Grossing out your players.

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Kargan3033
Hero

Grossing out your players.

Unread post by Kargan3033 »

My question to the GMs who play Dead Reign do you purposely gross out your players?

Example: Having your players coming across a deluded zombie lover giving mouth to mouth with a Worm Meat zombie because she think *he* is sick and having the Worm Meat zombie yaking up a lung full of maggots/worms as she is giving mouth to mouth to *him* and giving a very *detailed* description of the scene between the deluded zombie lover and the Worm Meat zombie? :twisted:
" Ale and Whores, it's not just your reward, it's your Motivation. "
Axelmania
Knight

Re: Grossing out your players.

Unread post by Axelmania »

Baby zombies are a common trope in movies for horror purposes lately. I've seen them in Z-Nation, that mall movie, Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.

I guess Trainspotting counts too.
Books
D-Bee

Unread post by Books »

Yep, zombies dasher babies. I was in Heros/Dead Reign were the party was sent into a city for search and rescue. One of the encounters had us walking past a daycare and seeing six of them trying to break a window to get at us. Everyone made their horror factor that time but later in the game me and another had to hunker down in the basement to avoid an airstrike. We were both knocked out from the bombs; when we come to one of the zombie babies was trying to gum it's way throu the other guy class 4 armor. He failed his HF save and flipped out; I must have pistol whipped him a good half dozen times before I managed to get the baby off him. Two more followed form the daycare and started a moan outside the gunstore we were trying to regroup. I am going to leave the story there otherwise I would be typing on my phone all night.
Grell
Republican
Comment: We are the hope for the future and we will not fail in that duty.

Unread post by Grell »

Kargan3033 wrote:My question to the GMs who play Dead Reign do you purposely gross out your players?

Example: Having your players coming across a deluded zombie lover giving mouth to mouth with a Worm Meat zombie because she think *he* is sick and having the Worm Meat zombie yaking up a lung full of maggots/worms as she is giving mouth to mouth to *him* and giving a very *detailed* description of the scene between the deluded zombie lover and the Worm Meat zombie? :twisted:

1. Absolutely, yes.

2. That's an awesome scene. I had a Bonny and Clyde styled duo in my last campaign. Bonny was a deluded zombie lover and Clyde was a mock zombie. Naturally, grossness ensued.
"He who commands the kitchen commands the ship." -C. Magewind, Ley Line Rifter and self proclaimed "Best Cook in the Three Galaxies"

"The question is not why the mechanoids kill the humanoids, but only why nobody did it sooner." -Killer Cyborg
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

You know... even though conceptually I'd be prone (pun!) to assuming all babies (even those not missing legs) are Crawler Zombies, rules as written they'd have just an equal chance of being the standard Sloucher or Fast Attack zombie as any human...

Meaning that even though normal babies can't walk (much less sprint) the magic which reanimates them would give them this ability.

They'd also presumably have the same motor skills and intelligence... this is a step down from adult humans on average, but consider that Thinker Zombies can fire guns and Mock Zombies can even talk and reload weapons...

By the book, there's really nothing preventing a baby-turned-zombie from becoming a Fast Attack / Thinker / Mock Zombie and operating just as competently as an adult-turned-zombie would in every single capacity.

So you'd have Baby Mock Zombies who never age but are as intelligent as adults, driving cars, firing guns, etc. But of course, they could also pretend to be a normal baby long as they didn't rot...

I'm thinking they should probably have less PS though since rather than being an assigned-dice it happens to be based on % of strength while alive (doubled).

Baby zombies would have exactly the same PE / HP / SDC as adult zombies though :)

They would also do exactly the same amount of damage with bites and headbutts, even though they lack teeth and don't have fully formed skulls. You could even have Flesh-Eating Baby Zombies who somehow manage to eat human flesh despite a lack of teeth!

Unless of course one of the supplements specifically addressed this situation and gave them lower stats? A cosmetic effect where a Baby Zombie Moan sounds like exactly like a normal crying baby would be excellent.

Return to “Dead Reign™”