Technomantica

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Prince Cherico
Hero
Comment: Remember also that the smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights, cannot claim to be defenders of minorities
Ayn Rand

Technomantica

Unread post by Prince Cherico »

Technomantica has a interesting history its linage susposidly
leads back to the cult of phagorous. A cult that belived that
mathmatics way a way to god. Over the years new spells
were created to better fit a modern era.

Equation of Egility
20 mana
this spell gives the mage Auto dodge for
one minute per level of experence

Equation of translation
20 mana
this spell uses the power of mathmatics to translate
lanugages, the caster can speak any language perfectly
for 30 minutes plus 10 minutes per level of experence

Equation of literacy
20 mana
this spell uses the power of mathmatics to translate
the written word the caster can read any language
for 30 minutes plus 10 minutes per level of experence

Equation of decodeing
20 mana
this spell decodes any code no matter how difficult the
code, the caster will under stand all that is said.

Equation of time
30 mana
this spell stops all projectile attacks
in a 5 foot radius of the caster for
2 minutes, per level of experence.

Equation of information
30 mana
this spell tells the caster everything
about a target that is related to mathmatics
every thing from weight, height and even
how many hairs on a targets head is reaveled.

Equation of combat
10 mana
this spell gives the caster +4 on all
combat rolls for one minute per level
of experence.

The divine Equation
50 mana
this spell summons a actual angel!
unfortantly just because youve summoned a angel
doesnt mean said angel will help you. Better hope
your cause is just

The infernal Equation
50 mana
this spell summons a deamon unfortantly

Phone phreaking
10 mana
this spells phreaks a phone
letting the caster call anywere
on the us on a pay phone for free

Electro magnetic pulse
50 mana
this spell destroys all electronics
in a 100 meter radius of the caster

Tele hack
30 mana
this spell allows the caster to surf the
internet with his mind he need only
close his eyes and hes connected

Electros Dominos
20 mana
this spells slammes the target with
a bolt of electrisity that does 4d6 damage

Electromagnetic sheild
30 mana
this spells summons a electronic force feild
that has 30 SDC per level of experence
Svartalf- if Cherico were a character created in a point game system, he'd have all his scores in geeky skills and his youtube and weird net stuff schticks all paid through a a Terminal Bad Luck (with more nasty GM intervention) disadvantage, and probably an Uncouth (can not have social skills) disad as well...
In an RPG with deadly situations that character would have had to be replaced a dozen times over[
The Baron of chaos
Champion

Unread post by The Baron of chaos »

UH?
"The baron is made of raw win. Search your feelings, you know it to be true."
ZEN
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by ZEN »

Yes it is, the post is intended for viewing by Marcantony for possible addition to his Talisman stuff on his website (Beyond Heroes), right Cherico?
Little Sculptures
Hand crafted fantasy miniatures.
Prince Cherico
Hero
Comment: Remember also that the smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights, cannot claim to be defenders of minorities
Ayn Rand

Unread post by Prince Cherico »

Yep your right about that Zen heres a few more spells

Equation of transition
40 mana
This spell uses the power of
math to teleport a object any where in site
or any were conected by a computer. 50 pounds
can be teleported in this manner per level of experence

Equation of Pi
50 mana
This spell compells the victem to calculate PI
For Machine based oponets it means they must make
a save vs. death if they fail they are destroyed
for biological oponits it just makes gives them a -5 to strike
and dodge, for 4 minutes per level of experence.

Equation of music
10 mana
this spells lets the caster play any instrument
at 98% skill level for one hour per level of experence

Equation of food preperation
10 mana
this spell lets the caster cooks food at 98%
skill level for one hour per level of experence

Equation of sight
30 mana
this spell makes the target see the intire world
as a mathmatical equation, for one minute per level
of experence, the effect is more or less the same
as blinding a person

Equation of computation
30 mana
this spell creates a computer virus that will
destroy one target computers information.
Often used in internet spats

Equation of over clocking
40 mana
this spell makes a machine 5 times
more powerful! unfortantly the spell only
lasts one minute per level of experence and
always destroys the machine after wards.

Equation of timing
5 mana
this spell tells the mage exactly what time it is.

