NEW POWERS!

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

MrTwist
Hero

Re: NEW POWERS!

Unread post by MrTwist »

Glad to see this is still around.
"Do you even know what the word theory means? You must think it means '**** that you make up'."
---Penn Jillette
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

It is. I kind of wish people would start posting stuff to it again.
Last edited by Stone Gargoyle on Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

Its been a long while since I made anything, so I'll scrounge around in my brain for inspiration and see if I can come up with something.
"Do you even know what the word theory means? You must think it means '**** that you make up'."
---Penn Jillette
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

MrTwist wrote:Its been a long while since I made anything, so I'll scrounge around in my brain for inspiration and see if I can come up with something.

Likewise, we couldn't have run through all possible workable power concepts already.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

taalismn wrote:
MrTwist wrote:Its been a long while since I made anything, so I'll scrounge around in my brain for inspiration and see if I can come up with something.

Likewise, we couldn't have run through all possible workable power concepts already.

We haven't. I just get more creative when I read what others are making as well.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
taalismn
Priest

That's part of the reason I miss the Black Vault: even though I saved most of it, it was easy to scan the entries to see if powers had been done before.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Part of the reason I do weird powers is so that they are unique and it is less likely anyone else has done them.
taalismn
Priest

(lemme see if I can shake the rust off my power-making skills)

Fireblood(Minor)
“Remember how mosquitos were exploding around me at our last picnic? If I can just poke my finger enough to draw blood, I can burn through these wrist ties!”

The superbeing’s blood consists of a highly unstable fluid that oxidizes with an extreme thermal reaction. Any injury that sheds blood into the open air will be cause for a burst of hot flame. A few drops of the superbeing’s blood are enough to do 1d8 points of burn damage per 1 SDC/HP damage done to the superbeing. A pinprick(no damage) is enough to do 1d4 SDC. Effective range of 1d6 inches from the wound.
The fireblooded superbeing cannot donate blood nor benefit from transfusions. And any death wounds that cut open the body, in an oxygen atmosphere, will result in the body self-cremating. The living superbeing is immune to the thermal damage done by his own blood, but may be damaged by any secondary fires set by the flaming blood.
The superbeing also gets a bonus of +1d6 to P.E and +4d6 Spd. because his blood is so supercharged.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

There have been blood powers similar to this but I think this one is distinct enough to merit inclusion to this topic. Well done.
Mr Scorpio
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Mr Scorpio »

I watched a TV show from the 80's and one episode featured a character who had access to the memories of one of his ancestors and as a result he could read Mayan symbols. I don't know if there is something similar here already but here's my take on it.

I wanted to give it some role playing aspects but I know it needs some kind of combat bonuses. This isn't a fleshed out power so much as a rough draft but I figured that I would get some feedback on whether it's even a good idea for a power. Does it go too far or not far enough?

Spoiler:
Genetic Memory (Minor Power)
I was kind of born knowing how to use a long bow. Even though I've never been there myself I can show you around the area in England where my great, great, great, great, great grandfather learned to shoot.

The character with the Genetic Memory power has the ability to tap into memories stored in their genetic code. Perhaps one of the character's ancestors was a soldier in World War 2, a professional cook or a well known explorer. The character will get a selection of non-combat skills and will also gain certain combat skills and bonuses due to a special link with a particular ancestor.

Bonus Skills: A number of skills recalled from the life and times of the character's ancestors. Roll 1D4 times. Skill proficiency will be frozen at level 5 (+1D20% from that ancestor's intelligence/education level) and will not advance as the character gains levels.
1: Cook:
2: Forgery:
3: Pick Locks:
4: Track Animals:
5: Medical Doctor:
6: Recognize Weapon Quality:
7: Parachuting:
8: Pilot Airplane:
9: Horsemanship:
10:Pilot Sail Boat:
11:Identify Plants & Fruits:
12:Speak a Language of Choice:
13:Literacy in a Language of Choice:
14:Location Familiarity: Knowledge of a specific area during a specific time in history (feudal Japan, Civil War era Kentucky, Chicago in the 1920's, etc.).

