Robot Attributes

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Saitou Hajime
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Hardcore Palladium Fan
Gun Lover
Canadian eh?

Robot Attributes

Unread post by Saitou Hajime »

I been looking at the Robot section the the 2ed Hero book and the Class 2 and 4 robots which have AI have some oddities that i am trying to understand.

I can see that you buy PS, PB, and Spd, but everything else I am rather unclear on. What defines the other attributes? I can see them not really have ME for example, and perhaps not having a PE but they should have a IQ, PP, perhaps a MA.
Subjugator wrote:I got my first job at age 12 (maybe 11, but I think 12) and worked more or less continuously until today. I had to so I could eat properly. Doing so as a kid detracted from my educational experience, which was bad enough to begin with . . .

Gingrich is wrong.

/Sub
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Robot Attributes

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

As much as I dislike having to cross setting lines to get answers ….

The only place I could find the answers were in the Rifts Sourcebook, pages 94-105.0
Art. Intel.: IQ 19
Neural Intel.: 23
Transferred Intel.: Same as original.

Basic humanoid frame: PS 14, PP 12, PB 6, spd 22, 6-8 feet tall 300 lb 2 million cr
giant humanoid frame: PS 16, PP 14, PB 6, spd 22, 10-20 feet tall, 1,000 lb., 4 million cr

Additional PP: 10,000 cr per additional point of PP.
Additional IQ.: 50,000 cr per additional IQ point.
Expanded memory: adds skill package learning ability to Art. & Neural Intels. (variable) 1 million cr.

robots and androids don't get tired, and don't get a save vs magic so no PE
They are also not effected by mind controlling psionics or magic, so no ME.

Rifts Sourcebook&e, pages 12-34
robot drones: 1d4+7
Art. Intel.: IQ 1d6+10
Neural Intel.: 2d6+11
Transferred Intel.: Same as original. (typicly 3d6+2)

Basic humanoid frame: PS 14, PP 12, PB 6, spd 22, 6-8 feet tall 300 lb 2 million cr
giant humanoid frame: PS 16, PP 14, PB 6, spd 22, 10-20 feet tall, 1,000 lb., 4 million cr

Additional APM: variable with numbers of additional APM. (Non-liner scaling)
Additional PP: 10,000 cr per additional point of PP.
Additional IQ.: 500,000 cr per additional IQ point.
Expanded memory: adds skill package learning ability to Art. & Neural Intels. (variable) 1 million cr.

End Note: the un-revised rifts sourcebook is more in line with HU1. However, the revised is more in line with RUE.

P.S.: I don't know why PB didn't just copy most of the RSB Robots section into HU2.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Saitou Hajime
Megaversal® Ambassador
Gun Lover
Canadian eh?

I hate doing that too to be honest, which was sort of why I asked.
Subjugator wrote:I got my first job at age 12 (maybe 11, but I think 12) and worked more or less continuously until today. I had to so I could eat properly. Doing so as a kid detracted from my educational experience, which was bad enough to begin with . . .

Gingrich is wrong.

/Sub
Razorwing
Hero

Unread post by Razorwing »

IQ, MA and ME are the only attributes that AI robots roll up. This is because the quality of the personality programed will vary with the skill of the programmers who designed it. Some will be brilliant... others almost child-like in their understanding of the world. Some can withstand great stress... while others tend to be a little naive. PP will be bought like PS and other attributes (use the cost found in the bionics section, Pg 104 under Special Attribute Features). Robots do no have a PE attribute (as in they never tire, but, depending on the power source, can run out of energy).
Last edited by Razorwing on Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There are three types of people in the world; those who can count and those who can't.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Razorwing wrote:IQ, MA and ME are the only attributes that AI robots roll up. ….snip

Where does the HU2 book say this?
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Razorwing
Hero

Pg 15, Step 1: Attributes & Bonuses.

Since there is no mention in the robot section of purchasing these attributes... one defaults to the standard 3d6 roll one would make for any other character.
There are three types of people in the world; those who can count and those who can't.
Razorwing
Hero

Also, Pg 12 of HUGM Guide... 8 attributes and Robot/Bionic characters. Personally, for basic AIs... I only allow the 3d6 roll (no +1d6 for rolls of 16+) while Advanced AIs can get the standard +1d6 for rolls of 16+ and a possible +1d6 if that bonus die is a 6 (as per normal rules).
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

thank you
Saitou Hajime
Megaversal® Ambassador
Gun Lover
Canadian eh?

Thank you.

Gingrich is wrong.

/Sub
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
Razorwing wrote:IQ, MA and ME are the only attributes that AI robots roll up. ….snip

I thought it was strange how Rifts didn't have those. I could understand not having ME because you just can't mentally crack a robot but MA to me determines how realistic their personality is otherwise there is just something that is always a little off and the robot is always able to be detected no matter how perfect the programer made its personality.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Zer0 Kay wrote:
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:

I thought it was strange how Rifts didn't have those. I could understand not having ME because you just can't mentally crack a robot but MA to me determines how realistic their personality is otherwise there is just something that is always a little off and the robot is always able to be detected no matter how perfect the programer made its personality.

Personally I think even AI bots are going to have the equivalent of an ME. We see this in Rifts with Archie-3 (SB1o/r) and Machine People (Phase World) who are examples of advanced AIs, though examples also exist where the attribute isn't even considered (which can just mean 'average' 3d6 roll).

However ME for the AI bot is not necessarily the same as it is for organics. I would view it as how well the programming can handle unanticipated situations so that it doesn't get sent into a logic loop (that could destroy the AI trying to resolve it)

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”