Guardians in Rifts

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

DracoMagus
Explorer

Guardians in Rifts

Unread post by DracoMagus »

So the idea here is that I'm looking to have a character who is a Guardian (NMB) that is somehow brought to Rifts Earth. This could be due to them being sent through a random portal or something along these lines during their "first mission" as a Guardian or whatever have you.

What I'm looking for is input on how this would affect the Guardian, how they would affect things in the new world they inhabit. Would they just become "broken" in the world of Rifts?

More to come on this as I think of it and/or other input comes in. Also, if there is a thread that already goes over this could I get a link to it please?
Remember kids, if speed were everything jackrabbits would Rule the World!!!!

All Hail the Death Metal Rooster!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A43JOxLa5MM
Curbludgeon
Hero
Comment: They/Them

Re: Guardians in Rifts

Unread post by Curbludgeon »

As far as numbers I'd leave their PPE/ISP as is, convert them to MDC, and possibly increase their lifespan while on Rifts Earth (see below).

If you wanted the Guardian's arrival to be a possibly unique event of some influence, then I could see having the character arrive in the Chaos Earth setting. Once there their arrival/continued presence somehow leads to the creation of the Star Children of England, whom are another group of light-themed humanoids. As described in Rise of Magic, the D-Shifters are detailed as disappearing sometime during the Dark Ages, and are intuitively magical pseudo creatures of magic, so perhaps instead of disappearing they simply were changed. The higher magic of the setting could affect the Guardian's lifespan in a manner similar to Lizard Mages and other creatures of magic, allowing the character to survive until your game's setting date. Perhaps they were knocked unconscious or something in a cave during whatever happened to let them travel, from which only recently the Guardian awakened, only to discover they were the transdimensional catalyst for a people now measured in the low thousands.

The fun thing to consider, in such a situation, is if the Earth Children were also altered former D-Shifters, and if so, what was their catalyst?
DracoMagus
Explorer

Curbludgeon wrote:As far as numbers I'd leave their PPE/ISP as is, convert them to MDC, and possibly increase their lifespan while on Rifts Earth (see below).

If you wanted the Guardian's arrival to be a possibly unique event of some influence, then I could see having the character arrive in the Chaos Earth setting. Once there their arrival/continued presence somehow leads to the creation of the Star Children of England, whom are another group of light-themed humanoids. As described in Rise of Magic, the D-Shifters are detailed as disappearing sometime during the Dark Ages, and are intuitively magical pseudo creatures of magic, so perhaps instead of disappearing they simply were changed. The higher magic of the setting could affect the Guardian's lifespan in a manner similar to Lizard Mages and other creatures of magic, allowing the character to survive until your game's setting date. Perhaps they were knocked unconscious or something in a cave during whatever happened to let them travel, from which only recently the Guardian awakened, only to discover they were the transdimensional catalyst for a people now measured in the low thousands.

The fun thing to consider, in such a situation, is if the Earth Children were also altered former D-Shifters, and if so, what was their catalyst?

That could make for an interesting idea, perhaps an effect of multiple Guardians coming to Rifts/Chaos Earth?
Another idea could be if the 'polarity were reversed' perhaps? I'd have to look more into the Star Children to be able to see how that could work.

Curbludgeon
Hero
Comment: They/Them

Unread post by Curbludgeon »

Well, if you feel like doing so, they're pretty much only mentioned at any length in World Book 3: England.
DracoMagus
Explorer

DracoMagus wrote: What I'm looking for is input on how this would affect the Guardian, how they would affect things in the new world they inhabit. Would they just become "broken" in the world of Rifts?

A cool idea here may be for them to arrive near a town in the New West perhaps.

drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Use the RCB1r and the DC book to fill out the "coming to rifts earth' details.

NB is the typical way to abbreviate the Nightbane main-book.
There is a list of the typical abbreviation in the Q&A forum.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.

Return to “Rifts®”