Special: The character possesses an especially strong link with a particular ancestor. Roll only once on this table.
1: Ancestor was an Ancient Warrior: 2 Ancient Weapons of choice (at level 5) OR if the character selects the WP as part of their regular skill selection they get an additional +2 to Strike & Parry.
2: Ancestor was a Modern Warrior: 2 Modern Weapons of choice (No Energy Weapons) OR if the character selects the WP as part of their regular skill selection they get an additional +1 bonus to Strike
3: Ancestor was an accomplished unarmed fighter: +2 to Strike & Parry to hand to hand attacks
4: Ancestor with Psionic Powers: Roll 2 times. (see page 190 in HU2 for having psionics and superpowers)
Object Read
Telepathy
Telekinesis
Sixth Sense
Bio-Regeneration
Healing Touch
Mind Block
5: Ancestor was a magic user: Roll 2 times (not sure how much PPE the character should get or if they can just cast X times per day)
Globe of Daylight
See the Invisible
Darkness
Fear/Horror Factor
Armor of Ithan
Breathe Without Air
Last edited by Mr Scorpio on Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
taalismn
Priest

Mr Scorpio wrote:I

I was kind of born knowing how to use a long bow. Even though I've never been there myself I can show you around the area in England where my great, great, great, great, great grandfather learned to shoot.

Rather more detailed than my own Hereditary Memory (Minor) power, so it looks good to me.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Mr Scorpio
Dungeon Crawler

taalismn wrote:Rather more detailed than my own Hereditary Memory (Minor) power, so it looks good to me.

I figured that there must have been at least one power like this out there but I didn't want to go through 120 pages to find out, lol. I'll have to search for your version now.
taalismn
Priest

Mr Scorpio wrote:
taalismn wrote:Rather more detailed than my own Hereditary Memory (Minor) power, so it looks good to me.

I figured that there must have been at least one power like this out there but I didn't want to go through 120 pages to find out, lol. I'll have to search for your version now.

Yours is a lot more extensive. though mine seems to address a concern of yours about fighting bonuses.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
psiandco
Explorer

Unread post by psiandco »

Major power: N.M.E. (sounds like "Enemy")
Nuclear Metabolic Enzyme

Have you ever wondered "How" superpowers are powered?
Here is the answer. N.M.E.
A biological process that converts food into energy via nuclear (rather than chemical) reactions.
This could explain the functioning of "mutant detectors", and "power negator" devices!

Testing to see if I can post yet...
taalismn
Priest

It's an interesting idea..
But to be a proper power, let alone a MAJOR power, there's gotta be more to it.

If one of its vulnerabilities is 'stands out on radiation detectors', there's gotta be some benefits(and MAJOR) ones to it.
There's already several nuclear manipulation and Energy Explusion: Radiation powers out there, but if NME is an alternative biology, maybe its focus would be performance boosting?

Though if you can't think of multiple big power up factors to this, maybe you should try introducing it as a Minor power that can work in conjunction with other powers.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

It sounds more like an explaination for powers than an actual power in and of itself. If you want to discuss said explaination, I suggest you take it from here and start a seperate thread for it.
Mr Scorpio
Dungeon Crawler

I changed a few things up. I tried to keep the overall power level down a bit. Hopefully the spells and powers aren't too much at lower levels.

I was kind of born knowing how to use a long bow. Oddly, even though I've never been there myself I can show you around the area in England where my great, great, great, great, great grandfather learned to shoot.

The character with the Genetic Memory power has the ability to tap into memories stored in their genetic code. Perhaps one of the character's ancestors was a soldier in World War 2, a professional cook or a well known explorer. The character will get a selection of non-combat skills and will also gain certain combat skills and bonuses due to a special link with a particular ancestor.