Equation of Y2k
10 mana
this spell stops any clock targeted by the spell.
the effect lasts one hour per level of experence
Svartalf- if Cherico were a character created in a point game system, he'd have all his scores in geeky skills and his youtube and weird net stuff schticks all paid through a a Terminal Bad Luck (with more nasty GM intervention) disadvantage, and probably an Uncouth (can not have social skills) disad as well...
In an RPG with deadly situations that character would have had to be replaced a dozen times over[
Marcantony
Adventurer

Unread post by Marcantony »

This is part of the modern magic sections weve been working on, to be used by HU mages.

I already had 30 spells ready to go here (including 8 from the Urbana magic section I transferred over) so Ill just add these to it. Should be up on Saturday.
The spells thus far will be;
Artificial Intelligence
Ascended Essence
Call
Caller ID
Camera Shy
Change Channel
Change Light
Charge Equipment
Control Device
Convert Energy
Data Read
Degauss
Diagnostic
DJ
Email Scroll
EMP Burst
Encryption
Equipment Regeneration
Maintain Machine
Mask Metal
Ownership ID
Paranoid
Remote of Death
Remote Sabre
Scramble Machine
Sure Page
Techno Babble
Techno Skill
Wirewalk

Im also renaming some sections, eg. Vice becomes Tantric. These will be the new sections;
Bardica
Biomantica
Chaotica
Chronomantica
Combatica
Common
Divine
Dreamspeak
Duh!
Elemental, Air
Elemental, Earth
Elemental, Fire
Elemental, Water
Faerie
Illusion
Mirror
Necromantica
Runica
Tantric
Technomantica
Transmutanica
Urbana

Edit: Hrmm. Hadnt considered the mathematical side of it. Trust Cherico to find a new angle :D
This opens up more possibilities.
ZEN
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by ZEN »

All good, but I would just say Runic.. runica grates on my nordic nerves :lol:

Are you looking for any new types of spell magic Marco? I quite enjoy crafting strange new spells and magic schools.
Little Sculptures
ApocalypseZero
Adventurer
Comment: Also known as: Lonnie Langston

Unread post by ApocalypseZero »

KG Carlson wrote:
prophet118 wrote:i wouldnt consider the S&M concert way back in the day, in fact, that just came out a few years ago..

Garage Inc was a great album, as was Load and Reload..

i dont like St Anger though

Ah, but you didn't set your time machine far enough into the past! Of course, half of Garage Inc was from the era of which I speak, as were many of the songs on the S&M concert.

For "true" Metallica, you need to tune in to the unholy trinity of Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets, and Justice for All. :eek: It'll blow your head right off your shoulders man! :lol:

You are onto something, but why not just say Metallica 'Cliff Burton Years'. (See Boys and Girls, Cliff Burton was Metallica's bass player before the two failure they stumbled upon now. Burton could easily be called the 'Jimi Hendrix of Bass'. Basically, almost all of the greatest songs of Metallica came from Burton Years. End History lesson.)

Of course, you have to watch, lest the Law-Mages of Ulric seek ye out and suck away your fotunes with vile, blasphemous Legalese!

Metallica-Proving once again that rock stars can cry like babies too. :lol:

Cool idea for coming up with new magic and schools of magic. Unfortunately, it does not look to be set up for Palladium rules.
Only Time Will Tell, Unfortunately The Bastard Never Speaks.
ZEN
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by ZEN »

The spells use the word Mana instead of PPE (as Mana is the most common term used for magic energy by gamers worldwide), for a basic conversion list on Marcantony's site.. Go Here.

And to quote Marco..
"2-10 mana point spells are minor, the type you might expect an apprentice to use.
15-30 mana point spells are more powerful, and are type you might expect an experienced mage to use.
40 mana point spells are devastating, and are type you might expect from a mighty wizard.
50 mana point spells are legendary, and can have an enormous impact on the surroundings around you. These are the spells you might expect from the mightiest wizards of legend, who raise mountains and do battle with the greatest of demons.
"

On the conversions link (added above) you can see the level of the spell, and if you take a look at the PPE cost of spells of those levels in your chosen game setting, you can very easily convert the spells Mana cost into a PPE cost equivalent.
A small effort for such a large resource to draw on.
8-)
Little Sculptures
ZEN
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by ZEN »

Topic? What topic? :-?

