Rifter 0.1 is ALIVE!!!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Re: Rifter 0.1 is ALIVE!!!

Unread post by Scott Gibbons »

Lord Z wrote:Great news, I received a bundle of signed papers in the mail yesterday. That means we'll have a lot more material to actually use. Additionally, I got four more pieces of art and a novella -- yes, an entire 54 page novella. That brings our page count up to 308!

If you have not received a note from me about receiving your Unsolicited Manuscript Form, that means I probably haven't received it yet.

Ok, not to stir the pot here or anything (or add more work to our good Lord Z), but the page count is now around 2-3 regular Rifters. Would it be better, instead of having one jumbo Rifter 0.1, to split this into two or three issues? Rifter 0.1, 0.2, maybe even 0.3? Not only would that allow more profits to PB, but also people could pick which one sounds most interesting to them. It would also make the load-up time less when we access the file on our computers. What do you all think?
A wise man once said, "Only a fool takes offense where none was intended." I repeat this good advice to myself at least once a day.

Calm, reasoned discourse is the best way to change minds; too bad all the calm & reason in the world can't open a willfully closed mind.
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Involved Observer wrote:Ok, not to stir the pot here or anything (or add more work to our good Lord Z), but the page count is now around 2-3 regular Rifters. Would it be better, instead of having one jumbo Rifter 0.1, to split this into two or three issues? Rifter 0.1, 0.2, maybe even 0.3? Not only would that allow more profits to PB, but also people could pick which one sounds most interesting to them. It would also make the load-up time less when we access the file on our computers. What do you all think?

Greetings and Salutations. I actually had a similar thought a couple of weeks ago. After thinking about it for a few hours I'm pretty sure I came to the conclusion it was a bad idea (well, not bad, but one I would avoid). I'll list a few thoughts on the matter.

1) Money: More money for Palladium/Alex is, of course, a good thing, but this one has a few different angles to look at as well.
A: Splitting it into several Rifters though may put off some fans. I say this as I remember seeing complaints about Palladium putting out several smaller books for more money and they would have rather just had one book (more money individually, but cheaper than all the other books combined). Granted, the fan base is pretty split on a lot of things. This is just one factor to consider.
B: If money is the only factor, the price for this particular electronic Rifter can be raised. The original was ... $3 (just looked it up). So, instead of making 3 new Rifters ($3 each for $9 all of them) maybe just raising the price of the one as a super sized issue ($7.50, cheaper than 3 separate but more than an individual smaller one).
C: Small and cheaper can be better! I know this goes contrary to point A, but I'm not here to be biased. With economic times and people tight for money, people are more likely to buy something the cheaper it is. So people who wouldn't buy one large book might put out for one of the smaller books.
D: If comparison to Point B, smaller books could (potentially) also make less money (see #2C for details).

2) My first thought on this was to split it into various books settings (so like one for Rifts, PF, and BTS, for example, depending on the amount of content), but like above, there are some more factors to look at.
A: Can the content be split evenly? For example, I believe Boxed Nightmares 2 is something like 200+ pages. So maybe only splitting it into two books is an option, but that would effectively make Boxed Nightmares 2 (if I have the size of it right) in its own book. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but not sure if this is really still a Rifter so much as an electronic sourcebook.
B: The Rifter is (typically) a collection of different settings. It's designed as a collection for all Palladium fans. Separating by settings (or genre) would lose some of this feel (similar to A). While the thought to put a little of something into each of multiple electronic Rifters is an idea, how much of that is really an option? With some of the articles just being huge in their own right, it makes it harder to mix and match. Though I say this without seeing what's there, so I can't judge for sure.
C: Smaller, more focused Rifters can be great for fans. This lets them pick what they want. So if someone wants some BtS material, they buy the one Rifter and ignore the other one or two. Alternatively, if initial reviews of only one or two are good but one or two are bad, the ones with bad reviews may not sell well (for note, this is not a slam on anyone's work, heck the bad reviews can be my submissions for the example). Now some will still buy these, sure, but I can see it hurting the sales of some of them. This is one of the reasons I'd be a fan of a bigger Rifter (just at a higher price).

3) What was promised: This is another factor not to be dismissed. While I'll admit some fans probably barely even know anything about this project, I will say some do. If the project (which was advertised as one book) is suddenly split into two (or more) it could come off as a broken promise and/or Palladium trying to milk money from their fans. By no means would I say this is the case, but I'm worried about impressions.

4) Cofusion: Splitting the project into many electronic Rifts may raise some other questions. Currently, the proceeds of the Rifter 0.1 project is to be donated to Alex. If there are three, are all of them going to help Alex? One is helping him and the others go to Palladium? Which ones are which? If something can come off confusing, I'll usually suggest it's a bad idea.

