Board index » SDC Worlds » Heroes Unlimited™

Post subject: save vs.Psionic level
Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 10:29 am

Adventurer

Even though I have been gaming in the palladium system for over 10 years I never questioned this untill now. To save vs, psionic for a normal person is 15......just a flat 15 (bonuses applyed of course). Magic has a save that increases as the magi get more powerful..so why doesn't psionics :?: I know that the save is high already but does it not make sense that as a psionic grows in exp. his mind gets harder to resist? Why should a 3rd level bio-manipulation be as easy to save as a 13th level bio-manipulation? :nuke: :frazz:

"Coming together is a begining, staying together is progress, working together is success"

Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 12:47 pm

Adventurer

This is what I have done in my game;

Psions get Psi-Strength bonuses just as Mages get Spell-strength bonuses, but the save vs psionics is reduced to 12 (the same as spell magic). It's only fair after all. Psionic characters do not get reduced save targets - they get bonuses to save vs psionics of any kind just as a Wizard gets bonuses to save vs magic of any kind. Basically, just take Wizard ability #7; Magic Combat and Bonuses, replace all "magic" with "psionics" and give it to the Natural Psionic characters.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same god who has endowed us with senses, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo