Question: Retractable bladed weapons in meat arms/hands

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Snowtiger
Adventurer

Question: Retractable bladed weapons in meat arms/hands

Unread post by Snowtiger »

Yeah, I started to think about this, because I started my roleplaying with Cyberpunk 2020 RPG, and in it retractable bladed weapons such as the ones depicted in the Bionics section of HU2R (Retractable blades(known as "Rippers" in CP2020), Large retractable blades(or "Wolvers" as they're called in CP2020), and to a lesser degree the razor sharp fingernails(aka "Scratchers" in CP2020)) can be implanted in meat arms/hands as well as their bionic/cybernetic counterparts.

My question is, is this possible in HU too? Because I'd hate to chop out a perfectly good set of meat arms, just to have a set of Wolvers implanted in both arms.
KillWatch
Champion

Unread post by KillWatch »

don't think too much about it

just assume the ripper doc implanted sheathes as well

if you want to think too much about it well then yes they are going to have to remove a bit of tissue and their PS will be slightly diminished when performing actions that would rely on those removed muscels as well, OR they could simply move the tissue to make room for it but then your arm will look a little warped like a muscle graft

so unless you are an anatomist and don't like your players I would go for the whole suspended beleif dealy

keep chipin in choomba
The entire experiment may ultimately not work. But as Tiger Woods tears into the springbok, his mouth crimson with blood, he looks to have all the makings of a natural-born killer.
guardsys_prime

Unread post by guardsys_prime »

Nothing in the rules says you have to replace the arm to implant things in them... assume that the proper modifications (sheaths and such) are all part of the cost.

Of course, being one the the SINless where you getting the DPs, choombatta?
KillWatch
Champion

Unread post by KillWatch »

and watch the HL , you don't want to sys.crash into cyberpsychosis

but anyone can be bought with enough euro
The entire experiment may ultimately not work. But as Tiger Woods tears into the springbok, his mouth crimson with blood, he looks to have all the makings of a natural-born killer.
Snowtiger
Adventurer

*Swoosh*

Hero: "Seize your criminal activity, this man is not worth robbing."
Ripper: "Yeah? And what the h*ll are you then?"
Hero: "I am Hero, the mighty upholder of the law and order."
Ripper: "Yeah, whatever, why don't you take a hike."
Hero: "Unhand that man or face the consequences!"

*BLAM! BLAMBLAMBLAM!*

Hero sweeps his uniform.

Hero: "Did you think that a mere firearm could hurt me."

:D
"Gonna be sore in the mornin'."
- Hellboy, right after the boss fight scene, after getting up again.

"Never tempt the predator into a bloodlust."
- Snowtiger
ZEN
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by ZEN »

So let me get this straight.. the moment you recieve cybernetic implants, you lose the ability to speak english with any degree of skill or intelligibilty?

Ahem.. anyway..
You can get a couple of relatively minor cyber implants without messing up your super hero at all, as long as they don't directly interfere with the specific super powers.

Does the character in question have super powers to begin with or is it a skill based power category?

8-)
Little Sculptures
Hand crafted fantasy miniatures.
Snowtiger
Adventurer

Yeah, I was thinking of a relatively physical hero, who relies on minor superpowers(enhanced strength, enhanced agility, maybe healing factor, enhanced senses etc.) and combat skills to take on foes.

And the above was my opinion on what it would be like if a superhero and a typical cyberpunk street thug clashed...
"Gonna be sore in the mornin'."
- Hellboy, right after the boss fight scene, after getting up again.

"Never tempt the predator into a bloodlust."
- Snowtiger

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”