Cloaking question

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Regularguy
Adventurer

Cloaking question

Unread post by Regularguy »

Cloaking, of course, "can not be combined with the power of invisibility." But can it be combined with the "Invisibility: Simple" spell? How about the invisibility-at-will ability of an Enchanted Object?
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Cloaking question

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

The limitation is as it says. There is no mention about a magic-user not being able to cast magic on the char.
However, invisibility simple has it's own limitation of self only. So it can't be cast on anyone else.

EO:….depends on the GM if they would allow.

The spirit of the limitation is so the char cannot have the powers of invisibility (sup) without the limitations of invisibility (sup).
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

Step one.
Ask your GM if they feel that this is "the super power of Invisibility" or "any thing that renders you invisible"
I have seen both as a player and its always handy to ask how the GM interprets the power.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

There's always Invisibility: Superior (pg 330) which can be cast also on other[u]s[/b] by touch, and 2 for 1 casting.

A good strategy would be to have Chameleon as a backup spell so even if you attack someone, you could easily still blend in. Chameleon is also "others" by touch, but doesn't specify 2. I have seen "other" non-plural though (like Armor of Ithan) which makes me think any case of "others" might be 2 or more.
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

Considering it says the POWER of invisibility it's clearly limiting it to not working with the super-power, it doesn't impact other non-power methods of invisibility.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
flatline
Knight

Unread post by flatline »

Take a look at the bend light minor power. It now gives the ability to bend light around yourself which is probably, subject to GM interpretation, superior to invisibility because you'll still be hidden from characters with the ability to see invisible.

--flatline
I don't care about canon answers. I'm interested in good, well-reasoned answers and, perhaps, a short discussion of how that answer is supported or contradicted by canon.

If I don't provide a book and page number, then don't assume that I'm describing canon. I'll tell you if I'm describing canon.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”