Can I use Parallel realities?

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

gaby
Knight

Can I use Parallel realities?

Unread post by gaby »

I have Idea for a Game where 2 super-heroes get places with ther counterparts from a parallel reality.

In that reality averyone is the OPPOSITE Gender of People in my Heroes,s Reality.

I hope DC will do a Story like this for the JLU.

What do you think ?
KromeLizard
D-Bee

Re: Can I use Parallel realities?

Unread post by KromeLizard »

gaby wrote:I have Idea for a Game where 2 super-heroes get places with ther counterparts from a parallel reality.

In that reality averyone is the OPPOSITE Gender of People in my Heroes,s Reality.

I hope DC will do a Story like this for the JLU.

What do you think ?
That you need a better gimmick for it. The gender switch by itself isn't all that interesting.
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

Sure go for it...

If you're going to make this a full campaign based on alternate realities...pick-up GURPS Time Travel as an idea source. Now, before I'm burned for suggesting the first sin of this board - conversions...I'm saying use it as a source of inspiration! :D
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
ZEN
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by ZEN »

Sure, why not go the whole hog and have a female dominated society.. a complete reverse, men regarded as the weaker sex (due to their brutish behavior, men are less likely to get ahead in business, are expected to work less intellectual and more grunt physical jobs which pay chicken feed, so it's better to just stay at home and raise the kids).. end result is that the societies of the west is very different and yet strangely the same, with female president, female police officers, female military, and female super heroes being the majority.
8-)
Little Sculptures
Hand crafted fantasy miniatures.
Uncle Servo
Champion

Unread post by Uncle Servo »

There was also this great episode of Red Dwarf where the crew got stuck in a parallel universe just like that. Everybody met female versions of themselves (except for Cat, who met up with Dog). The two Listers would up sleeping together, but it was the male Lister that got pregnant and gave birth to twins. Hilarious episode, but haven't seen it in a long while. :lol:

There was also that multi-issue "Cross-Time Caper" in the early days of Excalibur where the group was getting bounced around throughout all the different planes of reality and continually bumping into their own counterparts... the Nazi version was I think my favorite.

Gaby, I'd say go for it and have some fun with your players. Who knows, maybe one of them will seduce his/her counterpart and have his/her own baby -- now that would be a terrific way to screw with their minds!
My Artwork Samples Set on Deviant Art
Hi! I'm Danger, but today I'll be Uncle Servo's Sock Puppet. -- Danger
US <Uncle> saves the day again. -- RockJock
And Servo has engineered another good idea. -- Sentinel
Stormseed
Explorer

Unread post by Stormseed »

Uncle Servo wrote:There was also this great episode of Red Dwarf where the crew got stuck in a parallel universe just like that. Everybody met female versions of themselves (except for Cat, who met up with Dog). The two Listers would up sleeping together, but it was the male Lister that got pregnant and gave birth to twins. Hilarious episode, but haven't seen it in a long while. :lol:

I was just about to post that. Incidentally, the first four seasons are available on DVD through amazon.com.
guardsys_prime

Unread post by guardsys_prime »

Uncle Servo wrote: There was also that multi-issue "Cross-Time Caper" in the early days of Excalibur where the group was getting bounced around throughout all the different planes of reality and continually

That was such a great story, I wish they'd collect that into a GN.

Gaby, You should absolutly explore the "Alt-Uni" storyline in a game or campaign.

Oh... and heres a hint for making things interesting should the Hero/Heroes have to interact with counterparts. Have another play, picked at random play the counterpart... beleive me, you'll end up with hilarious results!
Uncle Servo
Champion

guardsys_prime wrote:
Uncle Servo wrote: There was also that multi-issue "Cross-Time Caper" in the early days of Excalibur where the group was getting bounced around throughout all the different planes of reality and continually

That was such a great story, I wish they'd collect that into a GN.

For real. I especially liked it when they landed on that world created by the Impossible Man that was essentially one giant parody of the Marvel universe... right before Galactus showed up and declared that world had gotten too SILLY to be allowed to exist.

There was also that storyline that kicked that whole caper off with the Nazi version of Excalibur and the whole Captain Britain/Hauptmann Englande brouhaha.

guardsys_prime wrote:Gaby, You should absolutly explore the "Alt-Uni" storyline in a game or campaign.

Oh... and heres a hint for making things interesting should the Hero/Heroes have to interact with counterparts. Have another play, picked at random play the counterpart... beleive me, you'll end up with hilarious results!

Now that sounds like a quick recipe for fun. I can almost see the hijinks ensuing already
MADMANMIKE
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

..No.

Muwhahahahaha!!!

-Mike >8]
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
ZEN
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by ZEN »

Even weirder things can happen.. try an alternate reality where evolution took a slightly different turn and it was not the fate of dinosaurs to become extinct, thus the raptors evolved into human-like creatures who are so similar to humans that the developed the same sort of society and even have mutants and spandex clad super heroes..

Dino-Earth!

Of course, the raptors killed off most of the other dinosaur species, much like humans have exterminated most of the prehistoric mammals and so on.. but it might be fun to have the Humans wandering around in a world where mammals never got much further than things that go "Squee!" when they die.
Little Sculptures
Hand crafted fantasy miniatures.
Uncle Servo
Champion

ZEN wrote:Even weirder things can happen.. try an alternate reality where evolution took a slightly different turn and it was not the fate of dinosaurs to become extinct, thus the raptors evolved into human-like creatures who are so similar to humans that the developed the same sort of society and even have mutants and spandex clad super heroes..

Dino-Earth!

Of course, the raptors killed off most of the other dinosaur species, much like humans have exterminated most of the prehistoric mammals and so on.. but it might be fun to have the Humans wandering around in a world where mammals never got much further than things that go "Squee!" when they die.

That happened in Excalibur too... it was strange to see the Fantastic Four and Excalibur as dinosaurs -- Mr. Fantastisaur, Spidersaur, Nightstrutter, etc.

Come to think of it, gaby, the more I think about alternate realities the more I'd recommend your getting hold of as many issues of that series. :eek:

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”