For note, I'm not saying it's a bad idea. And if that is what is decided, the idea has my support. I'm not speaking against the idea personally, but I did want to go into some of the thoughts that came to mind when I had considered this before (and why I chose not to suggest it myself previously). The thought does have merits, but also potential pitfalls to consider. Maybe some of those thoughts are off base, and if so feel free to ignore them. I'll stand by whatever decision is made. Thank you for your time and patience, please have a nice day. Farewell and safe journeys for now.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
Lord Z
Hero
Comment: Court of Tarot author

Unread post by Lord Z »

Thanks guys, you've both clearly put a lot more thought into the question than me.

There is one more aspect to consider. We only have permission to make the one book, and it took over half a year to get clearance for that much.

Well, in two days time, we'll be able to take a step back and see what we have more clearly.
Currently recruiting for Beyond the Supernatural games in 2019 which I am running on Discord: voice, text, and play-by-post. Here is the non-expiring server invite link: 418BQSLG

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”
-- Charles Fort, The Book of the Damned, 1913
zor_prime1
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by zor_prime1 »

Hello,
I have a short article that I'm working on, but free time has been limited. What is the deadline for getting you an article and the UMF?

Thanks
"I've been senile for as long as I can remember!" - I forget
Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

Yesterday! Heh, heh... It's okay though. Just let me know what you are sending. If you get it to me before I edit that part of the book, we can probably squeeze it in.
Currently recruiting for Beyond the Supernatural games in 2019 which I am running on Discord: voice, text, and play-by-post. Here is the non-expiring server invite link: 418BQSLG

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”
Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

Here is a list of the articles actually received so far...
'Anthropology 101: The Palladium World' for Palladium Fantasy
'Basecamp 13' for Mechanoids
'Boxed Nightmares 2' for Beyond the Supernatural
'Psi-Dentist P.C.C.' for Rifts (1st edition, interestingly)
'Megaversal Being' for any Palladium game
'Seeds of Our Past' for After the Bomb
'Private Security Firms' for Ninjas & Superspies
'Weendigo Curse: New Zombie Types and Some Lore' for Dead Reign
'New Generation Skin Jobs' for Splicers

Stories received so far...
'Shadow Falls on the Night Sky' for Palladium Fantasy
'Acceptance' a novella for Rifts
Untitled, a short piece for Beyond the Supernatural/Nightbane

Original Artwork received so far...
1 b&w piece for Mechanoids
3 b&w pieces for Beyond the Supernatural
1 color piece for After the Bomb
1 color zombie sketch for Dead Reign
1 b&w piece for Ninjas & Superspies
3 b&w pieces, not yet placed
1 3D town map as a Google Sketchup file

This product has become about twice as large as we were originally expecting. There is flat out no way I am going to be able to edit and layout this material in one month -- by the way, I am working full time and moving this month. As such, I am putting out the call for help. Anyone want to try editing an article or story?

Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

Reset your final edit finish date for May 1st. No reason not to give yourself an extra month considering you are moving. Just put those UMFs in a safe place and backup your files somewhere on the web...just in case!

Plus...more submissions the merrier!

I wonder what it requires on DriveThru RPG for a PDF to get set up for Print On Demand. That might be something to suggest to Wayne/Kevin when the project is all done. I'd love to get a massive softcover of the Help Alex Project!

As I mentioned in my email (the one begging for an extension because my iDog ate my efile), I am happy to throw in a weekend this month to help with editing.
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Just sent you the file for "Yokai of Japan for Beyond the Supernatural 2nd." Hope you like it, had a lot of fun writing it and it broke my writers block. :)

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

Thanks guys, I have revised the schedule. I am giving us March & April to resolve what we have and make it look good. I sent an update to Wayne stating such.

More submissions are good, but at some point we have to stop taking stuff or the project will never get turned in. I am still accepting articles so long as they get cleared with me first.

About editing, I am working through Anthropology 101 right now. Well, I didn't get any editing done today because I've been sick and in need of bed rest, but this week, I am proof reading our largest single-contributor piece. Acceptance is a darn close second for largest single-contributor piece. Boxed Nightmares 2 got revised several times last year, Mr. Loucifer gave it a skim when I was done, and I am satisfied with it. Everything needs to be layed out (or in the case of BN2, layed out again), and I am installing LibreOffice to do that.

Spinachcat, I am taking you up on your offer. Please pick a piece from the above list that you would like to take on. Krypter has volunteered to edit Seeds of Our Past for us, but the rest is pretty much untouched.

Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

Attention my minions -- I mean CONTRIBUTORS!

First:  What names do each of you want me to use on the Contributors' Page. I could list you by the name on your paperwork signature, a pen name, your forum name, or a combination. I intend to use my pen name, Scott Zaboem.

Second:  We need to get serious about finding a photo of Alex. I was going to call the office and ask Kathy, but according the Weekly Newsletter yesterday, she is going to be out sick for a while.

Third:  The expected completion date has been moved back to the last day of April. I just wanted everyone to know.

Shawn Merrow

I want my real name.

As for a picture of Alex you might want to try sending Maryann a PM.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

Thanks for the tip, Shawn. I will try that. No, even better, I will let you try it. I am starting to think like a Editing Director now!

On a personal note, I somehow fried the power converter for my computer. I do not expect that I will get any layout work nor much editing done until a replacement arrives, maybe Wednesday. Fortunately, three volunteers have stepped forward to help with the editing.

About that Contributors' Page, that would also be a good place to include contact information is desired -- like links to personal websites or Deviant Art pages, forum names, entries in the writersn databases, or e-mail addresses.

pblackcrow
Champion

Unread post by pblackcrow »

Hey,

Please let me know if there will be a 0.2 and how soon you want it. And I will submit a short version of my character booklet for publication, if the deadline is before June. ANYTHING TO HELP ALEX OUT!
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Shawn Merrow

Lord Z wrote:Thanks for the tip, Shawn. I will try that. No, even better, I will let you try it. I am starting to think like a Editing Director now!

Done, will let you know what she says by PM.

Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

My computer is working again, and we have completed editing on two articles! Whooo!

Oh yeah, it looks like we will also have a short Nightbane article after all.

Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Lord Z wrote:Spinachcat, I am taking you up on your offer. Please pick a piece from the above list that you would like to take on.

Send me the one that gives you the biggest headache.

Also, let us Editing Minions know how hardcore you want us to get. Are we just dealing with typos? Phrasing? Giving notes for a rewrite?
Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

Thanks Green Leafy Feline! It isn't troublesome, but by far the most intimidating is the Rifts novella, Acceptance. The size makes me nervous. That is why I haven't tackled it myself yet. I read the first couple of pages, and it looked really clean already, but we would still want it proofread thoroughly before the layout stage of production. If you feel like taking it on, I will gladly let you have it. I can send you instructions on how to download it and suggests of what you might want to check.

Each article will call for a different level of editing. Most of them look pretty darn good already but we want to check for the occassional typo and look for the standard Palladium ways of punctuation, copyright insignias where needed, and that sort of thing. The roughest single article right now is probably my own Megaversal Being because I haven't looked at it since I submitted it to Matthew a couple of years back. I will need to check my notes, but I think I already asked someone to take a look at the Megaversal Being. A third opinion would be appreicated though.

How are your own articles coming?

Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

Btw, I started a discussion about the layouts for Rifter 0.1 the Tank Nine thread.
http://forums.nexusnine.net/ikonboard.c ... ;&#entry77

zor_prime1
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by zor_prime1 »

My article is fairly small and should be easy to edit.
"I've been senile for as long as I can remember!" - I forget
Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

Minor update -- the editing process is going well. We are beginning to get articles back from the volunteer editors. I am forwarding these edits back to the original authors as I receive them. This includes your article, Zor, which has been sent our for editing.

We have a layout strategy. Well, it's a tentitive rough idea anyway. We have volunteer layout artist who has materialized out of the ether and offered to help the final stage.

I received another UMF in the mail yesterday, late but very welcome nonethless. All and all, the outlook is good.

Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

Here is a list of the articles actually received so far...
'Anthropology 101: The Palladium World' for Palladium Fantasy
'Basecamp 13' for Mechanoids
'Boxed Nightmares 2' for Beyond the Supernatural
'Psi-Dentist P.C.C.' for Rifts (1st edition, interestingly)
'Megaversal Being' for any Palladium game
'Seeds of Our Past' for After the Bomb
'Private Security Firms' for Ninjas & Superspies
'Weendigo Curse: New Zombie Types and Some Lore' for Dead Reign
'New Generation Skin Jobs' for Splicers
'Dimensional Trap Door Spider' a monster for multiple settings
'Skyknight Inustries' for Rifts
'Deep Frontiers' for Rifts
'New Navy R&D' for Rifts

Stories received so far...
'Shadow Falls on the Night Sky' for Palladium Fantasy
'Acceptance' a novella for Rifts

Original Artwork received so far...
1 b&w piece for Mechanoids
3 b&w pieces for Beyond the Supernatural
1 color piece for After the Bomb
1 color zombie piece for Dead Reign
1 b&w piece for Dead Reign
1 b&w piece for Ninjas & Superspies
4 b&w pieces, not yet placed
1 3D town map as a Google Sketchup file

Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Just started editing the Rifts Novella.

