Board index » SDC Worlds » Heroes Unlimited™

Unread postPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:18 pm

Wanderer

I have built a dual class super invention mechanical genius (Powers unlimited 2)/robotics character (heroes unlimited 2nd edition) from what i understand i only have the budget for the robotics side of the character, which totals 13.5 million dollars. i made a very similar character and my GM said that i had 65 million dollars to spend.

my understanding is that i only get a 50% increase to the budget which comes out to like $20,250,000, but i would not get that due to being a dual class hero right?

now my question is, what is the budget for a robotics mega-hero?

Unread postPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:23 am

Palladin

Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.
From what I understand (and I could be wrong)
The Dual Class characters don't follow the normal boosts.
So instead of getting the +50% budget you still just have the 13.5 million.
You also, From what I understand, don't get the other normal Mega Hero perks and boosts.
INSTEAD of those perks (a Mega Power, +50% to your stats, budgets ect) you get your second power category.
It is an either/or situation not a both.

The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Unread postPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:08 pm

Wanderer

right, but the question was how much does a mega hero get? i understand that a dual class hero would not get the extra stuff. i mean at the max the mega robotics hero i think gets 20,250,000 to spend on stuff for their creation(s).

Unread postPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:44 pm

Wanderer

i understand that a dual class hero would not get the bonus 50% to budget what i was wondering was how much a mega robotics hero gets based on 13.5 million?

Unread postPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:01 pm

Wanderer

right i know it is not both, but the question is what is the budget for a mega robotics hero?

Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:57 pm

Wanderer

i did some asking around with people i know and they said that a mega robotics character gets 20,250,000 dollars to work with for a mega robotics character.

Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:48 pm

Palladin

Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.
Knight_General wrote:
i did some asking around with people i know and they said that a mega robotics character gets 20,250,000 dollars to work with for a mega robotics character.

Yes, a single class Mega-Robot would get up to 20million.
A dual-class mega-robot would cap out at 13million.

The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."