Board index » SDC Worlds » Dead Reign™

Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:15 am

Hero

Comment: Hey, relaaaax. Pretend it's a game. Maybe it'll even be fun
Shoot the tubes, Dogmeat!
Just sent the intro to my crew

----
So, I think my inspiration gland is starting to work again and I've got an idea for our next game. It will be Palladium Modern. It will be Dead Reign with a twist, before Z-Day, it was a Beyond the Supernatural setting. As such your characters will be highly skilled, potentially psychic, and not totally unprepared for the event.

While the 'play yourself' or 'normal person trying to survive' is fun to ponder, read a book about, or watch in a movie, I don't think it's the way to go in a full game campaign. Especially with how powerful Dead Reign Zombies are.

As such the character classes that will be available will be a subset of those found in BTS, Dead Reign, Nightbane [NO NIGHTBANE, just stuff like the government agent, or paranormal investigators], Ninja's & Superspies [No cybernetics], Heroes Unlimited [Hardware, Physical Training, Special Training types], ect.

It is still going to be a survival horror game, except the survival part will be more likely than a standard Dead Reign game.
---

We will likely be dreaming up our characters in the next week or two; I'm going to try and keep an up to date log of how things work out. Not too dissimilar to our last nightbane campaign viewtopic.php?f=6&t=151402

Wish me luck

Last edited by Incriptus on Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: New Dead Reign game
Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:18 pm

D-Bee

Incriptus wrote:
Just sent the intro to my crew

----
So, I think my inspiration gland is starting to work again and I've got an idea for our next game. It will be Palladium Modern. It will be Dead Reign with a twist, before Z-Day, it was a Beyond the Supernatural setting. As such your characters will be highly skilled, potentially psychic, and not totally unprepared for the event.

While the 'play yourself' or 'normal person trying to survive' is fun to ponder, read a book about, or watch in a movie, I don't think it's the way to go in a full game campaign. Especially with how powerful Dead Reign Zombies are.

As such the character classes that will be available will be a subset of those found in BTS, Dead Reign, Nightbane [NO NIGHTBANE, just stuff like the government agent, or paranormal investigators], Ninja's & Superspies [No cybernetics], Heroes Unlimited [Hardware, Physical Training, Special Training types], ect.

It is still going to be a survival horror game, except the survival part will be more likely than a standard Dead Reign game.
---

We will likely be dreaming up our characters in the next week or two; I'm going to try and keep an up to date log of how things work out. Not too dissimilar to our last nightbane campaign https://palladium-megaverse.com/forums/ ... 6&t=151402

Wish me luck

That sounds awesome. You’ll have to tell us how it goes.

Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:48 am

Hero

Session 0.1 was Friday

It starts with an email from the Walker's headquarters. There is a missing persons case in Louisiana. There are three set of attachments. The first one is the social media presence of one of the 4 missing peoples. A young African American woman, likely of mixed race, is that for her college project she'll be exploring her ancestry. She has so far tracked it back to an old abandoned plantation. Her, her boyfriend, her younger sister [18, just out of highschool] and another friend [the camera man] set off on a road trip.

Her journey is chronicled by a set of youtube videos. These play out similar to your average found footage movies. They have there road trip, it's pretty much a party for them. Selective editing to remove the underage drinking. Making fun of the Camera man who's obviously smitten with the younger sister, but she's just stringing him along.

They reach the abandoned dilapidated plantation. The lands have not been taken care of and the swamp has retaken the area. The roads had been washed out from hurricanes and breaking levees. The irrigation and water control were non-existent. However the main structure remained, looks like it was well elevated and secure.

They begin their exploration of the building. . . and it continues to devolve into bad found footage horror movie stuff. There is poor lighting, the rain from out side is noisy. They found an half dissolved mattress and some beer cans. Teenagers may have made it out here decades ago, but it's long abandoned now. A scream from another room. The Camera man loses focus. Shifty camera work. The kids are all panicking, images in the camera maybe something, may be nothing. Running, running. They're back at the Car; however the main girl is missing. The group are arguing about what they saw but they need to go back. When the Girl is scene walking their way. She's completely drenched from head to toe. Her hair, previously curly, is now completely straight. She looks very ill and comes to the group holding a small leather bound book. This is the final video uploaded.

