Board index » SDC Worlds » Heroes Unlimited™

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 10:06 am

Explorer

Ok, I don't have everything set up on my site the way I want it yet for my new COH content. But, I thought I would go ahead and post the first random character. Hopefully it views ok, I know there might be some problems with it on lower video cards (I tried viewing it at work and it looks like crap).

This was made with City of Heroes random character generator. I simply clicked random, and saved the screenshot. So I have no predetermined ideas for these characters.

The rules: Pretty simply, just make them book legal. No Megas this go round. I will post some in the future that have to be Mega, etc. I will also be doing some other themes along the way.

You can write them up as either a villain or a hero. I am really interested in the total package, background + powers, etc.

After one week, I will choose one entry and use it to post to the NPC section of my site (with credit to the winner). When you post your information, please also include how you would like the credit listed if your entry is picked (i.e. Do/Don't include my email address, what name to use, etc.).

After one week, I will post the next picture in a new thread as well.

Have fun!!

The Pic

Gamer's Reunion
A gaming convention - Coming September 25-27, 2009

TheRealm
A site dedicated to Role Playing.

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 12:55 am

Dungeon Crawler

Dumb question: do we post in this thread?

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 10:02 am

Explorer

Cranus wrote:
Dumb question: do we post in this thread?

Definitely. Post in this thread. I'd like everyone to be able to share their creations. Maybe someone else will like a different version than I select for the website.

Thanks,

Darkwind

Gamer's Reunion

TheRealm

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 8:07 pm

Wanderer

Slightly off topic where would i get this City of Heros random char generatior it looks really cool

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 8:20 pm

Explorer

Beast-Guyver wrote:
Slightly off topic where would i get this City of Heros random char generatior it looks really cool

You can not purchase the character generator alone. City of Heroes is a new MMORPG that is launching next week. The character generator is part of the game and you can not create characters offline. So basically, you need to have an account for the MMORPG to use the generator.

Thanks,

Darkwind

Gamer's Reunion

TheRealm

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 12:37 am

Dungeon Crawler

Alright, here's my try:

Note: if used, please don't include any email address. Address me by using my handle name, Cranus.

Agent #20 - a supersoldier modeled after the power category in PU2 (ie that's where I got my "stat" inspiration from)

Powers - Darkness Control and Nightstalking

Supersoldier enhancement: bionic arm

Derangement: Multiple Personality Disorder

Agent #20 was the 20th attempt at creating a supersoldier designed both in the darkness and creatures of darkness. Its real name is currently heavily classified all that is known is Agent #20 received black ops training and the 'Incident'. After receiving a battery of chemical, radiation, and genetic treatments, Agent #20 became a victim of a horrible training accident (details heavily classified) which caused it to lose its left arm. The agency fitted Agent #20 with bionic arm replacement. Upon waking, the shock created from the bionic arm caused Agent #20 to create an area of darkness - an unplanned ability. Agent #20 didn't take too well to both new 'additions' and escaped. Reports based on both the incident and later incidents indicate that Agent #20 is disturbed. On one occasion, "it" might perform assassinations or other shadowy activities for less reputable figures. On another, Agent #20 seems to fulfill "its" original purpose by helping others deal with "creatures of darkness". Current whereabouts are unknown.

Meanwhile, the agency is currently investigating the procedure...