I guess I could try and blend the two subjects...
If the lead singer of Metallica was a magic user who could create spell like effects (sort of like three minute rituals, longer ones for rock ballads).. what songs would create what sort of effects?
8-)
Little Sculptures
ApocalypseZero
Adventurer
Comment: Also known as: Lonnie Langston

Unread post by ApocalypseZero »

prophet118 wrote:
ApocalypseZero wrote:You are onto something, but why not just say Metallica 'Cliff Burton Years'. (See Boys and Girls, Cliff Burton was Metallica's bass player before the two failure they stumbled upon now. Burton could easily be called the 'Jimi Hendrix of Bass'. Basically, almost all of the greatest songs of Metallica came from Burton Years. End History lesson.)

Of course, you have to watch, lest the Law-Mages of Ulric seek ye out and suck away your fotunes with vile, blasphemous Legalese!

Metallica-Proving once again that rock stars can cry like babies too. :lol:

Cool idea for coming up with new magic and schools of magic. Unfortunately, it does not look to be set up for Palladium rules.

theres nothing wrong with Jason Newstead, hes an awesome bass player.. is he better than Cliff?... well why dont we start down the Van Halen path then... who was better Roth or Haggar... good, you see my point.

not all the "good songs" come from the cliff era, unless you want to discount the and justice for all stuff, and the black album... now i know what ya gonna say, "but cliff recorded more with them"... yeh, more than the newest bassist (Rob Trejulo, or however you spell it) cliff had to his credit: kill em all, ride the lightning, and master of puppets, jason has to his name: and justice for all, black album, load, reload, garage inc, S&M

sure you could discredit garange inc and S&M since there there arent any new songs (except - Human and No Leaf Clover on S&M)

if you want more information, id suggest visiting the website i visit every day

www.encycmet.com (Encyclopedia Metallica)

Funny you mention Van Halen, I just mentioned this yesterday. In my younger days, I thought Roth was better, being a little older now, I like Haggar. But both are good when it comes to Halen.

As for Cliff/Jason/Rob, well how about just Cliff/Jason, because Rob will only be the Suicidal Tendencies guy to me. Sorry, but anything after the Black/Self Titled Album of Metallica's is not worth much to me. But as for Cliff and Jason, I haven't looked into exact detail, but wouldn't some of the music on 'Justice' have been written before Cliff's death? I believe a few songs probably were. But, I am looking at this from a Bassist view, which sees Cliff as the great one. Jason is merely the replacement, but I am not against his abilities or success. It's just Cliff is seen as a Bassist that had impacted the music world more so than Jason. (Sorry, the musician in me screaming out.) But this is nothing, because they both made records with the band that seemingly made their fans happy (except for me when they put out crap starting with Load). But now that this is dead, I'd like to move away from the band that once had talent, but now has none.

[This was my opinion. I say this because as a Bassist myself, that is how I have seen Metallica referenced on the subject. I do feel this way as well. There is no need to war on this.]

As for the alternate magics, and specifically what ZEN had posted on, I could see a set of rituals being used in such a fashion. In HU, I can even base a few adventures off the idea. Thanks, next time I need a cool little side adventure, I'm going to use this.
Last edited by ApocalypseZero on Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Only Time Will Tell, Unfortunately The Bastard Never Speaks.
Marcantony
Adventurer

ZEN wrote:Are you looking for any new types of spell magic Marco? I quite enjoy crafting strange new spells and magic schools.

Absolutely. :D And thanks for the compliments. :)
The changes are up now. I also removed the Tattoo sourcebook from my Heroes site and made it a new magic section instead. I thought it would be more appropiate to shift it there.
Ive tried to make each type of magic powerful in its own right, regardless of which one you choose. Except for Common which is basic stuff available to everyone.
ZEN
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by ZEN »

Gads I just had the stupidest idea for a magic school...
You know how everything seemed possible when you were a little kid, and Santa was real, the tooth fairy really gave you a coin if you left your tooth under the pillow overnight, and every bunny or little bird you saw was your friend and understood everything you said and so on..

You see where I'm headed here right?

Heh heh..

Toddler Magic!

Or as a proper title..
Juvenus!
Magic innate to gifted children and very, very rarely accessable to gifted adults who have the ability to think and feel like a child. The magic is characterised by it's reliance on belief and faith in place of known facts, it is light, playfull and does not require much practice or discipline, however it does require natural mystical talent in a strong willed youngster.

Sound good?
Little Sculptures
Marcantony
Adventurer

I can see that. Especially if the GM wanted to have an evil child NPC. It would work well for BTS as well. :)
What sort of spells did you have in mind for this?

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”