Sturctural collateral damage

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Thom001
Explorer

Sturctural collateral damage

Unread post by Thom001 »

Hey everyone, in your HU game how does your setting (city, town, etc) handle the damage caused by the fighting of heroes vs villians? Is there some kind of rainy day fund to recoup the costs? Do taxes go up? Is it just not a mechanic in your game? Something else? Please share. Thanks.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Re: Sturctural collateral damage

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

My games have a group similar to Damage Control in Marvel Comics, a group that goes around assessing and repairing damage caused by super powered characters. And most damage to private property is covered by insurance the same way many natural disasters are. Some damage is not, in cases where people live in areas where high numbers superpowered characters live, or if the super powered character is trying to insure his or her own property.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Thom001
Explorer

Unread post by Thom001 »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:My games have a group similar to Damage Control in Marvel Comics, a group that goes around assessing and repairing damage caused by super powered characters. And most damage to private property is covered by insurance the same way many natural disasters are. Some damage is not, in cases where people live in areas where high numbers superpowered characters live, or if the super powered character is trying to insure his or her own property.

So do supers have some kind of registry they have to be on? I guess I'm asking because how would the insurance company know the person intending to get insurance is a super?
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

Thom001 wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:My games have a group similar to Damage Control in Marvel Comics, a group that goes around assessing and repairing damage caused by super powered characters. And most damage to private property is covered by insurance the same way many natural disasters are. Some damage is not, in cases where people live in areas where high numbers superpowered characters live, or if the super powered character is trying to insure his or her own property.

So do supers have some kind of registry they have to be on? I guess I'm asking because how would the insurance company know the person intending to get insurance is a super?
The government requires them to register, but of course many do not. Generally anyone who is an experiment, bionics or eugenics is automatically registered if the company responsible for their abilities is honest. With mutants, of their mutations are obvious they have to register. People with purple skin do not "blend in".
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”