off scream as his body was burnt to ash, even as the REST of the angry Fire Elemental stepped through and into the midst of the forward ranks of demons, incinerating most of them. The unlucky ones reeled back, hideously burned, careening into those behind them, knocking them down and spreading the flames. Asphalt melted instantly and pooled like water; several demons fell into the suddenly dissolved paving, arguably drowning before burning to death in the boiling material.
One of the smarter youma in the very back row had enough time to turn and hightail it for the nearest river, flames licking at its back, while observing that the trope about bikini battle armor was holding true...the less coverage, the more protection, and in this case the nearly naked female had ACTIVE armor protection in the form of a raging sentient firestorm at her beck and call.

* It could have been worse. The Silvermoons could have given Usagi an X-700 Fat Boy. With a skirt.

**Blood Fire Magic---A variant school of magic derived from the Blue Fire practice, acquired by the Wayfinder Tribe from travellers from the Larhold domains of South America. It is essentially identical to the Blue Fire grimoire, with the exception that the fire produced is blood red, and practitioners can more readily pick up True Fire Elemental spells more easily. The school may tap into the same Elemental dimensions as those used by Paladin Steel to acquire ‘Eleminals’ for their own TW systems, or may be an entirely different realm. The Blood Riders have become intrigued with the school, even though most of the Tribe’s members cannot, by their physiological nature, practice magic. Instead, a few Elites have contested with the Wayfinders to acquire spell and PPE capacitor Upgrades, as well as the training to go along with them, and have sought to add to their number NeShemar recruits able to learn spell magic. The Blood Riders were delighted to acquire as a bondsmaiden a miko with an affinity for fire and magic, who could be taught the Blood Fire spells.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

...and I say again; "BUWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"
Bloodrider tribe Ver. 2.0 are not to be [censored] with. Their NeShemarr bondswomen, even more so. :D
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
taalismn
Priest

Off and on, I'll return to abusing them, just to show what other changes have taken place/been inflicted on the Warrior Formerly Known As Sailor MoonSailor Scouts. :D

You know, looking over the latest Rifts book(Black Market), that array of new robot animals....
Early fill-ins for Warmounts until the EShemar get their Assembly Forges going...later, they get dropped to 'second-echelon' mounts for their NeShemar auxiliaries.

Unicorn Robot Steed----Easily going to the Silvermoons
Pegasus Robot Steed----I can easily see this being used initially by the Hawkmoons, but later spreading in use to the Silvermoons.
Monster Pegasus Robot Steed----Hawkmoons, of course
Seahorse Robot Steed----This seems tailor-made for the DarkWaters
Raptor Robot Steed---Horrorwoods, easily
Mega-Rex---Once they encounter one, and see it for what it really is, stealing one will become a quest for EShemar robo-wranglers. Maybe the Wayfinders present one, or the specs, to the Horrorwoods?

Robot Cats & Dogs---easily all of the Tribes, as pets and scouts
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Sadly...no shipment of that book here :(
that and I've gone WAY over budget in spending this past month to justify grabbing Black Market

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:Sadly...no shipment of that book here :(
that and I've gone WAY over budget in spending this past month to justify grabbing Black Market

Too bad. But if you go over to http://chuckwalton.deviantart.com/gallery/, you can see Chuck Walton's art for them.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Poor Hope just got laser zorched (just her battle-plate but it still did 1st degre burns UNDER it to her synthflesh), then got chewed on by hell-hounds in tonight session. :shock:
Is okay though; she kicked tail, took names (sorted-filed-numbered-indexed and then erased 'em) and walked out torn and leaking cyber-plasm & synthblood but smiling none-the-less.
Just gonna take a while and LOTS of nuts & bolts soup for her "nanies" to fix her. :?

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:Poor Hope just got laser zorched (just her battle-plate but it still did 1st degre burns UNDER it to her synthflesh), then got chewed on by hell-hounds in tonight session. :shock:
Is okay though; she kicked tail, took names (sorted-filed-numbered-indexed and then erased 'em) and walked out torn and leaking cyber-plasm & synthblood but smiling none-the-less.
Just gonna take a while and LOTS of nuts & bolts soup for her "nanies" to fix her. :?

"Nanny Jemina's Instant Buckyballs Mix----All the silicon, rare earths, and trace minerals you need to supercharge your repair nanotech! The start of a healthy, happy, day for cyberoids!"

Aqnch! Wish I had some, or a bionic spine...threw my back out...pure murder bending over/standing up...worst part of it, all I've been doing before it happened is sitting down, not juggling bowling balls.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

[CENSORED] got real.
Looks like Lazlo may be calling in a marker with the Hawkmoon; and this before the civil-war is resolved. :? :eek: :shock:
GOOD news for the Hawkmoon tribe, they won't be doing their thang alone, as the Shem-rahn will also be assisiting.
"Do you want to know more?" Tune in to 'The Saga continues' later this week for details.

Leaves of the lotus rise

calto40k
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Jack Chriax: RPA Pilot, Killing Machine, Samuel Jackson Impersonator?

Unread post by calto40k »

taalismn wrote:
DhAkael wrote:Poor Hope just got laser zorched (just her battle-plate but it still did 1st degre burns UNDER it to her synthflesh), then got chewed on by hell-hounds in tonight session. :shock:

"Nanny Jemina's Instant Buckyballs Mix----All the silicon, rare earths, and trace minerals you need to supercharge your repair nanotech! The start of a healthy, happy, day for cyberoids!"

Aqnch! Wish I had some, or a bionic spine...threw my back out...pure murder bending over/standing up...worst part of it, all I've been doing before it happened is sitting down, not juggling bowling balls.