Wow. I judge a book by its first half page with one question: do I want to read more? Its how I pick up stuff at the library or book store. You gotta get me in that first 200 words or I am off to the next book.

So my initial thought on Rifts: Acceptance? I am VERY excited to see where this story goes.
Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

I will probably send Wayne an update tonight. Anything in particular I should mention?

Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

I sent that update to Wayne a couple of days ago.

New business -- would anyone be interested in authoring our introduction?

Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

So any new updates on the project for us poor rubes? :D
A wise man once said, "Only a fool takes offense where none was intended." I repeat this good advice to myself at least once a day.

Calm, reasoned discourse is the best way to change minds; too bad all the calm & reason in the world can't open a willfully closed mind.
Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

Yes, the first large chunk of material has been sent to our lay out artist, Alexandra. That's the Boxed Nightmares 2 mini-sourcebook.

We have received a few more illustrations, including another Krate picture for PF just this morning. He is also working on the Nightbane piece.

I have fallen way behind on my personal editing. Fortunately, some excellent vollunteers have stepped forward to pick up the slack. Over 90% has been proofread or else is being proofread by a volunteer.

I am anxious to get back the final version of the Mechanoids article, but honestly I have plenty else on which to work. I still intend to make another 3D map, this time of Basecamp 13, after I get this revision.

Krate and I have a strategy for cover art, but it is something neither of us have tried before now. We'll see how it turns out.

We now have contributors from 5 countries. I have signed UMFs from everyone except this one guy in my home gaming group. We keep missing each other. I hope to resolve that tomorrow.

Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Thanks for the update!

Shawn Merrow

Just wondering how it's going? Any editors throw themselves out of tall buildings in frustration yet?

Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

"Reminds me of that fellow back home that fell off a ten story building."
"What about him?"
"Well, as he was falling people on each floor kept hearing him say, 'So far, so good.' Tch... So far, so good!"

Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

I just got the novella back from Spinachcat who was editing it for us. That's a big relief. I am currently proofreading Glitterboy's articles and making a 3D model an underwater colony as he described them.

The bad news is that our layout artist, Alexandra, suffered a hard drive failure. She has recovered, but she is catching up -- starting with her professional work of course.

jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

Citizen Lazlo wrote:
Lord Z wrote:I just got the novella back from Spinachcat who was editing it for us. That's a big relief. I am currently proofreading Glitterboy's articles and making a 3D model an underwater colony as he described them.

The bad news is that our layout artist, Alexandra, suffered a hard drive failure. She has recovered, but she is catching up -- starting with her professional work of course.

GAH!!

my whole computer died last week, thank the gods for back ups.

terabyte external hard drives are a godsent
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

I just sent in the re-done/re-edited/re-spiffy Mechanoids article!
Next up, I will work up a basic map sketch for you of Basecamp 13.

If you need anything else edited, let me know!
Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

That reminds me... Have any authors not seen edited versions of their articles?

Hang strong, Citizen Lazlo -- you will type again.

Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Lord Z wrote:That reminds me... Have any authors not seen edited versions of their articles?

Was there another edit done of the Megaversal Ambassador article?
Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

Spinachcat, no it has not been edited. It has been on the proverbial back burner because it arrived late. I hope to get started on that in the next couple of days.

Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

Here is another quick update for my entourage.

Alexandra sent me a message a couple of days ago indicating that she was about caught up. Having suffered a hard drive failure late last month, her schedule was thrown off. She told me that Boxed Nightmares 2 should be about 100 pages after layout. The version I sent to her (not including the tabloid) was 110 pages, so we are reducing the size of our texts by almost ten percent with better layouts.

Scott is putting the finishing touches on the revision of his novella. I thought it was moving, funny, and exciting. We have finished proofreading all articles except two of Glitterboy's three pieces (I am almost finished with New Navy R&D) and the Megaversal Ambassador Interviews. I am writing the indtroduction, but I do not like what we have already, so I might junk that intro and start it over. We might be making another map yet, this one for Spinachcat's Mechanoids micro-sourcebook. I am trying to talk my wife into recording an audio file reading of the shorter fiction piece, Shadow Falls on Night Sky. We may or may not get a few more art pieces. Mostly, we have a ton of layout work during the later half of this month.

