Empowered ?

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

ZEN
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by ZEN »

The jury is still deliberating on that point..
:-?
Little Sculptures
Hand crafted fantasy miniatures.
Yukon
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Yukon »

maybe whether or not they are still open to be made a mega hero. pretty powerfull allready, but if they arent a megahero, then they can get even more powerful by becoming one.

i'd say that since it says nothing about being a megahero or having the bonuses of one (like many of the immortals do), then they arent a megahero.

i just assumed they turn into a 'demigod' looking type, but not with the full raw power that an immortal demigod/godling would have.

i also think that as with any other power category, its up to the GM to decide if the empowered demigod hero can also be made a mega with a mega power (and achilles heal) and other bonuses.
Tyciol wrote:In fact, many of these powers seem pretty useless except for neat ways of thinking of killing civilians.
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Re: Empowered ?

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

Bloodangel wrote:For those characters who are Empowered and must transform to a demi-god form, are they considered to be Megas ?

Only if they are also Mega Heroes. Otherwise they're just normal superbeings.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
ZEN
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by ZEN »

OK so yes, you can add the Mega template (and that is what it is, an OPTIONAL super size version of any of the existing categories.. though there is questionable point in applying it to some categories.. why would a super spy have supernatural strength? Really...) to Empowered, and to Eugenics.

As a rule, I either run games where all the players are Mega heroes, or none are.. if none are, only the very rare super villain is a mega, if all the players are, then most of the villains are as well.
Oh and certainly include deities in all your games when possible, its a great excuse to shout out
"THOU HAST INVOKED MY WRATH FOOLISH MORTAL!"
8-)
Little Sculptures
Prince Cherico
Hero
Comment: Remember also that the smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights, cannot claim to be defenders of minorities
Ayn Rand

Unread post by Prince Cherico »

Zen you just reminded me of the time we found out the main
boss in our campain was a alean inteligence, we barely survived that
one.
Svartalf- if Cherico were a character created in a point game system, he'd have all his scores in geeky skills and his youtube and weird net stuff schticks all paid through a a Terminal Bad Luck (with more nasty GM intervention) disadvantage, and probably an Uncouth (can not have social skills) disad as well...
In an RPG with deadly situations that character would have had to be replaced a dozen times over[
ZEN
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by ZEN »

I recently ran a space opera super heroes campaign featuring every player having a mega hero alien as a character, I said "There is no supernatural stuff in existance in this galaxy.. no evidence of ghosts or ghouls, etc"... of course, the next thing you know they were having a scrap with a gremlin.. just one little gremlin.. in a busy space port, and they had no character knowledge of the thing's powers or nature.. one player even tried to mind meld with the thing!
He lived, but he was badly shaken.
Another blasted it about 20 times with EE: Electricity.. lol!
It was even funnier because the player really didn't know anything about gremlins, so every time it leapt around (because the blasts were very ticklish and it was having fits of laughter and leaping around in front of things it wanted the hero to shoot at) the player was blasting away inside a very important civic flight control center... every shot was working to the evil gremlin's advantage in it's nasty scheme of turning the space ports contra-grav flight control network to utter chaos!
Anyway, next they were trapped on a huge space ship that was chock full of haunting, tectonic and possessing entities.
That was fun, particularly when one player set the thing on fire and threw grenades around the place.. grenades inside space ships are never a good idea.
8-)
If that game was played using D20 modern or one of the D20 titles.. I don't think it would have been as much fun, personally.
Little Sculptures

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”