I know that feeling all too well :bandit:
Member of the Modern Cabal of 24

The stupid it burns it burns us preciouses

We are Legion and we will be heard
taalismn
Priest

calto40k wrote:[

I know that feeling all too well :bandit:

Recovering, but it took a bite out of my writing time. Fortunately no drugs were needed, but it's becoming a yearly event now after the Annual Cold. Problem is, this time around, after recovering from the initial "AWRRGGGG!", I relapsed even worse(as in, three times to try getting out of bed, and I went from 6 ft 4' to a hunched over 5 ft 7". Going to work I felt like Igor, hunchbacked and moving at a sidle.
"Can I helph you? Brains, perhaps? No spines, sorry! Fresh out of themth!"

Gotta create an Igor-esque cyborg with a tool kit hunchback... :P
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Bump, with humor:

“What the hell is THAT?!”
hummmmwhirrrr
“It’s Mowatt, our new teammate!”
tictacwhirrrrrrrr
“It’s a DOG. A robot DOG.”
“It’s a fully Awakened Artificial Intelligence Animal Companion.”
“Minako, you have ME! You don’t need another animal companion!”
“Mowatt’s a gift from my patroness in the Wolf’s Path.”
“People who beat you up and kidnapped you and chased around an alien planet for four years by your own admission! “
“It was a misunderstanding on our part.”
“....ever heard of Stockholm Syndrome, Minako?”
“It wasn’t THAT bad...well, maybe the part about being chased through a den of DireCats...and the swamp...and maybe whole ‘capture and release’ thing with the nets...but it wasn’t all that bad! The point is, I couldn’t turn down a gift from OroHuntress. Now admittedly, they couldn’t let me have a kantaran, but Mowatt’s pretty capable in himself!”
“At WHAT, I dare ask? What can this THING do that I can’t?!”
“Run at forty klicks an hour for hours on end, monitor broad spectrum communications bands, act as an automatic GPS, interface with the global internet with a wireless connection, hack electronic locks and security measures-”
whrrrrrhmmmmmm
“So you got a universal TV remote and an iPhone? Really, that doesn’t justify bringing that AIBO into our home-”
“Just get acquainted with Mowatt, Artemis. I’ll be back.”
“Where are you going?”
“Out. Personal buisness.”
(slam)
beepwhirr
“Get acquainted...right...me and this furred Dalek? ...Okay....ah, so, you lump of fakery, how’s it going? How’s it feel being a refugee from an ‘80’s sci-fi show? Are you housebroken or do we have to clean up worn out batteries lying all over the place?”
whirrrclik
“Do you chase cable TV vans for fun? Drink from the electric sockets? Do I have to worry about you humping the neighbor’s toaster? Or OUR microwave oven? Wow, but you’re fun to be around, aren’t you?”
hummmmclick
“Really, what can you do that I can’t already?!”
Verrpclickclackquintquarttaching-
“You can grow hands. Big hands. Oh cra-”

*Google Query: “Best Ways to Flush a Cat”*
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

'bout time that cat was given its cumuppance. :ok: :demon:

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:'bout time that cat was given its cumuppance. :ok: :demon:

“How are things settling out with you, now that you’re back?”
“Artemis isn’t getting along with Mowatt.”
“Well, you have to expect this when you have two animals trying to share space and establish territorial bounds...”
“This is the fifth time Artemis has had to find a way back from the water treatment plant.”
“What?”
“Artemis and Mowatt have been playing ‘U-Boat’; only substitute ‘flush toilet’ for ‘torpedo tube’ and ‘cat’ for ‘torpedo’.”
“That’s---”
“The next door neighbors are complaining about noises in the pipes, but on the plus side Artemis can now hold his breath for up to an hour.”
“An HOUR?! But that’s -”
“Unusual outside sea mammals, yes, Ami.”
“So THAT’S why Luna refuses to come within smelling distance of him.”

@@@BLORB@@@
*"HACK*GASP!!!!!!!!!"*-clamper-
"Yoshi! That damn cat's back!"
"Told you we needed thicker mesh on the separator screens."
"People....the things they do with unwanted pets...Totally irresponsible."
#HEAVE!#GaspHUFF!#"...twice...in...one...day...damn aibo!...."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

...and the campaign has our intrepid heros going back out East to find "He" and what links "He" has to the Shemarrian healing caves, and why obviously non-Shemarr robots looking like unskinned T-800 rejects would be using one of the caves as a holding pen for James. T.

Gonna be FUN. :demon:

P.S.; present group involves;
[*]A dedicated demon hunter.
[*]Power-suit jock (with at least 2 spare suits in tow :lol: ; after all, Jack got his SAMSON whacked last time).
[*]Elven Blade-mage (forgot what rifter #, but yeah...she likes swords).
[*]And a Psi-tech (with modified Noro crystal power-suit as her weapon of choice) ;)
All driving /riding in a Naruni Hover-RV (modified).

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

Sounds good.....Though one can hope that James T. learns that 'out of ARCHIE's hands' doesn't necessarily mean 'rescue'. :twisted:

Meanwhile:

*Transporter Room here. One to beam down.*
Mowatt, wearing a blue doggie sweater, leaned one paw on the control panel of the microwave oven.
From inside a white cat clad in a red kitty sweater looked out wide-eyed.
”...help...!”
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

..and now the Silvermoon take the stage in the campaign. :D
Bloodrider, Wolfs path & Horrorwoods are still not introd' to the game crew yet. :angel:

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:..and now the Silvermoon take the stage in the campaign. :D
Bloodrider, Wolfs path & Horrorwoods are still not introd' to the game crew yet. :angel:

"Ah, let the Moonies bore them to near-death, then the Pack will run some LIFE into them!"
"Nay, the PCs shall learn that adventure is done with PASSION and FIRE! Life is meant to be lived on the sword's EDGE!"
"Really, you two! It's obvious that one day they'll wander into the deep woods, and the Green Mother will be waiting to welcome them! Well, that would be us, serving in the Green Mother's stead..."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:
DhAkael wrote:..and now the Silvermoon take the stage in the campaign. :D

"Ah, let the Moonies bore them to near-death, then the Pack will run some LIFE into them!"
"Nay, the PCs shall learn that adventure is done with PASSION and FIRE! Life is meant to be lived on the sword's EDGE!"
"Really, you two! It's obvious that one day they'll wander into the deep woods, and the Green Mother will be waiting to welcome them! Well, that would be us, serving in the Green Mother's stead..."

