Demon Fists or Energy Fists as swords

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Prodigy
Explorer

Demon Fists or Energy Fists as swords

Unread post by Prodigy »

I am creating a Mega-Supersoldier with a Mega-Power, Super Powered Gadget with Demon Fists.

I want the character to have twin swords but I am running into a dilemma; 2 Swords and W.P. paired swords gives him the opportunity to double his damage with one melee attack making it seemingly unfair...

Would you allow this initially? If not, under what circumstance might you allow it
sine yo pity on da runny kind
SittingBull
Hero
Comment: "Its not the destination that matters, its the journey along the way."

Re: Demon Fists or Energy Fists as swords

Unread post by SittingBull »

The wp paired weapons, can't really not allow that unless you ban the skill. I would have not allowed the MEGA part of the character but thats me.
"Understanding is a three-edged sword."
Kosh from Babylon 5
"You don't understand, so you find excuses."
Doctor Who
"Peace has made you weak. Victory has defeated you."
Bane
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Yes I would allow it, but remember that when they double the attack they remove their ability to defend, which can be exploited.
Adventus
Wanderer

Unread post by Adventus »

Prodigy wrote:I am creating a Mega-Supersoldier with a Mega-Power, Super Powered Gadget with Demon Fists.

I want the character to have twin swords but I am running into a dilemma; 2 Swords and W.P. paired swords gives him the opportunity to double his damage with one melee attack making it seemingly unfair...

Would you allow this initially? If not, under what circumstance might you allow it

When hitting with the Swords, you would not add the damage from the demon fists. so you would only be doubling your strength and weapon damage. Not the demon fists damage (which would be zero).
SittingBull
Hero

ShadowLogan wrote:Yes I would allow it, but remember that when they double the attack they remove their ability to defend, which can be exploited.

Some GMs allow characters who double attack, if they have auto-dodge, to still auto-dodge.
Kosh from Babylon 5
Doctor Who
Bane
Prodigy
Explorer

Unread post by Prodigy »

Adventus wrote:
Prodigy wrote:I am creating a Mega-Supersoldier with a Mega-Power, Super Powered Gadget with Demon Fists.

When hitting with the Swords, you would not add the damage from the demon fists. so you would only be doubling your strength and weapon damage. Not the demon fists damage (which would be zero).

Just to clarify, there are expanded Mega-Powers in Rifter 37; one of which is the option to have a weapon(s) hold 1 Major Super Power or up to 3 Minors. In my case, my character would have sword that simulate Demon Fists.
sine yo pity on da runny kind
SittingBull
Hero

You can double attack fine but, when you do (as I read it), until your next action comes up; if you have to make any parries, those parries will cost you actions.
Kosh from Babylon 5
Doctor Who
Bane

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”