new energy expulsion

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Uncle Servo
Champion

Re: new energy expulsion

Unread post by Uncle Servo »

the drunken werebear wrote:i have a kid playing a charcter who used to be a welder and he was wondering what kind of ee a cutting torch might fall under i immediatly sought out fire componenets but it didn't quite seem to grasp the entirety of this function

so i request the help of fellow gamers any ideas on cutting torch damages uses or restrictions after all it is just a superhot flame

Well, the description for APS: Fire's 'continuous bolt of flame' says that "the degree of control is so exact that the character can ignite one finger and use the flame like an acetylene torch, regulating the flame’s length and intensity."

However, that's APS: Fire and not any of the EE powers.

If you wanted the same effect, I would say you could use take either EE: Fire, EE: Plasma, or EE: Light and produce the same effect -- however, due to the amount of concentration involved it would take up ALL melee actions every round he's using his power in that fashion (not even able to take defensive actions). Plus he'd need to be 3rd level or higher, as it's at that point he can start regulating the intensity of his blasts.

APS: Fire is a major ability not just because you have more facets of the power as opposed to EE: Fire, but also because you can do a lot more with what you have. If this guy had APS: Fire I as a GM would allow him to use the continuous bolt with one finger while at the same time doing other things (such as lobbing bolts at someone or taking defensive actions that don't tear him away from cutting).

Now, if he wanted to do some arc welding he could do the same thing with EE: Electricity and with the same penalties.
My Artwork Samples Set on Deviant Art
Hi! I'm Danger, but today I'll be Uncle Servo's Sock Puppet. -- Danger
US <Uncle> saves the day again. -- RockJock
And Servo has engineered another good idea. -- Sentinel
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

Lots of welding would be closer to electrical powers. A cutting torch is a little different. Maybe APS Electricity with EE fire or something?
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
KillWatch
Champion

Unread post by KillWatch »

how about this
make him use up a skill slot for it

Skill: Fire Expulsion: Welding: 35%
He is able to focus his fire blast into a short but intense flame if he succeeds. Course he would have to have gone to SATAR for training

I personally use a Power Control sub attribute with diffculty modifiers but this will probably be easier
The entire experiment may ultimately not work. But as Tiger Woods tears into the springbok, his mouth crimson with blood, he looks to have all the makings of a natural-born killer.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”