Range: Self
Duration: Constant
Bonuses:
1: Non-combat Skills: A number of skills recalled from the life and times of the character's ancestors. Roll 1D4 times. Skill proficiency will be frozen at level 5 (+1D20% from that ancestor's intelligence/education level) and will not advance as the character gains levels.
Roll:
01-09: Cook:
10-15: Forgery:
16-21: Pick Locks:
22-26: Track Animals:
27-29: Paramedic:
30-35: Recognize Weapon Quality:
36-41: Pilot Airplane:
42-49: Horsemanship:
50-58: Pilot Sail Boat:
59-68: Speak a Language of Choice:
69-76: Literacy in a Language of Choice:
77-84: Location Familiarity: Knowledge of a specific area during a specific time in history (feudal Japan, Civil War era Kentucky, Chicago in the 1920's, etc.).
85-92: Art/Pottery: In a distinctive style: Ancient Greek, Native American, etc.
93-00: Play Musical Instrument: Directly tied to the character's lineage. Should be something interesting: Bagpipes, didgeridoo, guqin, etc.

3: Special Link:
The character has a special link with a particular ancestor and gains bonus abilities based on that ancestor's abilities. Roll or pick one that best fits the character. All of the powers and spells listed are from HU2 but the GM can add/exchange Psionic Powers or Spells from other books as desired.

01-15: Ancestor was a warrior in more primitave times: +2 to Strike & Parry melee weapons, +2 to Strike with missile weapons, +1 initiative, Paired Weapons

16-30: Ancestor was a warrior/soldier in more recent times:+1 att/melee when using firearms (but not energy weapons), +2 bonus to Strike with firearms, bonus skill: Recognize Weapon Quality (same skill percentage as listed in section 1).

31-43: Ancestor was an accomplished unarmed fighter: Bonuses only apply when unarmed: +2 to Strike & Parry, +3 Pull Punch, +3 Dodge, +4 roll with punch/fall

44-57: Ancestor was a Mystic / Fortune Teller: Three times per day the character can use any of the Psionic Powers from the list below. The character doesn't need to spend any ISP to activate the power. Range and duration are the same as if used by a 5th level character.
Psionic Powers: Astral Projection, Object Read, Telepathy, Sixth Sense, See Aura, Mind Block

58-72: Ancestor was a Wizard: Three times per day the character can cast any Magic Spell from the list below. The character doesn't need to spend any PPE to activate the power. Range and duration are the same as if used by a 5th level character.
Spells: See the Invisible, Darkness, Breathe Without Air, Invisibility: Simple, Multiple Image, Horrific Illusion

73-86: Ancestor was a Shaman or Druid: Three times per day the character can cast any Magic Spell from the list below. The character doesn't need to spend any PPE to activate the power. Range and duration are the same as if used by a 5th level character.
Spells: Sense Evil, Befuddle, Chamelion, Extinguish Fire, Repel Animals, Sleep

87-00: Ancestor was a Cleric or Faith Healer: Three times per day the character can cast any Magic Spell from the list below. The character doesn't need to spend any PPE to activate the power. Range and duration are the same as if used by a 5th level character.
Spells: Globe of Daylight, Sense Evil, Turn Dead, Armor of Ithan, Negate Poison/Toxin, Heal Wounds
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Mr Scorpio wrote:I changed a few things up. I tried to keep the overall power level down a bit. Hopefully the spells and powers aren't too much at lower levels.

I was kind of born knowing how to use a long bow. Oddly, even though I've never been there myself I can show you around the area in England where my great, great, great, great, great grandfather learned to shoot.

...snip

*Nods* Nice
Sort of like a Super Abilities version of the Transcendent PCC from Rifter 1.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Mr Scorpio
Dungeon Crawler

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:*Nods* Nice

I don't have that one. I'll try to look it up online. They might have thought of something cool that I could steal, lol.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Mr Scorpio wrote:
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:*Nods* Nice

I don't have that one. I'll try to look it up online. They might have thought of something cool that I could steal, lol.

