Vehicular robots and AI's

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Snowtiger
Adventurer

Vehicular robots and AI's

Unread post by Snowtiger »

I was thinking of making a Knight Rider(yes, the 80's TV-show with David Hasselhoff as Michael Knight and a Pontiac Trans-Am, housing a well-mannered AI called KITT) style vehicular robot with both independent AI and a human pilot, so that when the pilot is in trouble(outside the "vehicle", and in a life threatening situation, the vehicle would come to his aid).

There's nothing in the rules to say I cannot do this, but I started to think about the setup of the robot, would this be an actual robot(type 2) with vehicular form, who is the friend and companion of the pilot or would this be a robot vehicle(type 1) with the addition of an AI, as the rules don't say anything to prohibit adding an AI into a robot vehicle(apart from the statement that a type 1 robot would require a human pilot, which doesn't exactly mean that I couldn't add an AI).
"Gonna be sore in the mornin'."
- Hellboy, right after the boss fight scene, after getting up again.

"Never tempt the predator into a bloodlust."
- Snowtiger
Cardiac
Adventurer

Re: Vehicular robots and AI's

Unread post by Cardiac »

Snowtiger wrote:I was thinking of making a Knight Rider(yes, the 80's TV-show with David Hasselhoff as Michael Knight and a Pontiac Trans-Am, housing a well-mannered AI called KITT) style vehicular robot with both independent AI and a human pilot, so that when the pilot is in trouble(outside the "vehicle", and in a life threatening situation, the vehicle would come to his aid).

There's nothing in the rules to say I cannot do this, but I started to think about the setup of the robot, would this be an actual robot(type 2) with vehicular form, who is the friend and companion of the pilot or would this be a robot vehicle(type 1) with the addition of an AI, as the rules don't say anything to prohibit adding an AI into a robot vehicle(apart from the statement that a type 1 robot would require a human pilot, which doesn't exactly mean that I couldn't add an AI).

If "you"/your character is the human/pilot and the vehicle is the sidekick/npc - then go with the Robot Vehicle Option.

If "you"/your character is the vehicle/AI and another player or an NPC is the pilot, then go with Type 1 robot.
"In every country and in every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection to his own" - Thomas Jefferson

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same god who has endowed us with senses, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo
Snowtiger
Adventurer

Unread post by Snowtiger »

I was thinking of creating both the driver and the vehicle as separate PC's and running them either in an one-on-one(a GM and a single player, where the player would effectively run two characters) type game, or a small game with two players(one running the vehicle, and the other the driver). I don't have a lot of gaming friends so a larger game would be a problem.
"Gonna be sore in the mornin'."
- Hellboy, right after the boss fight scene, after getting up again.

"Never tempt the predator into a bloodlust."
- Snowtiger
Larsen
Adventurer

Unread post by Larsen »

:lol: I had forgotten all about the kinght rider thing. go for it buddy the only problem might be finding someone to play either the pilot or the car depending on your PCs.
acreRake
Hero
Comment: Greatest Rune Gardenweasel

Unread post by acreRake »

Sounds like a robot vehicle to me, if the AI is just a back up to the human pilot. I agree with you, there is nothing in the rules to prohibit this kind of set up.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”