"DOH!" :frust:
I forgot the Darkwaters...

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

(sounds of power tools, hammering, large high pressure pumps working, arc-welding, chain hoists rattling)
Tinker=caste Shemarrian:(standing up, covered in soot and grease, pulling goggles off face) "WHAT WAS THAT?! I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER ALL THE NOISE IN HERE!!!"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

Was that a NEXUS Sentry Tower?! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Oh flaming ####balls...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:

Oh flaming ####balls...

ARCHIE been upgrading his toys. :demon: :nuke:
What? You thought the SCW was gonna be a cakewalk? :D

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:
taalismn wrote:

Oh flaming ####balls...

Splicers. Ready-made ARCHIE-3 nightmare upgrades. :demon:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:
DhAkael wrote:
taalismn wrote:

Oh flaming ####balls...

Splicers. Ready-made ARCHIE-3 nightmare upgrades. :demon:

:angel: :quiet: -shhhh- Wait for it...
Mind you, it won't be "whole-cloth" taken from 'Splicers'
THAT setting is still its own discrete little corner of Hell, but I figured; I have the damned book, may as well use it. Besides; some of ARCHIE-03's other "toys", seperate from the Shemarrians, are looking a little stale and anemic (unless you take the stuff from the Rifters [tm, cr, et-al]; which some GM's refuse to do).
No 'metal plague' though; that'd derail the entirety of Rifts Earth. :-?

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

*ergggg,,,*
Works in Progress....the EcoS-K-37 Hekatonheires...BIG project for a Warmount, because I'm detailing all the Tribal variants and a PS-derivative AND illustrating all of them,...aggggggggggg.....wwwooooooorrrrrrkkkkkkkkkkkk...
THEN I get ideas for EcoS-K-39-41....AND two new attack animals..... and submarines! And a heavy air transport! Ehhhhwwwwwwww, my Muse hits the Speed and sleepy time takes another hit,....

And more zaniness as the Shemarrians take on new anime series and take prisoners...."Aren't I allowed a call?""Forget the call, I want my clothes back!""Or something to wear..."

And ARGH! That delays the two new Darkwaters starships again!
Thankfully, existing ships are modular, so they'll just have to make do until ...whenever.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Veritas476
Adventurer

Unread post by Veritas476 »

I get a "Requested post or topic does not exist" message when clicking on that link.
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Veritas476 wrote:

I get a "Requested post or topic does not exist" message when clicking on that link.

http://palladium-megaverse.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2590116#p2590116
Try that.

Leaves of the lotus rise

DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:*ergggg,,,*
Works in Progress....the EcoS-K-37 Hekatonheires...BIG project for a Warmount, because I'm detailing all the Tribal variants and a PS-derivative AND illustrating all of them,...aggggggggggg.....wwwooooooorrrrrrkkkkkkkkkkkk...
THEN I get ideas for EcoS-K-39-41....AND two new attack animals..... and submarines! And a heavy air transport! Ehhhhwwwwwwww, my Muse hits the Speed and sleepy time takes another hit,....

And more zaniness as the Shemarrians take on new anime series and take prisoners...."Aren't I allowed a call?""Forget the call, I want my clothes back!""Or something to wear..."

And ARGH! That delays the two new Darkwaters starships again!
Thankfully, existing ships are modular, so they'll just have to make do until ...whenever.

BUWAHAHAHAHA; yeah... that's why I only do dribs & drabs for the most part. :D
Otherwise I'd be a burnt out husk inside of a week.
Besides; I've been trying to get the SCW in my campaign at least PARTLY caught up to the material in this here thread.
*Ebil Grin* at least I have Ava in play now... she's FUN. :love:

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

Sometimes Fanservice is NOT a Proper Substitute for Proper Training and Equipment:

Minna clutched her Sturmgewehr 45 assault rifle and tried to see what, if anything, was going on, but the gloomy dim lighting and the confusing curves and lines of the decidedly alien architecture made making out anything a matter of conjecture. The air was redolent with the musty smells of salt water, freshly turned mud, and old stone, and a cold mist or fog hung in the air of the chamber she was in. She hadn’t heard anything of her sisters-in-arms, nor of the other personnel in the other divisions who were part of the expedition cracking open the great secret she was in.

When clues and hints had led them to what was supposedly a powerful artifact, which, upon in-person investigation had turned out to be much, much more, they knew they’d stumbled on a major prize, perhaps THE prize.
An entire intact alien spaceship! Sitting under the muck of a sunken city! Advanced technology, ripe for the taking! The very thing that would restore the glories of the Delmogeny!
And naturally, just as they were about to seize it, had broken through the first doors and locks and set up their staging point, who else happened along but the arch-nemesis of the Delmos, the detested Aika Sumeragi? The bimbo who’d killed Rudolf Hagen, their organization’s founder, disposed of his sister, and generally fouled the Delmogeny’s destiny time and time again, making them look like idiots. The most hated woman on or off the planet, in their eyes.