The way you wrote yours, I knew you hadn't seen the R1 PCC. In some ways I like yours better (less math) and in others I like the R1 PCC. Even if in both, they are based in debunked ideas.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Teleport: Fire Flying (Major) by Stone Gargoyle

1.Teleporting: The hero can step into a source of fire within range and instantly teleport. The fire must be at least 4 feet long.
Range: 100 feet per level, to any are of flames that he can see out of (see below).
Duration: Instant; counts as 1 melee attack/action. May remain in the flame to hide as long as desired.

2.Flame Vision: The hero suffers no penalties to see in areas of fire and can actually use it to enhance his vision, seeing with the equivalent of 360 degree vision. The hero can also use fires within range of his Teleporting ability to see out of as long as there is a flame for him to gaze into nearby, as if using them as windows. This uses one action and replaces his normal vision so that he cannot perform any other actions while so gazing through the flames.

3.Other Abilities and Bonuses:
+20% to Tracking when in a raging fire
Impervious to Flame and Heat, including lava and plasma
Tigerman543
D-Bee
Comment: " Never was a good war or a bad peace."-Benjamian Franklin

Unread post by Tigerman543 »

Demon Knight

Dark Armor (Major)(Counts as 2 minors)
The Character Creates Dark Energy that forms into solid armor. The Armor Changes the person into a Demon Knight. How it looks is up to the Player. The Player Gains the following Stat increases. All stats are increased to P.S. Super Strength P.P. ×2P.E. x2PB x1.5 SPD ×2 (180 flying)( Super Strength.) Natural AR 18 +50 Temporary S.D.C.
Blurring the line between magic and Supernatural Abilities.
P.P.E.100 + P.E.(While in Armour)
Manifest Dark Weapon:While wearing Demon Knight Armor can manifest A Dark melee Weapon(No Projectile Weapons.) Indestructible.
It can damage even invulnerable characters and undead.

Dark Manifestation:Opens a portal that has Dark Magic Chains appear out of the portal.They Attempt to Entangle and draw the victim down into the portal. Sapping The Strength as the Chains need 3 rounds and have (20 P.P.E. every minute per level) P.S. 30 on Contested Checks to break free.

The Chains Weaken anyone touched Doing Physical Stat Temporary loss of 1D6 for the first two rounds and 2D6 last round. The Portal Closes and enemy sealed inside taking dark energy damage 1D6 Damage per turn.

Dark orb:can heal character if he is in total darkness.( At night or underground) .4D6 S.D.C./HP Every minute per level P.P.E. co2l:20
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Tigerman543 wrote:Demon Knight

The Character Creates Dark Energy that forms into solid armor. The Armor Changes the person into a Demon Knight. How it looks is up to the Player. The Player Gains the following Stat increases. All stats are increased to P.S. Super Strength P.P. ×2P.E. x2PB x1.5 SPD ×2 (180 flying)( Super Strength.) Natural AR 18 +50 Temporary S.D.C.
P.P.E.100 + P.E.(While in Armour)
Manifest Dark Weapon:While wearing Demon Knight Armor can manifest A Dark melee Weapon(No Projectile Weapons.) Indestructible.
It can damage even invulnerable characters and undead.

Dark Manifestation:Opens a portal that has Dark Magic Chains appear out of the portal.They Attempt to Entangle and draw the victim down into the portal. Sapping The Strength as the Chains need 3 rounds and have (20 P.P.E. every minute per level) P.S. 30 on Contested Checks to break free.

The Chains Weaken anyone touched Doing Physical Stat Temporary loss of 1D6 for the first two rounds and 2D6 last round. The Portal Closes and enemy sealed inside taking dark energy damage 1D6 Damage per turn.

