Longest Heroes Unlimited game?

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Tick
Megaversal® Ambassador

Longest Heroes Unlimited game?

Unread post by Tick »

I'm curious to know what is the longest heroes unlimited game ever played by people.

We only play a few hours at a time.
But the current campaign has been running for over a year!
you can check it out http://strangecorpseposse.blogspot.ca
Fermat
Explorer

Re: Longest Heroes Unlimited game?

Unread post by Fermat »

Over 6 years, paying a little less than once a week.
Vincent Takeda
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: 44 years in denver, but now in grand rapids.

Unread post by Vincent Takeda »

Kinda hard for me to say 'single campaign' since our style is more sandbox than story arc, but I have several characters that have been through over 12 years of active play.

Edit: gone back through my documentation. Seems like my longest running pair was only from 2007 to 2011, so only 5 years active, though the characters themselves are still 'alive', so are still 12 years old. Definitely not 12 active years.
Last edited by Vincent Takeda on Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
filo_clarke
Adventurer

Unread post by filo_clarke »

Every Friday night for 3 years. The current WWII+Supers game is finally wrapping up, with the timeline being well into 1944, but the PCs have been in every theater of war since late 1938!
zerombr
Adventurer
Comment: Rifter Contributer 79, 81,82,83,84

Unread post by zerombr »

I have one character that I've played on and off for 20 years, and has reached level 15 through shenanigans. And her story still gets told from time to time. The GM said eventually she'd be fazed out, but she still has a daughter to find in the far off realm of Palladium Fantasy
"The Guides to the Megaverse(tm)" Podcast at https://guidesmegaverse.podbean.com/
Author of "Setting the Stage" - Rifter 79, "Hitting the Streets" - Rifter 81, "Hitting the Gym" - Rifter 82
"Saving the World", and "On the Hunt" - Rifter 83
and lastly, my baby, my long term project... The Dark City of Cascade - Rifter 84.
SpiritInterface
Hero

Unread post by SpiritInterface »

Every Saturday for 8+ hours for 8 and a half years.
Veni Vidi Vici
Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem
Sic vis pacem, Para bellum
Audentes fortuna iuvat
O Tolmon Nika
Oderint Dum Metuant
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Jack Burton »

zerombr wrote:I have one character that I've played on and off for 20 years, and has reached level 15 through shenanigans. And her story still gets told from time to time. The GM said eventually she'd be fazed out, but she still has a daughter to find in the far off realm of Palladium Fantasy

Sounds interesting. What character class?
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

filo_clarke wrote:Every Friday night for 3 years. The current WWII+Supers game is finally wrapping up, with the timeline being well into 1944, but the PCs have been in every theater of war since late 1938!

This is the campaign that I have wanted to run for years now but I can never find a group that can keep going with it.

I would really love to see someone create a couple HU source book for the 1930's and WWII. I think it would probably sell really well.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
filo_clarke
Adventurer

Unread post by filo_clarke »

Warshield73 wrote:
filo_clarke wrote:Every Friday night for 3 years. The current WWII+Supers game is finally wrapping up, with the timeline being well into 1944, but the PCs have been in every theater of war since late 1938!

This is the campaign that I have wanted to run for years now but I can never find a group that can keep going with it.

I would really love to see someone create a couple HU source book for the 1930's and WWII. I think it would probably sell really well.

Well, without naming any, there are game companies producing adventures like this. I have simply adapted the scenarios to the HU rules. Works fine.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

filo_clarke wrote:
Warshield73 wrote:

Well, without naming any, there are game companies producing adventures like this. I have simply adapted the scenarios to the HU rules. Works fine.

I actually have a few of these but still would like PB specific stats and HU specific changes to the Heroes.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
zerombr
Adventurer

Unread post by zerombr »

Jack Burton wrote:
zerombr wrote:I have one character that I've played on and off for 20 years, and has reached level 15 through shenanigans. And her story still gets told from time to time. The GM said eventually she'd be fazed out, but she still has a daughter to find in the far off realm of Palladium Fantasy

Sounds interesting. What character class?

Tessa Goodchild, my heroes unlimited Mystic Weapon character who graduated into actual Magic. aka The Mystic of Century Station
"The Guides to the Megaverse(tm)" Podcast at https://guidesmegaverse.podbean.com/
Author of "Setting the Stage" - Rifter 79, "Hitting the Streets" - Rifter 81, "Hitting the Gym" - Rifter 82
and lastly, my baby, my long term project... The Dark City of Cascade - Rifter 84.
Augur
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Creator of the best PBP sites online: Explorers Unlimited & Savage Rifts

Unread post by Augur »

I have a PBP Galactic Campaign that's been running constantly for nearly a decade now.
ImageImageImage
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

We ran a WWII HU game that lasted about three months I believed and that's doing about 4-5 hours every Monday night.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

I ran my Metro City campaign off and on for three years, then a campaign based off it for about six months. Most of my other campaigns have only lasted less than a year.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Marcantony
Adventurer

Unread post by Marcantony »

5 hours once a fortnight for 5 years.
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

Our current campaign is at 27 games, each 6 hours long. It's not long by many other's standards but it's the longest campaign (hours-wise) I've ever run.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
Tick
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Tick »

:ok: Wow! I never thought that people could hold friends that long in the game. A sign of great friends and a captivating Game Master!
zerombr
Adventurer

Unread post by zerombr »

my group has been together in one form or another for over 20 years now.
csyphrett
Adventurer

Unread post by csyphrett »

The mail game I GMd ran for 15 years before it petered out. One of the players emailed to ask for a restart last fall
CES

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”