Zed Fall damage

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

azazel1024
Champion
Comment: So an ogre, an orc and a gnome walk in to a bar...

Re: Zed Fall damage

Unread post by azazel1024 »

I don't think it is listed. I think the assumption is they take no damage. If it is really, really, really high I could see it turning one in to an instant crawler or obscenely high totally killing one (everything is crushed). I think quicky rules would be half damage that a human takes from a similar height fall applied over the whole zed, so if it was really high there is a chance of breaking the neck/crushing the head.

Course we are talking falling off a 20 or 30 story building to probably kill a Zed.
-Matt
azazel1024
Champion
Comment: So an ogre, an orc and a gnome walk in to a bar...

Unread post by azazel1024 »

It takes something in the range of 1500-2000ft to reach terminal velocity (real world), so really the maximum would be around 150-200d6. Of course that is ridiculous, your only falling 110-120mph at that point, and 150-200d6 is enough to put a serious whole in a tank if you landed on it. I think the 1d6 per 10ft works just fine, up to about say the 20d6 limit. Any higher then that and you are close enough to terminal velocity that it is really pointless to count more and 20d6 is more then enough to kill a mere mortal almost everytime (and rare things do happen with people surviving with no parachute falling from hundreds or thousands of feet, 1 in a million, but it happens).

So anyway, as Leon said I'd use 20d6 as the maximum and 1d6 per 10ft of height.
-Matt
Vampirewolf
D-Bee

Unread post by Vampirewolf »

I know this thread is old, but I read that if you fall a certain distance then your skull is crushed and your Body is beyond repair. I think a medic once said that you look like a Bulldozer drove over you.
So, if the skull is flattened, would that not mean brain damage and death of the Zombie?
Fenris2020
Adventurer
Comment: Go woke, go broke.

Unread post by Fenris2020 »

azazel1024 wrote:It takes something in the range of 1500-2000ft to reach terminal velocity (real world), so really the maximum would be around 150-200d6. Of course that is ridiculous, your only falling 110-120mph at that point, and 150-200d6 is enough to put a serious whole in a tank if you landed on it. I think the 1d6 per 10ft works just fine, up to about say the 20d6 limit. Any higher then that and you are close enough to terminal velocity that it is really pointless to count more and 20d6 is more then enough to kill a mere mortal almost everytime (and rare things do happen with people surviving with no parachute falling from hundreds or thousands of feet, 1 in a million, but it happens).

So anyway, as Leon said I'd use 20d6 as the maximum and 1d6 per 10ft of height.
-Matt

You'd only put a hole in a tank if you got over its AR, which isn't likely.

:lol:
You are a truly worthy foe! I shall howl a dirge in your honour and eat your heart with pride!
Augur
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Creator of the best PBP sites online: Explorers Unlimited & Savage Rifts

Unread post by Augur »

Zombies take fall damage and can be totally SPLATTED by such, just like a normal human can. This is actually covered in Hell Followed IIRC...where they talk about the aberrant sloucher behavior (a new zombie type!) of zombies that will fall on you from great heights. I don't recall if they denote the damage to a zombie being any different than that which is standard.
ImageImageImage

Return to “Dead Reign™”