Also, we have decided to cut the Megaversal Being article that I wrote. Prysus edtied it for me this weekend, but I think we agree that it just needs more work. There is no time left for that, so to the chopping block it goes.

Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

Quick update!

I took a side-trip for a couple of days to make some fake book covers for the main ebook and for Acceptance (the Rifts novella). I did write most of an introduction, but I am not crazy about it, and I may end up rewriting that from scratch.

Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

Minor update -- I have finished editing the Megaversal Ambassadors interview. I have received a final revision of the novella. We finished mapping some underwater structures for the Rifts articles. We have prototype book covers for the main book and the novella. I have written an introduction, but I don't like it.

Almost nothing has been layed out. I really intend to spend a day or two mid-week doing that.

Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

As mentioned already in the 2011 Status thread, we will not make our May 1st deadline. We are, however, slowly pushing forward and should end up with a product we all like within another week -- maybe. I told Wayne to expect something by May 15th.

There is a little good news. I got a message today from Nick at Blambot.com. He is a font artist who has given us permission to use his cool and beautiful fonts under the condition that all profits go to Alex and his family. I've been using Blambot fonts for personal use for years and years.

Here is what has been completed and laid out -- cover, introduction, Seeds from our Past (AtB), Yokai of Japan (BtS), Weendigo Curse (Dead Reign), and Ebon Forge (Nightbane); and the Illustration Gallery Book. That's about 100 pages totaled.

Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

Minor update -- I am pushing forward with the main book. I have added 20 Questions with the Mageversal Ambassadors, Dimensional Trap Door Spiders (for PF), Security Contractors (for N&SS), and Shadow Fall on Night Sky (for PF). That just leaves the Rifts materials to add. Then, I will layout the separate book (three micro-sourcebooks, novella, and tabloid). The tabloid will be a pain to layout, but the rest should go quickly.

Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

I have finished the layouts for the main book -- both color and printer friendly versions. I have also finished the novella, both versions. That leaves the tabloid and the three micro-sourcebooks to layout, the map of Basecamp 13 to illustrate, and the audio file to edit. We are more or less on track to finish by the 15th.

If anyone would like to take a crack at lay outs, the help would be welcome.

Shawn Merrow

Cool :ok:

Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Lord Z wrote:If anyone would like to take a crack at lay outs, the help would be welcome.

Greetings and Salutations. I would if I thought I could, but this is actually the part of the project that stopped me from volunteering to take over the Rifter 0.1 project myself. Recruiting for art/articles, editing, those things I understand. Layouts and making PDF files, now you've lost me. So I commend you for all your hard work and effort.

I admit had myself (or many others I suspect) tried to do this project this thing would probably still be in the early stages (I know I would at least), or someone may have rushed it but then work would show it. Lord Z, I give you a great deal of credit for getting the project this far this fast, and keeping up the quality level. I tip my hat to you good sir. Have a good day. Farewell and safe journeys for now.

Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Prysus wrote:
Lord Z wrote:If anyone would like to take a crack at lay outs, the help would be welcome.

Greetings and Salutations. I would if I thought I could, but this is actually the part of the project that stopped me from volunteering to take over the Rifter 0.1 project myself. Recruiting for art/articles, editing, those things I understand. Layouts and making PDF files, now you've lost me. So I commend you for all your hard work and effort.

I admit had myself (or many others I suspect) tried to do this project this thing would probably still be in the early stages (I know I would at least), or someone may have rushed it but then work would show it. Lord Z, I give you a great deal of credit for getting the project this far this fast, and keeping up the quality level. I tip my hat to you good sir. Have a good day. Farewell and safe journeys for now.

Seconded in all respects!

Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

Thank you for the support, guys. I am currently laying out the tabloid, just a couple of pages per day. This is the most complicated lay out task, so I might end up not doing it twice to make a printer friendly version. Instead, I might just take the color version (when I finish that), and switch all the colors to grayscale. The font will still be large, but it is a short cut with which I can live.

Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

Can you see it? That is the metaphoric light at the end of the proverbial tunnel. I stayed up late last night and finished the layout of the fake tabloid, the full color version at least. That just leaves three more layputs to do -- the micro-sourcebooks. If I find time, I might still draw some maps for Mechanoids. The audio track just is not getting done. My wife has had migranes recently whenever we could have had a chance to record her reading Prysus' story. I did, however, make time to extensively revise the Megaversal Being article and work that back into the main book. If I do finish by the 15th, it will be late at night. I will mail a package with the finished materials on a flash drive and all the signed UMFs to Wayne the next morning.

Shawn Merrow

Cool :ok:

Return to “The Rifter® Zero.x.x Project”