The second set of attachments are the police report. It turns out the teens had made it back to the hotel and were safe. Attached is the final images from the video camera. They're in the hotel scared out of their wits. The camera man is still filming everyone. The older sister looks complete entranced by the book she's reading. The only detail that is notice appears to be a J inside of a circle. When she finally speaks she insists they go back, she has to find out if what she's reading is true.

The police report continues. It begins with some skepticsism that the group is really missing. With what they posted it does look like it could be a horror movie hoax. However when the sheriff does go down he founds the camera, and the still running jeep by the planation. They do treat the case as a missing persons and a search party is formed. They don't find anyone or any bodies. There is evidence of animals in the area, but given the nature of the ground there is little to go off of.

The third attachment is from the Walkers. It is a map of the area, and includes the reason why they believe this case is relevant to them. The Plantation is on a ley line. While they were never noted to travel that far in the past, there have been some instances of Rougarou [Cajun Werewolves] in the area back in the 80's. The team is assembled based on availability, and are to meet up in a nearby town.

-----
So I pretty much gave the back story for the first run
We did a little bit of character overview for each member of the crew
Finished off a few pieces of character sheet work
And set it up that the characters will start investigating the J Plantation for next session
------

Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:51 am

Hero

-----
Background info for the BTS portion of the game
-----

Walkers of the Twilight Road:

The walkers represent a loose fraternity of those who are in the know about the supernatural threats that walk the Earth. The two main tenants of the group are 1: The supernatural are real and we must defend humanity from them. 2: The world is best protected by disbelief.

Early parapsychologist found that the almost undetectably low amount of psychic energy the average person has can be harnessed to create a wide reaching Nega-Psychic Effect. This effect has banished most of the evil spirits into the dark corners of the world. However there are times when this conditioning falters. When you're left alone in the dark. When you're lost. When your mind is weakened by grief, trauma, or substance abuse. It is at these times (especially in children) that the Dwellers in the Dark can make there prescience felt. These are the times that the Walkers of the Twilight Road are needed.

Most of the Walkers are recruited when the come face to face with the supernatural and are unable to push it from their mind. A surprising number of people will except any half reasonable explanation to avoid the acceptance of the supernatural and will simply repress the event or remember events in a way to make theme seem more mundane. For others it is more of a family business and they've been trained all there life in the way.

Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:20 am

Dungeon Crawler

Incriptus wrote:
-----
Background info for the BTS portion of the game
-----

Walkers of the Twilight Road:

The walkers represent a loose fraternity of those who are in the know about the supernatural threats that walk the Earth. The two main tenants of the group are 1: The supernatural are real and we must defend humanity from them. 2: The world is best protected by disbelief.

Early parapsychologist found that the almost undetectably low amount of psychic energy the average person has can be harnessed to create a wide reaching Nega-Psychic Effect. This effect has banished most of the evil spirits into the dark corners of the world. However there are times when this conditioning falters. When you're left alone in the dark. When you're lost. When your mind is weakened by grief, trauma, or substance abuse. It is at these times (especially in children) that the Dwellers in the Dark can make there prescience felt. These are the times that the Walkers of the Twilight Road are needed.

Most of the Walkers are recruited when the come face to face with the supernatural and are unable to push it from their mind. A surprising number of people will except any half reasonable explanation to avoid the acceptance of the supernatural and will simply repress the event or remember events in a way to make theme seem more mundane. For others it is more of a family business and they've been trained all there life in the way.

1 is only a slightly dangerous way of thinking; not all supernatural stuff is by default evil or harmful. 2 is very harmful and backwards-thinking. For-warned is for-armed.