welcome to shadow

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Prince Cherico
Hero
Comment: Remember also that the smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights, cannot claim to be defenders of minorities
Ayn Rand

welcome to shadow

Unread post by Prince Cherico »

I stood nervously in front of commander Lott. I was his personal assistant
the last one was killed in assanation attempt. He sacerfised his life for the commanders life. Those seemed like big shoes to fill, and in a way they were.

"hello Private Sanchez I suspose its time to show you the ropes welcome to shadow."

"I'm glad to be here commander."

"No need for such formalitys we find they get in the way of business here at the main base, by the way its nice to see you served the zillas."

"We did have quite the ride sir."

"most people do, son you know that the japanese payed us to put our base here?"

"really sir?"

"Oh yes private they thought that we would be able to destroy the damn things if our head quatres was placed here."

"any success?"

"look around you is this success? The damn things regenerate like crazy and are tough as hell to boot. Still its nice that japan paid for the construction of our base."

"how did the zillas get here?"

"No one really knows in 1956 the damn things appeared and started attacking japan once a year. The japanese are always on our case for
not eliminating them."

"Naturally sir they do destroy tokyo once a year."

"The zillas attack the kanto region of japan, tokyo is in the kanto region
but tokyo itself has never been attacked. Its a common misconception. Any ways things are working themselves out Zilla meat is quite popular in japan."

"whats it taste like?"

"it tastes like crap but the japanese feel like its their patriotic duty to eat the damn stuff. Its like how every person in the JSD joined in just to get pay back on the zillas for something. Even though the pay the benefits and weapons suck they still join they hate the zillas that much."

"you were showing me around sir?"

"Oh sorry about that got on a tangent there I belive I was showing you around. There are five underground levels and 7 astral realms."

"you were able to recruit astral lords? How were you able to do that?"

"Let me talk and Ill tell you."

"sorry sir."

"the first astral lord we recruited was bubba. All we know about bubba was that he was instrumental in saving the lives about a million jews during world war 2. Astral lords like bubba transported about six million jews to israel. It wasn't enough to save the six million killed by hitler but with out their help it would have been 12 million. Bubba was the leader of this effort, we contacted him when we were first formed and he happily let us use his space. Bubba asked nothing in return, saying he did it simply because he hated aliens. His realm the glass lands is used as our training ground. Bubba himself lives in a crystal castle he likes to hide disgise himself as a janitor and insult himself in front of the new troops.

The second astral lord we recruited was bai bing chen. Shes the only female of the astral lords. The woman was a servant to the royal family during the ming dynasty. Shes heavily into the BDSM life stile we were able to recruit her by offering the ocassional boy toy."

"thats horrible."

"not really Bai is a really beautiful woman expecially in her realm, we never have a lack of volunteers. The third man we recruited was Alex Largo back in the day he cleaned the chamber pots of the great masters.
We were able to recruit him by giving him art work. Alex loves art any kind of art. As long as he gets a new piece in his collection once a week hes happy."

"Interesting."

"it is isn't it? The fourth man we recruited was Ivan Romanov hes actually
got no relation to those Romanov's. The man was a peasant farmer before he became a lord. Recruiting him was easy he is a chess fanatic
and we supply him opponits. He says he likes a challenge but he always cheats. We never call him on it of course but its some thing to keep in mind. The next astral lord we recruited was Dexter Ramirez his realm looks like a quant mexican village."

"so hes mexican?"

"nope hes from chile he just likes the arcatector. Dexter had to be recruited the hard way. Dex used to work for a drug cartel, we used a comado team of mystics and didn't let the poor SOB sleep until he decided to see things our way."

"ouch."

"Tomo Tohoko is the sixth astral lord hes from japan. He used to be a low ranking samurai before he lost it all in the meiji revolution. We got him by letting the old man teach sword lessons and the way of bushido. The guy is actually very good I sugest trying it out some time. The last astral lord contacted us. He needed mana to build up his realm in exchange for perminate mana we get free reign of his realm. By the way his name is adam smith a nice australian chap. You'll be living in his realm. Well good luck the portal is right across the hall."
Svartalf- if Cherico were a character created in a point game system, he'd have all his scores in geeky skills and his youtube and weird net stuff schticks all paid through a a Terminal Bad Luck (with more nasty GM intervention) disadvantage, and probably an Uncouth (can not have social skills) disad as well...
In an RPG with deadly situations that character would have had to be replaced a dozen times over[

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”