High Command may have declared an end to active operations to capture, break, and/or kill the Sumeragi woman, but they said nothing about self-defense if the situation allowed. And the Delmos were not about to meekly give up and let the Sumeragi devilwoman take their prize from them! More than a few of the Delmos would be all too happy to settle scores with Sumeragi, regardless of the price to themselves or others. Naturally, Sumeragi popping up HERE of all places had been the trigger for an all-out melee to erupt.

Unfortunately, Sumeragi had the devil’s own luck and proceeded to humiliate the Delmos with her usual embarrassing ease, even before she’d resorted to her damn alter-ego mode. Delmos of all color divisions had been bowled around like nine-pins.

In the fighting, the situation had become confused, the salvage-rig arc lights broken or thrown around, casting crazy shadows on the walls, the martial arts combat surging from room to room.
Minna had become separated from her security team, and was trying to make her way back to them through the tangle of collapsed equipment and scaffolding so she could close ranks and counter whatever the Sumeragi woman was up to.
Then came the screams, the distant shouting and yelling, the frenzied random gun fire.
”The SHIP! IT’S ALI-!!”
*KLANG*
///HHHssssssssstttttttttt!!!///
“BACK TO THE SUB! EVERYBOD-”
=ZHREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE=
ShrangShrangShrangShrang
“AAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!”
“HELP!”
-crrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-----
“WHAT’S -THAT!!!!!???”
“THE SHADOWS!!SHOOT THE #@&#ING SHADO--”

buddabuddabuddabuddabuddabuddabuddabuddabuddabudda
“IT’S GOT MMEeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!”
SHHHUUUUUUUUSSSHHH(“AAAEEEEEEE!!!!!”)*THORRRKKK*
“GET SUMER(ERKH!)!!!”
“NEVER MIND HER! GET -THEM-! -THE-”
buddabuddabuddabuddabuddabuddabuddabuddabuddabuddabuddabuddabudda
FWWWOOOOOSSSHHHHH
A flamethrower! Clea, one of the Golds, had brought one along, viciously joking that she’d use the incendiary weapon to toast Sumeragi to a crisp if she had the opportunity. Either that opportunity had presented itself, or Clea had found something else to use it on.
(((#BOOM!#)))
A grenade. After the flamethrower. Serious fighting.
(((#BOOM!# BOOM!#)))
Something had shifted then, and she’d slipped and fallen in the dim light, stumbled headlong into parts of the alien craft none of the claimants had explored yet. She’d bounced and slipped down the almost organic curves of the alien structure, before finally managing to regain her footing. She’d also managed, somehow, to hold onto to her rifle.
But that still left her in the dark, and in the quiet, which had her feeling very much alone.
The sounds from above and far away sounded more distant, more intermittant, and then, to her consternation, they stopped altogether.
Now she was in the dark, and had little, or rather NO, idea of how to get out of this place. She might be elite infantry-security, but Delmos were very much pack-oriented; individual initiative was not their organizational forte. Still, Minna began to pull on her training to find her center, to calm her thundering heartbeat, and she started to clear her head, to figure out what to do next. Her side might yet carry the day...
That’s when the mists in the room cleared enough for the dim lighting to outline what was in the room.
Ovoids, leathery-skinned ovoids covering the floor.
Ovoids, so very familiar-looking, all around her.
Her breath caught, a chill ran down her back, her pulse skyrocketed again..
“Heehehheheheheh.....” she nervously chuckled, “...no way...”
THat’s when she heard the wet squishing sound behind her, saw motion out of the corner of her eye.
“AAAYYYAAAGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!”
BLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAM
Motion over there!
The room lit strobe-like with muzzle flashes. EVERY shadow seemed in motion.
*CLICK*
*CLICK*
“CLICK*

“Uh-oh.” Needed more ammo, needed more ammo, where were her spare clips? In her pockets?! Idiot! The standard issue skin-tight Delmo outfit didn’t HAVE pockets for anything bigger than keys or credit cards! Or even tactical harness!
Minna began to curse Delmogeny dress code regulations. She’d have killed for a pair of cargo pants right then and there, as long as their pockets were packed with spare clips.
Never mind ammo! GETTHEHELLOUTOFHERE!!!!
-scuttle-
“Oh. No, pleas-”
Something hit her face softly but heavily. Cold coils wrapped around her throat, hard limbs clamped around her head and her world went dark.
She tried to scream, her hands clawing futily at the thick cable wrapped around her neck, but her scream was cut short as something jammed between her teeth, forcing her mouth open.
Then a pumping oscillation shook her head, and she felt herself involuntarily swallowing as a combination of the constriction her throat, hyperventilation, and the growing pressure on her head forced her to take breath.
Cold terror gripped her, freezing her, before her world went completely cold and senseless.

The two Shemarrians looked down at the still figure collapsed on the floor.
“It worked! It worked!”
“It certainly did.”

One of the two cybergynoids knelt down to inspect the biomechanoid device wrapped around the blue-clad intruder’s neck and head, its forced pressure gas delivery system shaking it rhythmically for a few moments before its biosensors told it its target was unconscious, and it slowed its actions to a stand-by maintain mode.
“My new capture mines are a thing of beauty, no?”
“I find your use of that particular...entertainment...as inspiration, well, disturbing.”
“It worked, didn’t it?”
“Yes, it did, but there are other more...civilized...ways of subduing intruders. Feeling this one’s terror as she was taken down was disturbing in itself.”
“That’s right, you’re a psi-shamaness too! Wasn’t that fear delightful? Especially after all that thinking about taking our ship and getting revenge and all that?”
“....I honestly don’t know why we invited you Nightmares along on this expedition.”
“Because we all wanted to get at that ancient Atlantean city buried under us, and a combined Tribe operation was deemed a good effort?”
“Right. That’s why. Knew there had to be a reason.”
“I notice you don’t put a ‘good’ qualifier on that. What I’d like to know, though, is why nobody was left aboard ship until these dopes let themselves in!”
“Because we needed everybody below to help with pulling out those Lemurian artifacts.”
“Oh well. Still, it’s worth it, surprising these gebs when we all came up out of the dig site and the lower decks! Did you get all that hollering? The chaos? Classic Nightmare party!”
“ Oh, do quit cackling. Let’s get this one put with the others. Then let’s get to cleaning up this damn mess.”

