How Much Time Will Pass?

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Eric42
Wanderer

How Much Time Will Pass?

Unread post by Eric42 »

In the effort to get some conversation started in here, I've had this question rattling around in my head: How much time will pass before the Zombie Apocalypse will be over? Okay, I know that this'll differ for each individual GM, but that's the point. See, I was thinking that it'll take, at minimum, ten years before the ZA will be finished. With the books confirming (in universe, of course) that zombies, if they don't get to feed, will rot away and "die" in a number of years (in 1d4 years, core p.23). But of course, some zombies will always get to feed really well and since humans are technically a "renewable" resource (that is, we can have children thus making more "food" sources), I feel that it'll be a long time, roughly ten years, before humanity can be 100% sure that zero to very few zombies are left walking the earth. But I want other people's opinions: How long will the ZA last in your settings?
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Re: How Much Time Will Pass?

Unread post by Warshield73 »

Eric42 wrote:since humans are technically a "renewable" resource (that is, we can have children thus making more "food" sources)

I have nothing to contribute here but this line gave me a chuckle.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

At least two generations
Be at peace, my people. All shall be looked up.
Carl Gleba wrote:My original line of thinking goes along with asajosh...
Carl

Jesterzzn wrote:So just remember that its just the internet, and none of our opinions matter anyway, and you'll do fine. :)
Eric42
Wanderer

Unread post by Eric42 »

And how do you define a generation? And why so long?

Return to “Dead Reign™”