Disruptive Touch

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Uncle Servo
Champion

Re: Disruptive Touch

Unread post by Uncle Servo »

Hyperion wrote:Can distruptive touch be used in conjunction with a physical attack?

I'm assuming when a character with Supernatural strength of 50 and disruptive touch punches someone not only do they take tons of physical damage but they get theyre optics fried as well, right?

Not in my campaign he couldn't. As a GM I would rule that this character could do one or the other with an attack, but not both.

The impression that I get of Disruptive Touch is since you have a variety of effects available to you, conscious effort is required to use it (you have to consciously determine which effect you inflict). Also, since it's a power that requires conscious effort to use, it's not 'always on' like say a damage bonus from a fist made out of firey lava.

Basically, you have to 'turn it on' and 'set the dial' to the desired effect, and that would require striking at a person with a different mindset than throwing a punch -- you're trying to GRAB (or PRESS DOWN UPON) more so than HIT.

Now, if this character actually WANTED to do this I might allow him a chance to do so... but it would take up two attacks (like a power punch does) and would require two separate strike rolls -- the first to see if his punch hits and the second to see if he maintains contact long enough for the Disruptive Touch to take hold.
My Artwork Samples Set on Deviant Art
Hi! I'm Danger, but today I'll be Uncle Servo's Sock Puppet. -- Danger
US <Uncle> saves the day again. -- RockJock
And Servo has engineered another good idea. -- Sentinel

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”