Immune to psionics and Illusion power

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Duskviper
Wanderer

Immune to psionics and Illusion power

Unread post by Duskviper »

If someone is Immune to Psionics, or a sentient A.I. are they immune to the major power of Illusions? I know the Minor power of Immune to psionics does not include illusions that are not psionic but gives a +2 against them. But what about sentient A.I. android/robot characters?
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Immune to psionics and Illusion power

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

IP power, no, but they get an extra +2 to save vs them, and will only suffer the DBI effects half as long as the text indicate.
Sentient AI's: It depends on the GM's ruling whether or not the power is only a super power or is really a psionic. If a power they are not immune. If a psionic they are immune since it has a saving throw.

As a GM I would make SAI's immune from the DBI effects of the Illusion sub-effect.

sidenote: It would be nice if you list what books the powers you are asking about are in.
Last edited by drewkitty ~..~ on Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Duskviper
Wanderer

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:IP power, no, but they get an extra +2 to save vs them, and will only suffer the DBI effects half as long as the text indicate.
Sentient AI's: It depends on the GM's ruling whether or not the power is only a super power or is real a psionic. If a power they are not immune. If a psionic they are immune since it has a saving throw.

As a GM I would make SAI's immune from the DBI effects of the Illusion sub-effect.

sidenote: It would be nice if you list what books the powers you are asking about are in.

ok will do, and thank you for the info
Duskviper
Wanderer

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:IP power, no, but they get an extra +2 to save vs them, and will only suffer the DBI effects half as long as the text indicate.
Sentient AI's: It depends on the GM's ruling whether or not the power is only a super power or is real a psionic. If a power they are not immune. If a psionic they are immune since it has a saving throw.

How far away can a person see the illusion created from the Illusion Power? is it limited to their line of sight? Because the ranges in the power only say how far each part of the power can be used.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

From a GM's PoV I would say it would be LoS and Line of Video. I don't see any text saying that cameras can't see them.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Duskviper
Wanderer

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:From a GM's PoV I would say it would be LoS and Line of Video. I don't see any text saying that cameras can't see them.

Thank you.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

It would depend on the nature of the illusion, whether mental or some form of energy and light manipulation. Things like this can be worked out between the player and the GM.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Stone Gargoyle wrote:It would depend on the nature of the illusion, whether mental or some form of energy and light manipulation. Things like this can be worked out between the player and the GM.

From earlier...
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Sentient AI's: It depends on the GM's ruling whether or not the power is only a super power or is really a psionic.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Drewkitty~..~, we're in agreement, so why are you arguing?
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Do you like being ignored? Or not acknowledged?
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Do you like being ignored? Or not acknowledged?
I wasn't ignoring you. I was just sharing my opinion as separate from yours. I apologize if it seemed like I was ignoring you.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

*nods*

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”