Dragons, Dragon Juicers, and Rifts

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

ardashir
Wanderer

Dragons, Dragon Juicers, and Rifts

Unread post by ardashir »

Just a few questions here.

First of all, what are the main books to use for information on dragons in Rifts? Beyond the RUE, I know of the brief information on them in WB 12:Psyscape. The Conversion Guide used to have some information on them but the revised version doesn't, or maybe I just missed it. Are there any other specific Rifts books with draconic information, especially for the adult and ancient dragons.

Secondly, how easy should it be for a Dragon Juicer to bargain for some of that ancient dragon blood to prolong their lives, rather than simply blow another poor 5000+ year old dragon away and start dipping a bucket in the gore? I assume it can't be easy, or every Dragon Juicer would be doing it. Maybe trading the dragon something it desires for whatever hoard it has, like the rare mint copy of Action Comics #1 or the Hope Diamond, or whatever it wants?
Blue_Lion
Knight

Re: Dragons, Dragon Juicers, and Rifts

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

SOT 3(i think) and 6.
Atlantis I believe also talks on a city of dragon.
Think Triax, and japan have information on the same species of dragon.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Re: Dragon Info
Dragons and Gods, it's a dual-line book covering Dragons for both PF and Rifts (includes conversion notes) and is probably the largest source for Dragon info.

Rifts England (WB3) has on new dragon species (also appearing in D&G)
Rifts Japan (WB8) has several new dragon species (also appearing in D&G)
Rifts Psycape (WB12) has a new dragon species, plus a demon that wears the heads of a Dragon they kill
Rifts SoT 6 has a Dragon community described as part of Tolken
Rifts SoT 5 IINM is where they introduce the Shadow Dragon Ability

Dragon Cult(s) gets mentioned in WB12 (Psycape), WB16 (Fed of Magic), and WB6 (SA1). Rifts Atlantis (WB2, possibly WB21) also has the Splugorth and Dragon's relationship. Rifts Africa (WB5) might also have Dragon info (Pheonix Empire).

Re: Dragon Juicers
Could a DJ cut a deal with a Dragon? Sure, though doubtful (if it was that easy the Dragon-Gods special Blood-Metals...). Another thing to consider is the population of Dragons in a given area might put pressure on keeping the DJ-class numbers down.
ardashir
Wanderer

By the way, talking draconic metamorphosis -- can dragons turn into any form they can imagine? Like, say, an anthropomorphized version of their dragon self? Which I imagine would look a lot like a Phase World Draconid. Or are they limited to looking like creatures that exist in the Rifts setting?
ardashir
Wanderer

ShadowLogan wrote:Re: Dragon Info
Dragons and Gods, it's a dual-line book covering Dragons for both PF and Rifts (includes conversion notes) and is probably the largest source for Dragon info.

Rifts England (WB3) has on new dragon species (also appearing in D&G)
Rifts Japan (WB8) has several new dragon species (also appearing in D&G)
Rifts Psycape (WB12) has a new dragon species, plus a demon that wears the heads of a Dragon they kill
Rifts SoT 6 has a Dragon community described as part of Tolken
Rifts SoT 5 IINM is where they introduce the Shadow Dragon Ability

Dragon Cult(s) gets mentioned in WB12 (Psycape), WB16 (Fed of Magic), and WB6 (SA1). Rifts Atlantis (WB2, possibly WB21) also has the Splugorth and Dragon's relationship. Rifts Africa (WB5) might also have Dragon info (Pheonix Empire).

Re: Dragon Juicers
Could a DJ cut a deal with a Dragon? Sure, though doubtful (if it was that easy the Dragon-Gods special Blood-Metals...). Another thing to consider is the population of Dragons in a given area might put pressure on keeping the DJ-class numbers down.

I'm sorry it took me this long to remember to say this, but thanks for all the information you shared. You too, Blue_Lion.
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

I have always envisioned an evil ancient dragon leading a dragon cult....You too can become a dragon if you follow our 15 step plans! Start with giving up your worldly possessions and pledge your loyalty to your betters!....step 13 become my pet dragon juicer....
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

RockJock wrote:I have always envisioned an evil ancient dragon leading a dragon cult....You too can become a dragon if you follow our 15 step plans! Start with giving up your worldly possessions and pledge your loyalty to your betters!....step 13 become my pet dragon juicer....

Would this be a Dragon version of Scientology or just a Dragon MLM? I mean do I get extra levels for bringing in 3 of my friends?
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

note that the dragon juicer description actually mentions rumors of a dragon having created an army of dragon juicers from its own blood.

personally, i'd use that plot idea as a leader of the cult of dragonwright setting up shop somewhere, and using dragon juicers as elite bodyguards and enforcers.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Shorty Lickens
Hero
Comment: Arrrrgggghhhh!

Unread post by Shorty Lickens »

There was SUPPOSED to be a Rifts Dragons sourcebook but they never actually started the damn thing.
http://incompetech.com/graphpaper/
Create and print dozens of different graph papers.
Blackwater Sniper
Explorer
Comment: The only bad character is the one you didn't put on paper.

Unread post by Blackwater Sniper »

I would always allow a Dragon Juicer to "try" to find a compatible dragon.

It could lead to a great long-term campaign. Imagine having a pact with a dragon!

You could be tasked with keeping "your dragon" safe from outside threats.

The ideas are as endless as your imagination.
So what if I don’t know what apocalypse means? It’s not the end of the world!
RockJock
Knight

You know a dragon patron has many options and advantages. If you have an organization like Dragonwright, with multiple dragon members with different skillsets you coul have many possibilities. Dragon Juicers make sense as minions, but look at some other Dragon Derived powers/classes. True Atlantean tats can come from dragons. I could definitely see a Maxi-Monster Man with a focus on monster tats of say Drakes and/or other dragon like monsters. A martial arts character with extra Japanese style martial arts abilities(taught by Japanese dragons of course). Even something like a Blood Rider(dino more than dragon I know), or some of the Lemurian style classes could fit. Just a random thought.
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

Pacts with dragons can have lots of unexpected risk. Draconic logic can be complex and difficult for less intelligent life forms to understand. To dragons often all those around them are just chess pieces to manipulate to gain their own advantage. So its gifts might have a price you did not expect.

To quote Shadowrun - Never make a deal with a dragon.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
RockJock
Knight

Oh I am talking elite warriors that the dragons see as expendable pawns for sure.

Return to “Rifts®”