Immortal Mega-Power

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

lbeaumanior
Wanderer

Immortal Mega-Power

Unread post by lbeaumanior »

Does the Immortal Mega-Power confer regeneration normally? I am confused about this text (emphasis mine):

One hour after awakening from the healing coma, the immortal
can bio-regenerate as normal
(2D6 Hit Points or 3D6 S.D.C.
every 10 minutes - or roughly 1D6x10 H.P. or 2D4x10 S.D.C.
per hour).

It grants regeneration during the healing coma, but the texts implies that the normal healing rate is the one in bio-regeneration.
Last edited by lbeaumanior on Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Re: Immortal Mega-Power

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

lbeaumanior wrote:Does the Immortal Mega-Power confer regeneration normally? I am confused about this text:

can bio-regenerate as normal (2D6 Hit Points or 3D6 S.D.C.
per hour).

It grants regeneration during the healing coma, but the texts implies that the normal healing rate is the one in bio-regeneration.
It does? That might be a good thing to have then.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
lbeaumanior
Wanderer

Unread post by lbeaumanior »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
lbeaumanior wrote:Does the Immortal Mega-Power confer regeneration normally? I am confused about this text:

can bio-regenerate as norma
l (2D6 Hit Points or 3D6 S.D.C.
per hour).

It does? That might be a good thing to have then.

I am not sure it does, I am looking for confirmation.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

That is what appears to say.
And that they reg-missing organs over 72 hours. (the next paragraph.)

Looking at it as a GM, if this was chosen I'd might require a 2nd mega-hero vulnerability since it is stacking at least two major powers into the one MHP.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Razorwing
Hero

Unread post by Razorwing »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:That is what appears to say.
And that they reg-missing organs over 72 hours. (the next paragraph.)

Looking at it as a GM, if this was chosen I'd might require a 2nd mega-hero vulnerability since it is stacking at least two major powers into the one MHP.

I thought Immortality required 2 Vulnerabilities automatically... I am sure it says so in the description.
There are three types of people in the world; those who can count and those who can't.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Nope, not specifically,
In the preface to the AHs it does say to the effect that GMs might want to assign more AH's to a char because of the power level of the char.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Rogerd
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Rogerd »

Why not have it confer quantum immortality?
Similar to what Achilles had in Dan Simmons duology.
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

lbeaumanior wrote:Does the Immortal Mega-Power confer regeneration normally? I am confused about this text (emphasis mine):

per hour).

Mega-Heroes already have a higher rate of healing compared to the normal rate. Perhaps the text is referring to that ability.
Hell knight
Explorer

Unread post by Hell knight »

The Beast wrote:
lbeaumanior wrote:Does the Immortal Mega-Power confer regeneration normally? I am confused about this text (emphasis mine):

per hour).

Mega-Heroes already have a higher rate of healing compared to the normal rate. Perhaps the text is referring to that ability.

I do not think so as the normal healing is only 2 to 5 times that of a normal human which is 2 to 4 points per day , some the god ling and demigod mega hero can easly have over hundred hp an 1000 sdc , which would take weeks to recover . and there an npc that says he regens every 10min as part of the immortal power. I believe the power was edited poorly as the description of the power is more clearer in skraypers .
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Going with what the book says.....

per hour).

...the Mega Hero with the MH Immortality power has a different healing ability than other MH's.

And as the book says, the regeneration ability is done after the healing coma.

per 10 min :
HP heal is 2-12 x6 ---> 12-72 when expanded to a full hour.
SDC heal is 3-18 x6 ---> 18-108 when expanded to a full hour.

the listed one hour rolls are:
HP 10-60
SDC. 20-80
Hell knight
Explorer

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Going with what the book says.....

per hour).

...the Mega Hero with the MH Immortality power has a different healing ability than other MH's.

per 10 min :

HP 10-60
SDC. 20-80

My book do not say done after the healing coma . It goes on to talk about if they suffocate .
fbdaury
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by fbdaury »

Due to the superlative quality <cough>Sarcasm<cough> of Pal Books writing, it is somewhat murky as to how fast Immortals normally heal, but given the text in the book, I take it to mean that barring Grievous Injury that sends them into a regenerative coma and, for a set period of time after they awaken from said coma, they Normally heal at the mentioned rate of 2d6 hit points or 3d6 S.D.C. every ten minutes - not as quickly as some of the regenerative major powers but it does have that added bonus of uhm... bringing you back from beyond death except under some pretty extreme circumstances.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

I always read it as the bio-regeneration listed happens always as it is the normal rate, and they simply akwardly placed it.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Hell knight wrote:
The Beast wrote:

per hour).

I do not think so as the normal healing is only 2 to 5 times that of a normal human which is 2 to 4 points per day , some the god ling and demigod mega hero can easly have over hundred hp an 1000 sdc , which would take weeks to recover . and there an npc that says he regens every 10min as part of the immortal power. I believe the power was edited poorly as the description of the power is more clearer in skraypers .

Is it the same power though?
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

per hour).

per 10 min :

HP 10-60
SDC. 20-80

I highlighted the quote (so it will be easy to find) where is says where is says that the MH with Immortaly power bio-reign. starts up one hour after the healing coma.
Hell knight
Explorer

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:

per hour).

per 10 min :

HP 10-60
SDC. 20-80

I highlighted the quote (so it will be easy to find) where is says where is says that the MH with Immortaly power bio-reign. starts up one hour after the healing coma.

Yes but that the thing it says regen as normal so my take is he regen hp and sdc every 10 min when injured if in the coma or not.

The rifts description of the power is better written so as i said before probably bad editing in the hu book.
Hell knight
Explorer

Nekira Sudacne wrote:I always read it as the bio-regeneration listed happens always as it is the normal rate, and they simply akwardly placed it.

Yep that my take bad editing as it better written in skratpers .
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

It appears that my copy of the scrapers was sold off, and because you have not quoted what the Scrapers book says to support your argument, I can't agree with you. Soo...I'm not going to argue with you.

All I'll say is that whatever the scrapers book says, it was made non-canon once the HU2 core book was published. Bad editing or not, what is in the HU2 core book is what is the official canon for Mega Heroes.
Hell knight
Explorer

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:It appears that my copy of the scrapers was sold off, and because you have not quoted what the Scrapers book says to support your argument, I can't agree with you. Soo...I'm not going to argue with you.

All I'll say is that whatever the scrapers book says, it was made non-canon once the HU2 core book was published. Bad editing or not, what is in the HU2 core book is what is the official canon for Mega Heroes.

Sorry i should of done some quote , first Skraypers came out in may and heroes in march . And i messed up as it is the power description for in a mdc/rifts setting so it was probably changed for that. Sorry once again so i will just end it here .
JTwig
Adventurer
Comment: Molon Labe

Unread post by JTwig »

fbdaury wrote:Due to the superlative quality <cough>Sarcasm<cough> of Pal Books writing, it is somewhat murky as to how fast Immortals normally heal, but given the text in the book, I take it to mean that barring Grievous Injury that sends them into a regenerative coma and, for a set period of time after they awaken from said coma, they Normally heal at the mentioned rate of 2d6 hit points or 3d6 S.D.C. every ten minutes - not as quickly as some of the regenerative major powers but it does have that added bonus of uhm... bringing you back from beyond death except under some pretty extreme circumstances.

The ambiguity often found in Palladium books is both a blessing and a curse; when I was new to the system it use to drive me insane, but now that I have decades (gasp!) of experience with the system I enjoy it.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”