Dark orb:can heal character if he is in total darkness.( At night or underground) .4D6 S.D.C./HP Every minute per level P.P.E. co2l:20
This has enough sub-abilities to count as a Major. All you have done here though is bypassed the category of Enchanted Weapon and made it as a superability instead.
Tigerman543
D-Bee

Stone Gargoyle wrote:

Dark Armor (Major)
P.P.E.100 + P.E.(While in Armour.)

Dark Energy Power Punch(Pretty Much Demon Death Blow pg 89 PF Core) Charges up a fist attack Costs 3D6 P.P.E., Costs two attacks, Ignores AR, Invunerable or Supernatural beings suffer half damage, unable to Bio-Regenerate, ( A miss still costs P.P.E)

This has enough sub-abilities to count as a Major. All you have done here though is bypassed the category of Enchanted Weapon and made it as a superability instead.

I was shooting for mystically abilities as that actually gives Super powers. The Energy is Demonic in nature.

It's not a big deal the weapon as it can be dropped. As I did here still means the Character is vulnerable to many things.
Tigerman543
D-Bee

Reflect Damage(Minor)

This power reflects 25% of Damage back at the Attacker before it is resolved by the Defender. All Damage not just from physical blows but from magic and psionics as well, that do physical damage in the Discription.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Tigerman543 wrote:I was shooting for mystically abilities as that actually gives Super powers. The Energy is Demonic in nature.

It's not a big deal the weapon as it can be dropped. As I did here still means the Character is vulnerable to many things.
They already have a category that does that that is better. You seem to want to bypass the category by making a power that does what the category does.

Tigerman543 wrote:Reflect Damage(Minor)

This power reflects 25% of Damage back at the Attacker before it is resolved by the Defender. All Damage not just from physical blows but from magic and psionics as well, that do physical damage in the Discription.
This needs a lot of work to make it a feasible power. I would make it so a saving throw is required vs whatever type of damage is being reflected, just for starters.
Tigerman543
D-Bee

Whelp then it defeats the purpose of making new powers if simply you cant choose mystical powers for a magic Super hero no I'm not bypassing anything some powers are good choices and it's just not limited In the Magic Catagory to a Magic Weapon or Object. Mystical powers are granted to you.(thus you pick Super Powers kinda like Shazzam.") Pg. 144 Explains it all pretty much.

The Super powers should reflect the Character. Dms have final say but the reality is that if you can't do anything " Been Done." You really kill the interest of people even trying.

I doubt anyone would try to make a Character around Zero Fate and the Endless Bladeworks or any of the Characters or abilities.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

I am simply giving you feedback. If you can't handle criticism then maybe you shouldn't post.
taalismn
Priest

Tigerman543 wrote:
I doubt anyone would try to make a Character around Zero Fate and the Endless Bladeworks or any of the Characters or abilities.

There's an Endless Bladeworks power?(and I missed it?)
Or are you referring to the Infinite Bladeworks series?
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

I understand the desire to make powers that emulate ones we've seen on TV or in comics, but you have to remember you are supposed to be making something using a set of rules and game mechanics, not writing materials that are meant to ignore or sidestep said mechanics.
Crimson Dynamo
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Crimson Dynamo »

I mean, technically, that's exactly what superpowers (and magic) are at their heart: Sidestepping mechanics.

I get what you're saying, though.
taalismn
Priest

The Character Creates Dark Energy that forms into solid armor. The Armor Changes the person into a Demon Knight. How it looks is up to the Player..

This suggests a class...what really is a 'Demon Knight'? Does this mean the super being acquires demonic and supernatural evil traits, or shows up in See Aura or detect alignment abilities as demonic? Or is this power only available to beings fo certain alignments? And does it corrupt beings of a Good alignment who take it?
Suppose the character doesn't want to look like a 'Demon Knight'; can they appear as angelic or paladin-like? If so, what is 'demon' about the power?

