New Setting

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Do you use Century City, or your own unique setting for your campaign

Century City Only
19%
A little of this a little of that based off modern comics
27%
A totally unique world of my own
54%

Total votes: 26

Prince Cherico
Hero
Comment: Remember also that the smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights, cannot claim to be defenders of minorities
Ayn Rand

Unread post by Prince Cherico »

Ive done that kind of setting before

step one get nightbane between the shadows,

this book will allow you to trow off your players at every turn

astral lords make the best villans dream makers are the freddy
kogers of the palladium books world.

PU one and two are good as well Ugenic charaters will challege
the hell out of your PCs and you can easly say that theres a program
by a corp to pump them out like crazy. Call it this program what ever
you wish in my current game this program is called Project Akira.
Svartalf- if Cherico were a character created in a point game system, he'd have all his scores in geeky skills and his youtube and weird net stuff schticks all paid through a a Terminal Bad Luck (with more nasty GM intervention) disadvantage, and probably an Uncouth (can not have social skills) disad as well...
In an RPG with deadly situations that character would have had to be replaced a dozen times over[
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

I prefer to play Hero's Unliminted in Our Own World as a setting.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Actually a setting that I have been kind of developing for awhile now is this... What if the Daedulus (sp?) Project wasn't shut down? What if Earth/ USA took the matter of the Doc, Alpha Prime and such to court? Galactic court of course. What if somehow, someway the Earth/ USA found some sort of loophole that allowed us mere humans to keep the Daedulus Reactor and all of its benefits.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Cyclone
Explorer

Unread post by Cyclone »

I basically run a numbers filed off mutants don't exist version of the Marvel Universe with bits and pieces from CS and GI. My group/myself like the general worldview/mindset of it, and it works well for us.

That doesn't include using any pre-existing characters though...
KillWatch
Champion

Unread post by KillWatch »

I have to play my own setting I don't like all these super running around

the awe of playing a super powered individual wrended when they are common.

So while not everyone on the HU planet is a super, they are apparently as common if not more so than PT cruisers
I prefer delorians, lamborghinis or austin martins

but I will use CS or in my game Century City but the heroes will be toned down in "glam" and not be so visible
Aliens are unknown just as they are today

I mean the appeal for me was to play something special
a guy who can wield firballs awesom
but the game is saturated with supers and even megas

in my game there is 1 muant for ever million humans=7000
and 1 mega for every billion=7
with CS and GI if I was going to go about it that way I couldn't write up any more since they are all in this tiny geographical area.

theres no awe or wonder in it

it's like a guy on the corner having a barbcue for the neighborhood

kids running around shooting each other with water guns and the MC at the grill and his slightly overweight and balding neighbor wearing a hawwiian shirt mustache, khaki shorts black socks and flip flops comes over to make cnversation.
bald guy: hey great turn out foods really good

MC: yeah glad everyone could make it
BG: so what you usin, Charcoal or gas?
MC: oh no to dangerous and expnsive
BG: oh? well what then?
MC: oh you know APS Fire
BG: oh you know I shoulda figured, what with your hand on fire and all
MC: yeah so how do you like the dodgers this year? oh wait hold on, Becky? we need some more ice, could ee: cold the ice trays?
The entire experiment may ultimately not work. But as Tiger Woods tears into the springbok, his mouth crimson with blood, he looks to have all the makings of a natural-born killer.
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

I have an ecclectic style, and with my supers running a much weaker scale than what seems to be the norm, I can afford to mae them more populous without too much problem.

All in all, i like to use the local law enforcement as a guide. If a particular demographic has about 150 Police officers in it, I like to keep 10-15 Supers in the mix for that area. By supers I mean run of the mill type characters, including a lot of the non super supers. in reality probabl;y less than half that will don the spandex in their lifetime, and a good portion will become criminal.

I figure that I won't see a cop most days of the week, and thats probably a benchmark for how often I should see a superhero.

Now the larger than lifers (high powered, ultra powered or those mega twinks) I leave to be really rare. The only two I regularly use in my campaigns are somwhat morally challenged semi despotic rulers of their own countries.

The minors, including minor mutants (thank simbieda for the minor hero) I have in much greater numbers, occasionally concentrating them (gathering of like minded..or bodied) in fact I have a whole mutant underground going for the last 4 and a half years under the streets of manhatten (yeah it's cliche. dontya jus' luvit!)

Batts
"Sorry Drewkitty, the laws of physics were defeated by Iczer way back in like, the first ten pages of this thread." A.J. Pickett
“Iczer, you are a power generating machine.” - Mr Twist
KillWatch
Champion

in my game it works a little differently

1 mutant per 1 million=7000 world wide

take out those who fall into the following areas;
-aborted
-killed by parents
-killed by neigbors
-killed by others
-suicide
-death by powers
-killed by mutations/sideeffects/etc
-killed by government
-killed by religion/cult/order
-simply go insane due to their powers

and 7000 will probably be more like 3500 (being generous)
3500:
some powers may never activate=1750
some will try to live a normal life or ignore their powers=875
hero/willain will die using their powers=437
437 super world wide
and 3/4 will be villains which leave 109 (again being generous) vs the other 328
The entire experiment may ultimately not work. But as Tiger Woods tears into the springbok, his mouth crimson with blood, he looks to have all the makings of a natural-born killer.
KillWatch
Champion

no century station is not a name for a city

a base camp
agency HQ
sea outpost

not a city

and there is a city in Cali called century city

now before any tightwads get uppity I know that isn't the real setting for the supplement but that's what I thought of while reading hte booka nd seeing the cover
KillWatch
Champion

ummm ok

no that was simply directed at those who would get their ire up it wasn't to you personally
:-D

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”