The two EShemarrians bent down to begin stripping and binding the unconscious prisoner.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:[
*Ebil Grin* at least I have Ava in play now... she's FUN. :love:

Should be...she was conceived of one person's idea for an ARCHIE-3 goddess-avatar, fleshed out by another, and put into play by her god-parent. :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Nightmare tribe riffing on everyones favorite Alien wing-wong...
figures. :demon: :ok:

Considdering the "cyber" Monst-rex design? It only stands to reason.

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:Nightmare tribe riffing on everyones favorite Alien wing-wong...
figures. :demon: :ok:

Considdering the "cyber" Monst-rex design? It only stands to reason.

Chromium teeth set in an eyeless head scratched away inches from fear-wide eyes set behind the clear megadamage plastic. If the prisoner inside could have backed away any further, she would have, but for the close confines of the sealed and locked transparent specimen case. So the prisoner took the only available escape; eyes rolled back into into the head as unconsciousness was achieved.
Sastisfied with its small victory, the Monstrex stalked to the next plastic sarcophagus in the row, hissing and showing its oh-so-sharp teeth at the captive inside. Amongst the ranks of makeshift prison cells, other Warmounts prowled, their spikes, spines, teeth, and claws showing most prominently to organic senses made all the more acute with terror. Smaller work remotes, arachnoid, insectoid, avian, and serpentine, skittered about, barely seen, but most definitely THERE.

Unseen in the darkness above the hold floor, on a catwalk, the jailers surveyed their charges.

"You know we're not going to be able to fob these off on the Horrorwoods."
"Why not?"
"They're part of the expedition, remember?"
"Bondsmen and bondsmaidens?"
"This lot? Too dumb, and those with any promise have already been claimed."
"Slip them to some of our allies?"
"They don't believe in slavery, most of them."
"They run penal colonies don't they?"

*hhsssssttttttttttttt*
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

:lol: :lol: :lol: @ above.
No no no, THIS lot should just be "sent back to sender".
...cuz they obviously were flawed to begin with BEFORE trying to screw with a Inter-tribal mission (never mind the fact said mission had the bloody Nightmare's along for the ride). :roll: :thwak:

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: @ above.
...cuz they obviously were flawed to begin with BEFORE trying to screw with a Inter-tribal mission (never mind the fact said mission had the bloody Nightmare's along for the ride). :roll: :thwak:

Message: "Help! I'm being held prisoner in a Shemarrian fortune cookie factory!"

(with apologies to Charles Schultz)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:
DhAkael wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: @ above.

Message: "Help! I'm being held prisoner in a Shemarrian fortune cookie factory!"

(with apologies to Charles Schultz)

-bloorf- *snarf* OW! Tea up nose...again. Darn you Ogami Ito, DARN!

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

"And HOW long does the Compulsion-Domination spell combination last?"
"Long enough."
"Long enough for WHAT?"
"For them to get in the door, sign the final consent forms, and get their first dose."
"WHAT consent forms?"

Paladin Steel Medical Division sub-office:
"We have HOW many volunteers for the human-testing long term psychotropic drug trials?"
"Look here. And all the paper work's been already filed electronically. Funny, huh? But efficient."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Update: Did some housecleaning and supplied the neglgently omitted "dodge" stats for two older posts, the Battle Falcon Warmount and the Draxos Warmount(which was erroneously posted with an UNDERWATER Dodge stat :o ).

Draxos illo should be also be coming soon(have to decide if I'm going to go full color or gray-scale)...I'm retroactively doing illustrations for as many of the Warmounts as time allows.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:Update: Did some housecleaning and supplied the neglgently omitted "dodge" stats for two older posts, the Battle Falcon Warmount and the Draxos Warmount(which was erroneously posted with an UNDERWATER Dodge stat :o ).

Draxos illo should be also be coming soon(have to decide if I'm going to go full color or gray-scale)...I'm retroactively doing illustrations for as many of the Warmounts as time allows.

LOL :lol:
O.C.D. much? :ok:
Not that I have any room to judge; spent 60% of yesterday converting a lot of my OLLLLLLLLDDDDDDDDD files (written in WP 6.0a; which sadly DIED on me after the last virus attack on my poor beast) to MSword. Only problem is the artz I had in-file 8-out-of-10 times gets mangled in the process (along with type-setting and layout; columns do NOT convert well from WP to MSW), so I have to dig through my archives.
-sigh-

Oh well, I have a few things I will eventually post here, converscent on wether my game crew gets their [censored] together and actually show up for the game sessions... :nh: :frust:

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:
taalismn wrote:Update: Did some housecleaning and supplied the neglgently omitted "dodge" stats for two older posts, the Battle Falcon Warmount and the Draxos Warmount(which was erroneously posted with an UNDERWATER Dodge stat :o ).

