Board index » SDC Worlds » Heroes Unlimited™

Post subject: Economic uses of Powers
Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 12:02 pm

Adventurer

What are some good economic uses of powers?

Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 5:58 pm

Adventurer

Are you making a Genosha?

As an instrumentationalist, I would love to have Conduct electricity. The #3 & #5 abilities would revolutize the electrical fields, cut downtime, and save our asses from being BZZZTT. :lol: So any person who works with electricity would love this power.

Heightened Sense of Taste (Smell too) - Food & Wine Critic

Heightened Sense of Smell - Drug smeller; locate runaway prisoners, lost children & kidnapped people.

Cops with this could undermine civil liberties. Besides the smelling of drugs at a long distance, Jeffrey Dahmer was pulled over early in his...er...career for a traffic violation. The policeman smelled something funny, Dahmer said he was taking trash to the dumpster. A policeman with this power could say bull doodoo, that's a dead person and would have probable cause for a search. What a person could do with this power is unfathomable; a blood hound with the mental capacities of a human... :shock: My dad's dog could detect him coming home from a mile away (with mom smoking a cigarette by him in the living room), driving in his pickup truck, in a wooded area, and since dad owned his own business, he would come home at different times of the day. He could forecast the weather hours in advance (he didn't like rain or thunder) and his tail would droop and he would pace around worried. Sense of smell is a REMARKABLE power and underrated.

Any Flights/Sonic Speed/Teleporter - Courier, Always get to work on time.

Underwater abilities - any job underwater, will make underwater welding a lot safer

Beastmaster - Ranger Rick, zoo keeper, aquarium, animal acts, circus, Hollywood animal trainer

Super strenght & flying - warehouse worker

CEF: Air - Streetsweeper

CEF: Fire - Fireman

-----

Well, my download's done at Home of the Underdogs (I likes free games) and I have to go.

The courageous enter dark caves alone, the clever send in the courageous first, the cleverest wait behind the clever.
-- THE BOOK OF CATACLYSM

Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 2:36 am

Hero

Create Force Discs and Create Force Constructs can both be used as movers, warehouse workers and construction workers

Divine Aura makes a great Tele-vangalists

Animal Metamorphosis makes all animal acting jobs obsolete

Toy Control can work at any shopping mall and sell alot of toys

APS Wood can be the Forest Ranger

Color Manipulation Fashion designer goodbye Klien and Guci

Sensory Orb the new Voyeur website not exactly a job more of a hobby

Vertigo Field the new age carnies what else

Power Bands would be great for any cop FBI agent or prison guard but bad for the criminals

Tractor Beam the tow truck drivers and repo man try stopping them from taking it

Dimensional Room can redefine the survivalist way of thinking can horde it all without anyone ever finding it

cant think about anymore at the moment will post if i can think of em

Lynx

Sentinel wrote:
I'm tired of being mature all the time.
I want to be a small, petty, spiteful bitter man, just once.
Marrowlight wrote:
I'm really impressed and officially dub you 10 Limited Edition Marrow Points.

Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 2:39 am

Hero

Comment: Remember also that the smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights, cannot claim to be defenders of minorities
Ayn Rand
one man with gravity manipulation could revolutionize nasa

Svartalf- if Cherico were a character created in a point game system, he'd have all his scores in geeky skills and his youtube and weird net stuff schticks all paid through a a Terminal Bad Luck (with more nasty GM intervention) disadvantage, and probably an Uncouth (can not have social skills) disad as well...
In an RPG with deadly situations that character would have had to be replaced a dozen times over[