Quick Question: Line Transit

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Malakai
Dungeon Crawler

Quick Question: Line Transit

Unread post by Malakai »

this power gives some odd and seemingly conflicting information:

Travel speed: 1 mile/action
Duration: 1 melee round per level
Range: up to 100 miles with little difficulty, but theoretically thousands of miles if the connection is there.
Navigation: Traveling a distance greater than 100 miles (160 km) requires line
navigation - Base Skill: 55% +4% per level experience (-5% penalty for every 300 miles/480 km of distance). A failed roll means the character emerges 3-18 miles (4.8 to 29 km) from his target location (roll 3D6 to determine the distance).

These 4 things do not seem to add up: Even given a character with 10 attacks a round, it would take him getting to 10th level before he could POSSIBLY go 100 miles, based on limits of duration and speed, let alone far enough to make use of the "-5% per every 300 miles". So, which part is the broken/incorrect one? is the duration supposed to be in some other time frame? is the speed supposed to be faster? Is the range listed too far?

I tend to think the last one not a serious possibility, given the amount of other things that refer to such distance, but what says the community?
"Rifts Earth is alot more scary when you realize that its effectively people with the education level of retarded children running around with military grade ordinance." - Taylor White

Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood.

H. L. Mencken
US editor (1880 - 1956)
Incriptus
Hero
Comment: Hey, relaaaax. Pretend it's a game. Maybe it'll even be fun
Shoot the tubes, Dogmeat!

Re: Quick Question: Line Transit

Unread post by Incriptus »

I have no strong opinions on it except to say that you're correct something doesn't add up

My house rule position ... ignore the duration. I feel this happens a lot where they give a power that you can use at will a duration.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Re: Quick Question: Line Transit

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

Incriptus wrote:I have no strong opinions on it except to say that you're correct something doesn't add up

My house rule position ... ignore the duration. I feel this happens a lot where they give a power that you can use at will a duration.
I agree. As written the power is too limited.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”