Board index » SDC Worlds » Heroes Unlimited™

Post subject: The Empowered.
Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 6:48 pm

Dungeon Crawler

Ok I'm making up an empowered character right now.

The concept is he is an ex-cop who had his arm blown off in an explosion and is therefore unable to continue his duties. After traveling the world he was bestowed (demi)god like powers by an unknown force of good.

Now when he powers up his lost arm is replaced by Alter Limb Steel and some other powers. He also uses the Demigod rules.

This is where the problem arises. When my hero transforms into the powerhouse it says; PS 3D6 +20 (Supernatural). Is the the 3D6 +20 added to his original strength or does it just become 3D6 +20 while his powers are activated?

For example as a mortal his strength is 16 but after he transforms it becomes 16 + 3D6 +20.

Post subject: Re: The Empowered.
Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 9:10 pm

Adventurer

The extra PS is added when he takes his Demigod form (16+3D6+20). When he is regular old joe shmoe human his PS is 16.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same god who has endowed us with senses, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo

Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 11:43 pm

Dungeon Crawler

Are you sure?

That means his PS will be 45(supernatural), PP will be 27, PE is 30 and PB is an immense 32.

How can that be correct?

Why even give him his 2 Majors and 3 minors?

Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 12:01 am

Knight

Comment: I like magic.
Is this what's in PU2? I really don't see what all these additional things do... they're covered in Mystically Bestowed I'd thought.

Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 12:58 am

Adventurer

Hyperion wrote:
Are you sure?

That means his PS will be 45(supernatural), PP will be 27, PE is 30 and PB is an immense 32.

How can that be correct?

Why even give him his 2 Majors and 3 minors?

Oh - ok - I thought one of his powers was the actual super-ability of Supernatural PS. I misunderstood.

The attributes under Physical Metamorphosis - Demigod are what you roll to determine the heroic form's stats - you do not add them to your existing stats - you roll them seperately.

In other words, the character's PS in human form is a normal 16, but while he is in his Demigod form, his PS jumps to a supernatural PS of 20+3D6 (whatever you rolled).

Now if you select Supernatural PS as a power (or any other PS-enhancing powers), you can add the bonus it provides to your demigod's 20+3D6 strength score.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same god who has endowed us with senses, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo

Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 2:48 am

Adventurer

Tyciol wrote:
Is this what's in PU2? I really don't see what all these additional things do... they're covered in Mystically Bestowed I'd thought.

There's about 10+ different types of Empowered character, some are similar to other categories such as mystically bestowed. Other than the Demi-God option all the others are pretty different.