ancient weapon master

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Steinerwan
D-Bee

ancient weapon master

Unread post by Steinerwan »

If a character has the hardware spuper power cataegory and somehow manages to get a skill program that he can use to take the ancient weapons master power category, does he give up his modern weapons or keep them since he was using those first before becoming an ancient weapons master?
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Re: ancient weapon master

Unread post by eliakon »

Steinerwan wrote:If a character has the hardware spuper power cataegory and somehow manages to get a skill program that he can use to take the ancient weapons master power category, does he give up his modern weapons or keep them since he was using those first before becoming an ancient weapons master?

Since this is totally in the realm of a house rule to be able to do that in the first place...
...it would be solely up to the discretion of the GM who made the house rule on how that particular house rule would work at their table.

My two cents? You are what it says on the tin. You want to be an AM, you get AM with all the upsides... and the downsides.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
zerombr
Adventurer
Comment: Rifter Contributer 79, 81,82,83,84

Unread post by zerombr »

indeed Eliakon. This is not possible by the rules. Also, gaining a skill program is not the same as an entire power category.
"The Guides to the Megaverse(tm)" Podcast at https://guidesmegaverse.podbean.com/
Author of "Setting the Stage" - Rifter 79, "Hitting the Streets" - Rifter 81, "Hitting the Gym" - Rifter 82
"Saving the World", and "On the Hunt" - Rifter 83
and lastly, my baby, my long term project... The Dark City of Cascade - Rifter 84.
pad300
Wanderer

Unread post by pad300 »

As a second power category, the combination is weird. If you wanted to take a character in that direction, I would look at the rules for crossing over Ninja's and Superspies Martial arts, either in terms of time "off" (on sabbatical from the main campaign) to do the studying (N&S gives times in years to learn), or the cost in skills/skill programs (I've seen those somewhere, it might be in the N&S main book ... but it might not be there)).

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”