Tigerman543 wrote: The Player Gains the following Stat increases. All stats are increased to P.S. Super Strength P.P. ×2P.E. x2PB x1.5 SPD ×2 (180 flying)( Super Strength.) Natural AR 18 +50 Temporary S.D.C.

Is there a that great a difference between magic and supernatural abilities? And it really doesn't show in the description. I'd expect a blurring of lines to have the power confer Supernatural Strength and other recognizable supernatural/magic properties in a. Major Power.

When I see 'dark energy', I start thinking in cosmological terms about cosmic /exotic 'dark matter/ energy', but the inference in your description is of a more demonic nature(unless it's some sort of slang...we have Maxwell's Demon in thermodynamics after all...).
A power based on cosmological dark energy I'd expect to have different abilities. This rather falls short of that and what I'd consider 'demonic'.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Psychic Imprint(Minor)
“Hold it, guys! I just got a feeling....like Allison was here...yeah, she was definitely here by this rock....and she was being chased by -something-.”

This pseudo/near-psychic superpower allows the possessor to imprint their lifeforce on an object or location such that others touching it may get a general impression and sense of the person. In this way the superbeing may be able to leave a message to others, a psychic ‘trail of breadcrumbs’ or a self-memorial.
Nonpsychics will only get a general sense of the emotion(love, fear, desperation) the imprinter put into the imprint; if they were familiar with the person, they will experience a moment of deja vu recalling the specific person.
Those with psychic abilities will be able to pick up more detail. Those with Detect Psionics, See Aura, Telepathy or Empathy will be able to discern the physical state of the imprinter, what they were doing at the time, and what they were about to do . Those with Read Object will be able to pick up more articulate messages; the equivalent of a short sentence( such as “I’m heading for Tulsa’, ‘Roger did it’, or ‘Beware Shoggoths’) or a brief image per level of experience of the imprinter.
Range: An object by touch or a 5 ft area per level level of experience
Duration: The imprint lasts a month per level of experience, +1 day per point of the character’s M.E. before it begins deteriorating; 10% per month....so that for a 5th level character with an M.E. of 12 after 5 months and 12 days past duration, those who encounter the imprint would only have a 50% chance of correctly interpreting the imprint, and so forth. One it reaches zero, only a vague feeling may linger in the area/on the object. The super being may make the imprint ‘permanent’ with a lifespan of decades or even centuries for the permanent loss of 1 point of M.E.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

taalismn wrote:Psychic Imprint(Minor)
“Hold it, guys! I just got a feeling....like Allison was here...yeah, she was definitely here by this rock....and she was being chased by -something-.”

This pseudo/near-psychic superpower allows the possessor to imprint their lifeforce on an object or location such that others touching it may get a general impression and sense of the person. In this way the superbeing may be able to leave a message to others, a psychic ‘trail of breadcrumbs’ or a self-memorial.
Nonpsychics will only get a general sense of the emotion(love, fear, desperation) the imprinter put into the imprint; if they were familiar with the person, they will experience a moment of deja vu recalling the specific person.
Those with psychic abilities will be able to pick up more detail. Those with Detect Psionics, See Aura, Telepathy or Empathy will be able to discern the physical state of the imprinter, what they were doing at the time, and what they were about to do . Those with Read Object will be able to pick up more articulate messages; the equivalent of a short sentence( such as “I’m heading for Tulsa’, ‘Roger did it’, or ‘Beware Shoggoths’) or a brief image per level of experience of the imprinter.
Range: An object by touch or a 5 ft area per level level of experience
Duration: The imprint lasts a month per level of experience, +1 day per point of the character’s M.E. before it begins deteriorating; 10% per month....so that for a 5th level character with an M.E. of 12 after 5 months and 12 days past duration, those who encounter the imprint would only have a 50% chance of correctly interpreting the imprint, and so forth. One it reaches zero, only a vague feeling may linger in the area/on the object. The super being may make the imprint ‘permanent’ with a lifespan of decades or even centuries for the permanent loss of 1 point of M.E.
Was this adapted from a spell? It sure reads like a spell more than a super ability.
taalismn
Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
taalismn wrote:Psychic Imprint(Minor).
Was this adapted from a spell? It sure reads like a spell more than a super ability.

