Tiny Robots

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

EricvonEric
D-Bee

Tiny Robots

Unread post by EricvonEric »

I recently created a Hardware character for Heroes, and thought it would be fun to build him a tiny robot sidekick out of his budget. But I could not find any rules for making small robots. The robot sections only included body types for human sized or larger robots. Basically it would be an autonomous recon unit with insect legs and drone heli-blades. Is there another book I can use to create this or do I have to wait for the Hardware Unlimited book to see the light of day?
pad300
Wanderer

Re: Tiny Robots

Unread post by pad300 »

EricvonEric wrote:I recently created a Hardware character for Heroes, and thought it would be fun to build him a tiny robot sidekick out of his budget. But I could not find any rules for making small robots. The robot sections only included body types for human sized or larger robots. Basically it would be an autonomous recon unit with insect legs and drone heli-blades. Is there another book I can use to create this or do I have to wait for the Hardware Unlimited book to see the light of day?

If I recall correctly, issue 6 of the Rifter had an article with HU insect sized robots.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

There is a removable probe option in the Robotics section I think. I've always used the cost of this as the body for the robot and worked from there. Tiny robots of insect size will not be cheaper though, since you basically have to build the robot as usual for the prototype and then build a second unit in miniature.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer
Comment: "Incredible Cosmic Power! ...teeny tiny living space."

Unread post by Gryphon Chick »

pad300 wrote:If I recall correctly, issue 6 of the Rifter had an article with HU insect sized robots.
I'm going to have to see if I can locate a copy.
"Sorry, I'm busy tonight...Same thing I do every night...Trying the take over the world..."
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

EricvonEric wrote:I recently created a Hardware character for Heroes, and thought it would be fun to build him a tiny robot sidekick out of his budget. But I could not find any rules for making small robots. The robot sections only included body types for human sized or larger robots. Basically it would be an autonomous recon unit with insect legs and drone heli-blades. Is there another book I can use to create this or do I have to wait for the Hardware Unlimited book to see the light of day?

Robotics Category (HU2E pg202) under Section A Body Frames see: Animal Bots, Life Like Style.

You'd be restricted to about the size of a Cat. Purchase the Insect Legs and concealed Helicopter/VTOL or Hover Jet Systems (Selection C).

Rifts Source Book 1 has Insect frames IIRC for Robot RCC, but you'd have to do some conversion.

You might also be able to use the "detachable remote controlled limb" (pg204), though as someone else pointed out the Remote Probe is also a good starting place (even noted in its description it can be customized w/various additional features).

IIRC one of the Powers Unlimited Books (#2?) adds the option/category to make Super Powered Inventions, so you could construct a regular size bot, give it the Super Power of "Shrink" (Major). Here you'd have to do more research, I don't have PU series.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”