LOL :lol:
O.C.D. much? :ok:
Not that I have any room to judge; spent 60% of yesterday converting a lot of my OLLLLLLLLDDDDDDDDD files (written in WP 6.0a; which sadly DIED on me after the last virus attack on my poor beast) to MSword. Only problem is the artz I had in-file 8-out-of-10 times gets mangled in the process (along with type-setting and layout; columns do NOT convert well from WP to MSW), so I have to dig through my archives.
-sigh-

Oh well, I have a few things I will eventually post here, converscent on wether my game crew gets their [censored] together and actually show up for the game sessions... :nh: :frust:

I'll OD on Shemarrian material for awhile, then I'll go work on Paladin Steel and other stuff for a while....kinda of like a tidal cycle. :wink:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Veritas476
Adventurer

Unread post by Veritas476 »

taalismn wrote:I'll OD on Shemarrian material for awhile, then I'll go work on Paladin Steel and other stuff for a while....kinda of like a tidal cycle. :wink:

*snorts* More like a revolving door type rift or powerful hurricane. Your urge to work on things goes wherever it strikes. I know exactly how that is. :D
taalismn
Priest

Veritas476 wrote:
taalismn wrote:I'll OD on Shemarrian material for awhile, then I'll go work on Paladin Steel and other stuff for a while....kinda of like a tidal cycle. :wink:

*snorts* More like a revolving door type rift or powerful hurricane. Your urge to work on things goes wherever it strikes. I know exactly how that is. :D

Manic-Depressive Cycle, actually. :( :D - :-( :fool:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Just wondering if I should have Faith Brightlance (the first of the Celestials) and Ava team up at some point. :mrgreen:
Thoughts?
*LOL* and seeing as how things are going in my campiagn, that'd be amusing in teh extreme; The "demi-goddess" & daemon-slaying futa gynoids teaming up with a fallen Necroph (Nightbane version). FUN times. :demon:

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

And I'm comtemplating a time in the sort of distant/alternate future, where a 'liberated' Atlantis is portioned up between various participating nation-states, with a mostly leveled Splynn being reconstructed as 'The Dimensional Port of Earth' and administered something like post-World War Two Berlin, with various administrative blocs/zones..
The 'Orange Zone'(Germany), 'Green Zone"(Greater New England), 'Black Zone'(Shemarrian Nation'), 'White Zone'(Lazlo), 'Blue Zone'(Coalition States Republic), 'Silver Zone'(Great Britain), 'Gold Zone'(Combined Russian States), etc....("Okay, who the hell is 'Puce Zone'?!)...
Out in the country, there's still hot spots, but developers are already moving in. Az'lum's cordoned off, the Germans are off in the Gargoyle Cities finishing up what they started in Europe. The New Navy's invested several coastal ports, and various mercenary groups from around the world have been flocking to pick up jobs to 'clean up' new development zones for settlers(or loot the various abandoned/wrecked cities). There's Phase World companies and politiccal entities also on hand to help reinforce Atlantis against a Splugorth return, and to stake presences among the new shipping and manufactoring concerns looking to expand their markets. Naruni Enterprises is trying to squeeze in as well, but competition's fierce(signs of impending corporate warfare to break into the Earth marketplace, anybody? With the upstart Earthers trying to lock NE out, but finding that in order to play in the big markets, they finally have to subscribe to the galactic legal system, which NE already has its tentacles well into?).
Nothing set in concrete, yet, but it might make for an amusing vignette-from-a-possible future, with Earth becoming the equivalent of Hong Kong/Taiwan, with large transdimensional shipping ports and cheap low-cost industries being fed with low-cost resources from other universes. :D :mrgreen:
Last edited by taalismn on Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:And I'm comtemplating a time in the sort of distant/alternate future, where a 'liberated' Atlantis is portioned up between various participating nation-states, with a mostly leveled Splynn being reconstructed as 'The Dimensional Port of Earth' and administered something like post-War Berlin, with various administrative blocs/zones..

LOL! That'd be fun for players from alterante Rifts Earths to wind up at.

~*~

Customs inspector (Shemarrian accolyte in white robes of neutrality); "Please refrain from any overt showing of hostility to what may or may not have been your mortal enemy in your parallel dimension of origin. You must declare any and all weapons, advanced tech, flora & fauna and magical artifacts and constructs before you may leave the arrival complex."

CS Scout commander (to the reast of his squad): "We DEFINATELY are not in Kansas anymore."

Great Dane Dogboy; "Roo red it Raggy!" :shock:

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:
taalismn wrote:And I'm comtemplating a time in the sort of distant/alternate future, where a 'liberated' Atlantis is portioned up between various participating nation-states, with a mostly leveled Splynn being reconstructed as 'The Dimensional Port of Earth' and administered something like post-War Berlin, with various administrative blocs/zones..

LOL! That'd be fun for players from alterante Rifts Earths to wind up at.

~*~

Customs inspector (Shemarrian accolyte in white robes of neutrality); "Please refrain from any overt showing of hostility to what may or may not have been your mortal enemy in your parallel dimension of origin. You must declare any and all weapons, advanced tech, flora & fauna and magical artifacts and constructs before you may leave the arrival complex."

CS Scout commander (to the reast of his squad): "We DEFINATELY are not in Kansas anymore."

