Robot P.S. question (Heroes Unlimited)

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Craten9000
D-Bee

Robot P.S. question (Heroes Unlimited)

Unread post by Craten9000 »

In Heroes Unlimited Revised 2nd edition it says robot P.S.maximum is x2 height or 30 whatever is higher but in Gramercy Island (a source book for (HU2E) they have robots and exoskeletons that massively break this rule ie robot 12 ft tall P.S. = 90 and an exoskeleton 6 ft 6in P.S.=100 is there anything in the books to justify these numbers that I missed or are they breaking their own rules just because
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Re: Robot P.S. question (Heroes Unlimited)

Unread post by Glistam »

If there's any possible justification it might be in one of the Aliens Unlimited books, since Century Station is rife with Alien tech. But ultimately, it's probably just another example of the writer of that series of books writing up characters that broke official rules because he thought they were cool concepts and/or breaking those rules set the character at the power level he wanted to represent.

The rules in Heroes Unlimited exist to be guidelines that the G.M. can impose on players to prevent things from getting out of control, but the G.M. is free to ignore any or all of those rules at their discretion. The writer of Century Station was such a G.M..
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
Hunterrose
Wanderer

Unread post by Hunterrose »

I agree with Gilstam. If the Villains are massively intimidating then the Heroes can feel accomplished when/if they win.
But if the Heroes start out overpowered, it throws off the sense of adventure.
Craten9000
D-Bee

Glistam wrote:If there's any possible justification it might be in one of the Aliens Unlimited books, since Century Station is rife with Alien tech. But ultimately, it's probably just another example of the writer of that series of books writing up characters that broke official rules because he thought they were cool concepts and/or breaking those rules set the character at the power level he wanted to represent.

The rules in Heroes Unlimited exist to be guidelines that the G.M. can impose on players to prevent things from getting out of control, but the G.M. is free to ignore any or all of those rules at their discretion. The writer of Century Station was such a G.M..

with sdc of 2000 and AR of 17, and sdc 1500 and AR 15 respectively these are either long drawn out fights for "thinking characters" (certain death since both have teams to back them up or you need some juggernaut type character just to keep up or find some convoluted team up or something) glad our group has some high powered characters to deal with this I am kind of glad this is a rule ... smear because I let my group get away with a few things and now I can throw these things at them and not "nerf" them. I'll keep this in mind for future villains and hero ideas they come to me with. Thanks for the reply!
Craten9000
D-Bee

Hunterrose wrote:I agree with Gilstam. If the Villains are massively intimidating then the Heroes can feel accomplished when/if they win.
But if the Heroes start out overpowered, it throws off the sense of adventure.

Winning is a big if with 3d6+74 damage for a full strength punch and 1d6+85 damage for a full strength punch (not sure how that works out) if someone say...... echo locating flying mammal man's side kick red bird accidentally gets too close and gets hit once by these guys he turns into pulp (nicest way I could find to say that) thankfully the pc that are run in my group aren't quite so *ahum* squishy and can take this a couple times and be ok (well some of them any how) Thanks for the reply!

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”