Nope...straight to superpower...I'm out of practice.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Ordered a laptop from Newegg after getting the refund from Amazon.
The_Judge_83
D-Bee

Unread post by The_Judge_83 »

I have a question about one of the powers in powers unlimited 3 and couldn't find a better place to ask this question so I hope this is ok. Self-explosion has an ability called explosive touch. It seems pretty basic you touch something, it explodes, and does very little damage to anything else because of how precise it is. Well my problems are this, if describes it as touching a lock and it explodes, or touching someones armor or gun and it exploding, but it also lists damages associated with the power. So do I roll damage and if the damage is high enough the target explodes, or is the damage simply there to determine the miniscule amount of damage the nearby things take? Like the description reads that the thing you use the power on just explodes, but it never really explains what function the damage di e play in this. If anyone has any help it would be appreciated. Thank you.
Kendragon333
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Kendragon333 »

The_Judge_83 wrote:I have a question about one of the powers in powers unlimited 3 and couldn't find a better place to ask this question so I hope this is ok. Self-explosion has an ability called explosive touch. It seems pretty basic you touch something, it explodes, and does very little damage to anything else because of how precise it is. Well my problems are this, if describes it as touching a lock and it explodes, or touching someones armor or gun and it exploding, but it also lists damages associated with the power. So do I roll damage and if the damage is high enough the target explodes, or is the damage simply there to determine the miniscule amount of damage the nearby things take? Like the description reads that the thing you use the power on just explodes, but it never really explains what function the damage di e play in this. If anyone has any help it would be appreciated. Thank you.

Actually, you should have created a new thread to ask your question. This thread is for new powers people have written up themselves.
However, to answer your question: When something explodes, it blows out pieces of debris which can injure people nearby, as well as creating heat and potentially fire in the explosion. Those things are what create additional damage from the explosion.

- Stone Gargoyle
The_Judge_83
D-Bee

Unread post by The_Judge_83 »

Perhaps I should clarify my question earlier. It says it makes the target explode and lets say that I chose a target's armor, while the armor explodes the person inside only takes 10% damage according to the rules in the power because of how precise the explosion is. The power entry also lists variable amounts of damage the hero can cause with it up to 2D4x10. So the question is, if the hero successfully touches a targets armor with this explosive touch which of these things happen?
1. The armor takes 2D4x10 damage and since that isn't enough to destroy it then that's it
2. The armor takes 2D4x10 damage blowing pieces of it off, like plates and fragments and chips but still remains with whatever sdc it has left and the wearer takes 10% of what damage was done to the armor
Or 3. The armor explodes, damage is rolled so that you can apply 10% of it to the wearer?
Thank hou for your time and assistance.
Kendragon333
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Kendragon333 »

I reiterate, this is not the place to ask the question. Please start your own thread if you want answers to your question. Don't hijack this one.
jlm2924
D-Bee
Comment: "A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men."
-Willy Wonka

Unread post by jlm2924 »

I have an idea, that is not necessarily a power, but a new metric. I do something called reputation or REP. How this works is if the citizenry has heard of you as a hero. Here is how it works. At level 2+ you gain 7% per level. At level 1 they have 0% and level 15 has 98%. I give this to all the Heroes in my game. In a way, it's like a power in that the people might recognize you and the media will print stories of you.

Now I do have a power to contribute. This power comes from an old hero of mine who was a dimwit, but the media and the people loved him.

Media Magnet (Minor)
The hero is super popular amongst the media. Add +10% per level to the character's reputation score. The media is always printing stories about the Hero/Villain and this character has a fan following. Add +$1,000/month for donations and other social media funding.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

You should start a new topic to discuss this since you are basing it off of your own house rules and not the existing rules.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”