Gravity Plane Question

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Gravity Plane Question

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

Here's a quick one. Can you use Gravity plane to effect someone else or does it just effect the hero who has it?

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
NMI
OLD ONE

Re: Gravity Plane Question

Unread post by NMI »

Affect others or yourself.

Powers Unlimited 1, pg 29 wrote:Can be cast up to 200 feet (61 m) away, line of sight.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Daniel Stoker
Knight

The Deific NMI wrote:Affect others or yourself.

Powers Unlimited 1, pg 29 wrote:Can be cast up to 200 feet (61 m) away, line of sight.

I noticed the distance, but it doesn't say others... and the damage line where it lists it as

Damage: None, except for a possible fall if the plane is canceled or one steps out of it by accident

Daniel Stoker
Yukon
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Yukon »

Daniel Stoker wrote:

I noticed the distance, but it doesn't say others... and the damage line where it lists it as
what would be the point to cast it 200 feet away if it can only affect the user?
Damage: None, except for a possible fall if the plane is canceled or one steps out of it by accident

that could happen to anyone.. what does it have to do with affecting user only?
Tyciol wrote:In fact, many of these powers seem pretty useless except for neat ways of thinking of killing civilians.
Daniel Stoker
Knight

Yukon wrote:
Daniel Stoker wrote:

what would be the point to cast it 200 feet away if it can only affect the user?

that could happen to anyone.. what does it have to do with affecting user only?

Uh... because it doesn't say anything about falling UP and taking damage if it's created above a person. The two examples are all something that can be done by the creator, and doesn't make any mention of someone else.

Daniel Stoker
Prince Cherico
Hero
Comment: Remember also that the smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights, cannot claim to be defenders of minorities
Ayn Rand

Unread post by Prince Cherico »

I love gravity plane it goes great with gravity manipulation

yes put it on the ceiling and some poor smuck will fall up
then he when you cancel it he will fall down, mixed with
gravity manipulation and you can rip people apart. 8-)
Svartalf- if Cherico were a character created in a point game system, he'd have all his scores in geeky skills and his youtube and weird net stuff schticks all paid through a a Terminal Bad Luck (with more nasty GM intervention) disadvantage, and probably an Uncouth (can not have social skills) disad as well...
In an RPG with deadly situations that character would have had to be replaced a dozen times over[
Daniel Stoker
Knight

I THOUGHT it should effect others besides the creator, but with the way it worded it I just couldn't say for sure, so I thought I'd double check on the boards. Now can he make it JUST effect himself, or does it automatically effect others?

Daniel Stoker
Carmen
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Carmen »

Hey I can tell you it effects EVERYONE and EVERYTHING in its established (by the hero) area of effect. THanks Carmen :-P

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”