Great Dane Dogboy; "Roo red it Raggy!" :shock:

Added a little extra to the post, describing the situation out in the country. :bandit:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

EcoS-K-39 Shredwing Aerial Warmount
(aka ‘SnapDragon’, ‘BugSnake’, ‘Hook-Jaw’)
http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/img291.jpg

“I do not know if these monsters were Rifted here or were imported, but seeing three of those creatures weave in and out of the deep jungles of Georgia, even a mile away, froze my blood such that the hot Georgia sun could not thaw. I thought I’d seen the last of such monsters after that ill-omened adventure across the Great Ocean! Grateful am I that the beasts did not notice, or deign to notice, myself and my companions. It is small consolation beyond that, that the Splugorth who were pursuing us attracted their attention and the foul Atlantean monsters had as much trouble with the winged insect-devils as we might have; let monsters fight monsters and rid us of themselves, I say! But of there were three of those dragon-bugs, there were be others, I fear, and our trips into the Dinosaur Swamp have become that much more dangerous for the presence of yet another new hazard!”
-R’gol Melard, Wilderness Scout

While the Hawkmoons are generally regarded as THE aerial combat specialists of the Shemarrian Nation, this hasn’t precluded the other Tribes from developing their own aerialists and aerial Warmounts. Inspired greatly by the ecosystems they choose as their habitat, the Horrorwoods Tribe in particular has produced a range of flying Warmounts to serve their cause. The EcoS-K-39 Shredwing is one of the latest.
The Shredwing is clearly based on the Giant Clamp-Mouth Dragonfly, a creature which was doubtlessly observed in the British Isles during the EShemarrians’ exploratory expeditions to Europe. From a distance, the EcoS-K-39 can be easily mistaken for the Clamp-Mouth, but closer scrutiny will reveal a metallic tint to its chitin, and small jet thrusters at the front and rear wing junctures. The armor plates immediately aft of the head also form a ‘natural’ saddle.
Though heavily armored, the Shredwing is only lightly armed compared to aircraft of comparable MDC and size. However, it is also insanely maneuverable, with the capability of performing acrobatic maneuvers matched only by flying power armor(or natural aerialists). Despite its long length, the Shredwing flies like a demon, looping smoothly in and out of tall tree groves and ruined skyscrapers, cornering insanely tight, and using its multiple sets of jets and wing-airbrakes to vector in forward flight, flip end for end, stop dead in mid-flight, and curl back on an opponent. The few non-Shemarrians who have ridden the Warmount have compared it to a ‘roller coaster ride for masochists’ and ‘riding a giant whip’. Among the Horrorwoods, those who choose to ride Shredwings as their Warmounts of choice are regarded with high respect and a touch of suspicion with regards to their mental state.
Though developed by the Horrorwoods and thus far used exclusively by them, the Shredwing has also attracted the attention of the Sapphire Cobras who are interested in acquiring a version for their own Tribal forces.

Type: EcoS-K-39 Shredwing
Class: Robotic Warmount, Aerial
Crew: None; robot intelligence
1 rider/pilot, and room for 1 passenger
MDC/Armor by Location:
Main Body 500
Head 290
Laser Eyes(2) 30 each
Mandibles(3) 100 each
Saddle Shield Plate 75
Wings(10) 40 each
Jet Thrusters(8) 45 each
Height: 7 ft
Width: 25 ft windspan
Length: 50 ft
Weight: 3,000 lbs
Cargo: Small space inside/beside the saddle-seat for a few personal possessions and sidearms.
Physical Strength: Equivalent to Robotic P.S. of 30
Powerplant: Nuclear w/ 20 year energy life
Speed: (Running/Crawling) 15 MPH
(Flying) Hover to 420 MPH, maximum altitude 20,000 ft.
(Space) Not possible
(Underwater) Can swim at roughly 15 MPH, but cannot dive below 80 ft without sinking like a stone.
Market Cost: Exclusive to the Ecotroz-Shemar
Systems of Note:
Full optical systems, laser targeting, passive nightvision, telescopic vision, thermal imaging, infrared, ultraviolet, and polarization filters. Also has motion and heat detection, built-in radar( 60 mile range) and other standard power armor-equivalent systems. Additional/special sensors may be built in by the creating Spinsters or at the behest of individual riders/owners.

*Advanced Motion Detection---A denser network of air pressure sensors and micro-radar nodes all over the Shredwing give it a superior sense of its immediate surroundings and environment.

*Bionic Cybernanite Repair Systems---ALL Shredwings have the same bionic nanotech repair system that the Ecotroz Shemar have refitted themselves with, and which is becoming the standard among NeShemar as well. These systems repair 4d6 MD per hour, and can repair 100 MDC before needing material stocks to convert to MD repair material.

Weapons Systems:
1) Eye Lasers(2)---The eyes of the Shredwing sport the now-familiar EShemarrian eye lasers, delivering a truly lethal ‘gaze of death’.
Range: 2,000 ft
Damage: 4d6 MD single shot, 1d4x10 MD for a pulse burst
8d6 MD dual shot, 2d4x10 MD for a dual pulse burst(counts as one attack)
Rate of Fire: EPCHH
Payload: Effectively Unlimited

2) Missile Racks(2)---Just below each of the forward sets of jet engines can be mounted expendable ordnance:
a) Mini-Missiles---3 per hard point
b) Short Range Missiles---1 per hard point
c) Bombs---Equivalent to mini-missiles and bombs, but DOUBLE the blast radius.

3) Tail Laser---Mounted at the rear wing juncture is a concealed mini-laser for dealing with tail-end attackers and for delivering arracks in passing.
Range: 4,000 ft
Damage: 2d6 MD per blast
Rate of Fire: ECHH
Payload: Effectively Unlimited

4) Snap-Mandibles---The tripartite mouth, with its razor-sharp hooked mandibles, can snap closed with machine speed and precision to amputate even armored limbs, tear off weapons and sensors, and pierce megadamage hide.
Just like the original, the Shredwing features an inner mouth as well, a rotating drill-like orifice of sorts that cuts into a grappled target like a rotary cutter.
Range: Melee
Damage: 3d6 MD for the large jaws
1d6 MD for a drilling bite from the smaller rotary cutter inside, 6d6 MD for a full melee of cutting.

