mega hero skills class question

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Knight_General
Wanderer

mega hero skills class question

Unread post by Knight_General »

alright in order to make a dual-class hero one class needs to be a skills class. what defines a skill class?
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Re: mega hero skills class question

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

You don't, assuming you mean using the optional rule from The Rifter. You shoud ask your gm whats acceptable. Generally, I think it means a class that doesn't get super abilities, like a mage or hardware or things like the supersleuth or ancient Master classes.
So then you combine that with a class like mutant or experiment.

Like a favorite idea of mine to have a mage have a magic Weapon of Order that doesn't give them more spellcasting. As an example.
Or like a Hardware Character who's experiments accidently game them Extraorsinary IQ, healing factor and Create force field powers. So they have raw power in addition to their inventions.
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

I have done a Physical Training character with a Magically Bestowed Weapon. The most common thing, though, is to do a Hardware character with powers (either a Mutant or Experiment category).
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

I tend to divide characters into three basic groups: skilled/learned, powered, and gadget. A guy with a magic sword falls into gadget, and so does a robot pilot or a Super Invention wielder. All the Special Training classes, Natural Genius, Mystic Study, and straight Hardware classes fit as skilled/learned. Powered fits most of the rest Psychic, Mutant, Experiment, Bionics, etc.

The above is just what makes sense to me. I'm more likely to allow a character to double up classes that make sense to me. A Mutant Detective, Hardware character with an Exoskeleton or Super Invention, or Ancient Weapon Master with an Enchanted weapon or Super Invention is more likely to make the cut over a Mutant/Mystic Bestowed.

I try to stay away from mis/maxes.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”