Telekinesis: A Major Super Power

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Prince Cherico
Hero
Comment: Remember also that the smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights, cannot claim to be defenders of minorities
Ayn Rand

Unread post by Prince Cherico »

I like I like

you have done well for a new poster I aprove
Svartalf- if Cherico were a character created in a point game system, he'd have all his scores in geeky skills and his youtube and weird net stuff schticks all paid through a a Terminal Bad Luck (with more nasty GM intervention) disadvantage, and probably an Uncouth (can not have social skills) disad as well...
In an RPG with deadly situations that character would have had to be replaced a dozen times over[
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

Shaded_Helios wrote:
Great job with the power you should pick up Heroes Unlimited 2

Thanks

Is there a TK power in the HU 2 book? One that isn't just a psionic power that requires ISP? I haven't got the book, but have been meaning to for a while now.

Nope, but that's definatly a great add on.

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
Uncle Servo
Champion

Unread post by Uncle Servo »

Shaded_Helios wrote:
It's a good effort, but since you can have psionics and super abilities, its not really needed. And some of the abilities have been made in Powers Unlimited One or even the main rule book.
TK force field = Create Force Field
TK flight = Flight: Wingless
TK Blast = Force Blast or EE: Force (Both in Powers 1).

Yeah, I know, but I wanted a super ability, not a psionic power with a finite amount of ISP.

Create Force Field, Wingless Flight, and EE: Force are all individual powers that are are more powerful or more useful than the semi-powers available through my TK power. They're like dumbed down versions of what you listed, simple and puny by comparison, but not useless by any means.

I don't know... I kinda like keeping TK as a psionic power. After all, as thegama pointed out you can get psionics AND super abilities in the same character (have one such PC in my Loralton campaign at the moment, in fact) so it's not like you can't use TK as it is.

Also (as thegama also pointed out), there are a number of powers out there that can be taken normally and written up as the character having an 'advanced' form of TK.

It's not that this is a bad effort or a crappy result (it's not either), but I just don't think it's worth adding to the already large number of powers out there.
My Artwork Samples Set on Deviant Art
Hi! I'm Danger, but today I'll be Uncle Servo's Sock Puppet. -- Danger
US <Uncle> saves the day again. -- RockJock
And Servo has engineered another good idea. -- Sentinel
Prince Cherico
Hero
Comment: Remember also that the smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights, cannot claim to be defenders of minorities
Ayn Rand

Unread post by Prince Cherico »

sounds like anime
Svartalf- if Cherico were a character created in a point game system, he'd have all his scores in geeky skills and his youtube and weird net stuff schticks all paid through a a Terminal Bad Luck (with more nasty GM intervention) disadvantage, and probably an Uncouth (can not have social skills) disad as well...
In an RPG with deadly situations that character would have had to be replaced a dozen times over[
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Re: Telekinesis: A Major Super Power

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

Shaded_Helios wrote:I don't know of any TK abilities that are actually mutant powers and not just psionics. I don't have the PU books, though, so I could be completely off base here.

YOU ARE. PU1 has a minor power called tractor beamand Pu2 has a MaJor Power called Directed Force that's basically telekenesis(it lets you move things around and make a fore blast, but that 's it.
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”