Personal Recognition - What If?

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Regularguy
Adventurer

Personal Recognition - What If?

Unread post by Regularguy »

Just trying to figure out the intent, here: what's supposed to happen if someone is using Personal Recognition in concert with some other power?

Like, if a guy has Shrink, and is down at the size of the dot on this "i" when he makes someone see him as a trusted friend -- what then? Is she meant to see 'her best friend, the six-foot tall guy with broad shoulders,' or is she meant to see 'her best friend, who for some reason looks to be less than an inch tall and he'd better have a good explanation,' or what?

(What if he's normal size, but under a Holographic Memory Projection disguise? What if he has the Growth power, and is sixty feet tall?)
Regularguy
Adventurer

Re: Personal Recognition - What If?

Unread post by Regularguy »

No takers?

Because I'm getting an idea for an odd build: Personal Recognition plus, say, Shrink and Cloaking -- or whatever -- so nobody can see you until you appear to the one guy who'll perceive, say, a best friend. (I mean, sure, you can instead appear to him as a horrific monster that he alone will recoil from -- but just imagine the reverse: you're like an imaginary friend that's only real to the guy you're conning, such that he believes damn near anything, within reason, that you tell him! Just follow him around all day, as the trusted adviser that no one else can see!)

Crazy weird, but could be interesting.
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

I'll have to dig up the power as I sorta think I remember what it did but at this point I couldn't tell you for sure and don't want to give you a wrong/bad answer.

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

Regularguy wrote:Just trying to figure out the intent, here: what's supposed to happen if someone is using Personal Recognition in concert with some other power?

Like, if a guy has Shrink, and is down at the size of the dot on this "i" when he makes someone see him as a trusted friend -- what then? Is she meant to see 'her best friend, the six-foot tall guy with broad shoulders,' or is she meant to see 'her best friend, who for some reason looks to be less than an inch tall and he'd better have a good explanation,' or what?

(What if he's normal size, but under a Holographic Memory Projection disguise? What if he has the Growth power, and is sixty feet tall?)

Looking over it I think you'd actually need to be able to see the person for it to work. But overall it's written very broad so I'd say yeah if you're 6 inches or 60 feet it makes you seem like that person of authority or the best friend and your victim is just going to ignore anything that makes it seem off. I mean you could have horns and red skin and fur over most of your body and still be seen as Bob your best friend from work so I don't think being only 6 inches or under Holographic Memory Projection is going to have an effect.

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Great... is your characters name going to be Harvey?
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”