5) Vibroblade Tail---The tail sports a vibroblade for whipping ‘stings’.
Damage: 2d6 MD

6) Vibroblade Wings(10)---Taking a cue from Gargoyle weapons also observed on the European expeditions, the Horrorwoods have equipped the Shredwing with molecularly-sharp wing leading edges, giving the Warmount its signature name. Flying too close to the many-winged Warmount is to run a gauntlet of flying blades. A popular tactic is to slash a target(especially a flying one) with all three foreward wings on one side, then, while the target is still reeling, bring the long tail around to rake them in passing with the REAR wings in an attack compared by some to a ‘flying food processor’.
Damage: 2d6 MD per wing slash(6d6 MD if all three forward wings on one side manage to slash, usually followed by 4d6 MD from the rear set in passing)

7)(Optional) Modular Weapons(1)---The Shredwing has provision for torso-mounting one weapon pod similar to those standard to the Monstrex.

8 )(Optional) Acid Bite---Some Shredwings have been known to use their inner mouths to inject a shot of powerful acid into a target, doing additional damage.
As an alternative, this system can be used to deliver other chemical agents, such as paralyzing agents and powerful sedative drugs, into a trapped victim pinned by the tripart jaws.
Damage: Does 4d6 MD the first melee, 3d6 MD the second melee, 2d6 MD the third melee, 1d6 MD the fourth, and 1d4 MD the fifth. Must be washed off with large amounts of liquid(at least 20 gallons), scrapped off, or other neutralized.
Rate of Fire: Once per melee
Payload: 25 shots of acid

9) (Optional) Spear Rack---The saddle can be fitted with a spear rack with 20 MDC and holding 4-6 spears. Thrown from the air, the spears get an extra +1 to damage, +1d4 if thrown as part of a dive-bomb, due to the extra speed behind the throw.

Programming:
The Ecotroz have installed robotic AIs, then infected the matrix with a low-level Ecotroz sentience.
Has all the same standard programming as the Monst-Crane, but is configured for aerial movement and combat.
Has the equivalent of the following(for aerial maneuvering purposes):
Pilot Jet Fighter 70%(+5% per level of experience).
The Ecotroz entity can also pick up one Secondary skill at levels 2, 6, and 12 of experience, though the nature of the Shredwing intelligence and design is such that it is limited to skill selections from Technical: Language(understanding) and Lore, Espionage(Detect Ambush, Detect Concealment), Wilderness(Track Humanoids, Track Animals, Hunting, Identify Plants and Fruits).
Actions/Attacks Per Melee: 7
Initiative +2 (+1 from the Ecotroz entity for a total of +3)
Dodge +3, +6 in flight
Strike +2 (+2 w/ ranged weaponry)
Roll +2+1
Parry +1
Pull Punch/Strike +2
Main Bite 3d6 MD
Secondary Bite 1d6 MD
Wing Slash 2d6 MD
Body Slam/Whip(2 attacks) 4d6 MD, plus 50% chance of knocking targets over(lose initiative and 1 APM getting back up).
Tail Whip 2d6 MD

Note: The Ecotroz intelligence fragment inhabiting the ‘bot gives the Shredwing an aura and behavior more befitting a sentient being than a robot. The Shredwing, much like its design inspiration, is a dedicated predator, anxious and twitchy when not on the hunt, ready to explode into action. Even when at rest, the cyberpredator is rather ill-tempered, and will snap and lunge(although not fatally) at anybody it doesn’t like or who encroaches on its personal space(including other Shredwings). Horrorwoods EShemar who choose to ride the Shredwing have to put up with a rather more tempermental Warmount than others. In combat, however, the Shredwing is all ferocity and grace, and readily works with others in pack-hunting.

The Ecotroz fragment does occasionally need sleep/rest...though they only need 2 hours of rest/meditation per 24 hours...they can push this, going without for as many days as they have I.Q. points, but will have to go dormant for 4d6 hours after such exertion.
Susceptible to Exorcism and Banish spells, but are +6 to save against such spells, +1 at levels 4, 8, and 12 of experience, and becoming IMMUNE at level 14 and up. Such Banishment causes the ‘bot to revert to its default robot programming. (OPTION: Ecotroz may become IMMUNE to Exorcism and Banishment with experience, and NEW BUILT EShemar constructs are immune to this)

Note also that the Ecotroz-possessed ‘bot can infect other bots with the Ecotroz viral-entity, by bite or sustained touch(takes 3 attacks).

Variants:
*EcoS-K-39HwB---’Royal SnapDragon’----This upgraded variant, seen in the Shemarrian Star Nation, sports an especially brilliant iridescent skin that is actually laser-resistant armor(lasers do HALF damage), and the inner rotary mouth-bite has been replaced with a powerful, if short-ranged, plasma ejector( 1,600 ft range, 1d4x10 MD per blast, and can also produce a ‘shotgun blast’ doing 6d6 MD to a 15 ft- wide area at 800 ft). The Royal SnapDragon is believed to be a collaboration between the Horrorwoods and the Silvermoons, in order to celebrate a shared victory somewhere in the galactic marches, and thus fare has been seen as the ride of War Chieftains and exceptional officers in the Horrorwoods.
Last edited by taalismn on Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

..and once again, you have earned the title 'cyber-beast master' :ok:

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:..and once again, you have earned the title 'cyber-beast master' :ok:

Enhanced now with picture!
And, to be added to the Skullcrusher Draxos Warmount as soon as I can backtrack to it:
[url]
http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp16 ... 94copy.jpg[/url]
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:
DhAkael wrote:..and once again, you have earned the title 'cyber-beast master' :ok:

Enhanced now with picture!
And, to be added to the Skullcrusher Draxos Warmount as soon as I can backtrack to it:
[url]
http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp16 ... 94copy.jpg[/url]

Not sure if I saved out the Draxos BUT I know the Shredwing has been ;)

Leaves of the lotus rise

Return to “Rifts®”