Immortals and Mega-Heroes.

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

HNewman21
D-Bee

Immortals and Mega-Heroes.

Unread post by HNewman21 »

Hi folks,
I'm creating a Godling Immortal for use as an NPC in a HU game I'll be running. The set-up for the character is going well, but I've got a couple of questions.

1) I follow that Immortals receive the Immortal Mega-Power. But do they receive the other powers a Mega-Hero gets, namely SDC increase, Enhanced Healing, Increased Range and the bonuses from being considered a supernatural being?

2) Some Immortals are specifically stated to not have supernatural strength and some specifically state they have it. What about the ones for which there is nothing mentioned about it?

3) Does an Immortal have the Mega-Hero's Achilles Heel?

4) If taken into an MDC environment, do all Immortals automatically gain Supernatural P.S?

Thanks in advance for the assist.
Spectre
Dungeon Crawler

Re: Immortals and Mega-Heroes.

Unread post by Spectre »

Wow, it's been a while since I have posted. As for your questions...

1) No

2) Unless specifically stated, they do not get Supernatural Strength.

3) No

4) They gain supernatural strength and become MDC creatures (add HP and SDC together to get SDC)
"A little Rebellion now and then is a good thing." Thomas Jefferson
(To the tune of Ride of the Valkyries): Death and Destruction, Chaos and Carnage, Total Annailation Now!
300 Movie Geek Points
"I immediately regret this decision."- Jack Hare
Anthar
Hero
Comment: Killer of threads.

Unread post by Anthar »

Note that supernatural strength is under the Mega-hero abilities. If the immortal gets the usuall Mega-hero abilities, then they have supernatural strength unless stated otherwise.
"I love my dad because he is awesome."-My son.
Caution these rules are unclear and may be open to gross interpretation and out right misinterpretation. GM discression is strongly advised.
Spectre
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Spectre »

Quick glance at Powers 2 and HU2...

Use the powers chart from the Immortal category, all categories of immortal derive their abilities from that chart. The godling gets Immortality, one other mega power, the abilities standard to all megas, plus an Achilles heel, or you can forgo the mega power for another major power or spells or what have you. If you want a mega-experiment, take the Immortality power with the mega template.
"A little Rebellion now and then is a good thing." Thomas Jefferson
(To the tune of Ride of the Valkyries): Death and Destruction, Chaos and Carnage, Total Annailation Now!
300 Movie Geek Points
"I immediately regret this decision."- Jack Hare
HNewman21
D-Bee

Unread post by HNewman21 »

Mhurdok wrote:Okay, my gaming group has just started with HU2, and had a few questions.

Under education and skills (for immortals born on earth), It's Roll up as usual, + a random amount based on the age of the character.

This is all well and good, however MOST of the immortals don't have a way to roll up age. There's no reason a dragon couldn't be born on earth after all, or avatar, faerie, whatever. So, what's the best way to determine age for these?

Further, when you're choosing the bonus skill programs, what categories can they choose from? It would make sense they could choose from any, considering they might have had a rather broad swathe of experiences I suppose.

Finally, do these additional skill programs get any bonus, or are they just flat skill selections?

Thanks!

Human Immortals roll 2d6x100 to determine age in years, so that looks to be a good way to determine age for other Immortals.

Regarding the bonus skill programs from age, I take them from any skill program. They don't have any bonuses listed, so they don't get any.
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

Overkill wrote:I'm going to ask my question here because it deals with me doing the same thing. I'm making a 'Godling' Imortal that does state 'roll up as Mega Hero'. However a Megahero itself must be rolled up as yet something else, so I'm just double checking here, but I would first roll up an alien/experiment or whatever then make it a MegaHero then add the Imortal/Godling bonuses. Correct? So I could in theory have a Mega-Mutant-Godling-Immortal? :eek:

No.
Just to be clear.

He gets the standard mega hero abilities, but already has 1 power category, so he doesn't get another. His powers get rolled or picked from the table all the rest of the Immortal power category use's.
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Mhurdok wrote:Okay, my gaming group has just started with HU2, and had a few questions.

Under education and skills (for immortals born on earth), It's Roll up as usual, + a random amount based on the age of the character.

This is all well and good, however MOST of the immortals don't have a way to roll up age. There's no reason a dragon couldn't be born on earth after all, or avatar, faerie, whatever. So, what's the best way to determine age for these?

Further, when you're choosing the bonus skill programs, what categories can they choose from? It would make sense they could choose from any, considering they might have had a rather broad swathe of experiences I suppose.

Finally, do these additional skill programs get any bonus, or are they just flat skill selections?

Thanks!

Personaly, age would depend on character, the player making them, their background, etc...
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

HNewman21 wrote:Hi folks,
I'm creating a Godling Immortal for use as an NPC in a HU game I'll be running. The set-up for the character is going well, but I've got a couple of questions.

1) I follow that Immortals receive the Immortal Mega-Power. But do they receive the other powers a Mega-Hero gets, namely SDC increase, Enhanced Healing, Increased Range and the bonuses from being considered a supernatural being?

Immortals specifically marked as Mega-Heroes (e.g. Godling, Monster, Demon Lord, etc.) receive all the standard Mega-Hero benefits and penalties. This may or may not include the selection of a special Mega Power in addition to Immortality, depending on your GM. This should definitely include at least one Achilles' Heel.

2) Some Immortals are specifically stated to not have supernatural strength and some specifically state they have it. What about the ones for which there is nothing mentioned about it?

If some kind of super strength isn't listed, then the Immortal has plain old human strength (unless a super strength power is actually selected, or the character is a Mega-Hero).

Only those designated as Mega-Heroes, as above.

4) If taken into an MDC environment, do all Immortals automatically gain Supernatural P.S?

Those who already have Extraordinary or Superhuman P.S. do, as per CB1 and Skraypers, but I don't think the average human or merman immortal does.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Tinker Dragoon wrote:[
Those who already have Extraordinary or Superhuman P.S. do, as per CB1 and Skraypers, but I don't think the average human or merman immortal does.

DRagoon!!
HI!
:hug:

I'd give the merman SN strength in water myself.
tamilse
Newb

Unread post by tamilse »

Mega heroes are subject to be immortal and they deserve it.

4) If taken into an MDC environment, do all is Immortality possible automatically gain Supernatural P.S?

Hell knight
Explorer

Unread post by Hell knight »

It says the demi god gets superhuman ps yet is created as a mega , would that not mean they do not get the supernatural ps.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

1: The answer is No and Yes. depending on how the GM rules.

2: If the Immortal is a MH then they have SNPS. Otherwise normal PS, unless the text says they get something else.

3: If the immortal is not a MH they do not.

4: MDC conversions are covered within the text of each type and the RCB1/RCB1r.
Last edited by drewkitty ~..~ on Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

Hell knight wrote:It says the demi god gets superhuman ps yet is created as a mega , would that not mean they do not get the supernatural ps.

No since it already says that they only get Superhuman PS even if they're created like a Mega-Hero otherwise. So the Demi-God would require a power that provided Supernatural PS (like the Mega-Power that provides massive supernatural PS) in order to have their strength upgraded to the Supernatural level.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
Hell knight
Explorer

Unread post by Hell knight »

Nightmask wrote:
Hell knight wrote:It says the demi god gets superhuman ps yet is created as a mega , would that not mean they do not get the supernatural ps.

No since it already says that they only get Superhuman PS even if they're created like a Mega-Hero otherwise. So the Demi-God would require a power that provided Supernatural PS (like the Mega-Power that provides massive supernatural PS) in order to have their strength upgraded to the Supernatural level.

Kool thks Nightmask

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”