Vampires

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Re: Vampires

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Are you looking for something different then the standard Palladium Vampire?

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

The Mega-Hero section lets you custom build undead creatures from scratch. I don't think there is a "standard" vampire for Heroes Unlimited.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Johnathan
Adventurer

Unread post by Johnathan »

Spoiler:
The Vampire Parasite (Mega-Villian Class Symbiote)

Step 3:
Background & Abilities
- The Organism is supernatural in nature and comes from a different dimension.
Symbiote's Appearance
- Huge Leech-like creature that burrows into the hosts body and bonds with all major internal systems and organs. No PB Penalty
Symbiote's Intelligence
- Supernatural Predator Intelligence: The Symbiote possesses a powerful instinct for survival that is malicious and evil. However, once bonded with a host, the symbiote begins to exhibit a strange mixture of instinct and intellect that will mirror it's host's intelligence.
Symbiote's Food Source
- Flesh and Blood: The host body, so long as they manage to ingest the flesh and blood of other creatures, exhibits no negative side effects. However, should they abstain from doing so, their body will be affected accordingly.
Benefits Gained by the Host
- Nightvision: 1000 ft
- Stealthy: Prowl Skill at 70%+4% per level of experience
- Impervios to Mind Control, and +1d6 vs. illusions
- Increased Reflexes: +1 to PP and +3 to auto-dodge
Determining Super Abilities
- Any Selection under this category is Possible. Due to the Wamphyri's unusual supernatural nature. They will adapt and provide benefit to their hosts body accordingly to what the symbiote desires for their host. Some hosts are great and manipulating peoples minds, others are able to manipulate their own flesh and bodies in amazing and bizarre ways.
- Mega-Powers: Supernatural PS, Increase Total SDC by 50%, Enhanced Healing, Increase Range 50%, Considered Supernatural in Nature.
- Undead: Eventually, the host body becomes a creature of the Undead.
 1. Is Immune to poisons, drugs, and toxins
 2. Is impervious to the effects of heat and cold
 3. Normal punches and kicks do no damage, but supernatural attacks inflict half damage.
 4. Normal Weapons, bullets and explosions do half damage - magic, fire, sonic, and energy attacks do full damage.
 5. Regenerates 2D6 hit points and 2D6 SDC per melee round and can regenerate lost limbs in 1d4 days.
 6. No longer needs to eat food or breathe air.
 7. Does not age and is immortal unless destroyed completely
 8. +1d4x10 to SDC

I actually designed a "Vampire" like Symbiotic class mega villian that could easily be applied to any HU setting. Never had the opportunity to implement it though...
Hotrod wrote:I haven't noticed saints getting the bad end of the bargain at all. Sure, a lot of them die in pain and poverty. A lot of jerks die in agony, betrayal, and humiliation, often taking their own lives rather than having to face the consequences of what they've done.
Zenvis
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator

Unread post by Zenvis »

Johnathan wrote:
Spoiler:

Step 3:
Background & Abilities
Symbiote's Appearance
- Huge Leech-like creature that burrows into the hosts body and bonds with all major internal systems and organs. No PB Penalty
Symbiote's Intelligence
- Supernatural Predator Intelligence: The Symbiote possesses a powerful instinct for survival that is malicious and evil. However, once bonded with a host, the symbiote begins to exhibit a strange mixture of instinct and intellect that will mirror it's host's intelligence.
Symbiote's Food Source
- Flesh and Blood: The host body, so long as they manage to ingest the flesh and blood of other creatures, exhibits no negative side effects. However, should they abstain from doing so, their body will be affected accordingly.
- Any Selection under this category is Possible. Due to the Wamphyri's unusual supernatural nature. They will adapt and provide benefit to their hosts body accordingly to what the symbiote desires for their host. Some hosts are great and manipulating peoples minds, others are able to manipulate their own flesh and bodies in amazing and bizarre ways.
- Mega-Powers: Supernatural PS, Increase Total SDC by 50%, Enhanced Healing, Increase Range 50%, Considered Supernatural in Nature.
 3. Normal punches and kicks do no damage, but supernatural attacks inflict half damage.
 4. Normal Weapons, bullets and explosions do half damage - magic, fire, sonic, and energy attacks do full damage.
 5. Regenerates 2D6 hit points and 2D6 SDC per melee round and can regenerate lost limbs in 1d4 days.
 8. +1d4x10 to SDC

I actually designed a "Vampire" like Symbiotic class mega villian that could easily be applied to any HU setting. Never had the opportunity to implement it though...

What about spreading the vampiric disease?
Everything you can imagine is real. - Pablo Picasso
Imagination is more important than knowledge." but knowledge does help. - Albert Einstein
The gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge. - Albert Einstein
My Blog and My Other Blog
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Zenvis wrote:
Johnathan wrote:
Spoiler:

Step 3:
Background & Abilities
Symbiote's Appearance
Symbiote's Intelligence
Symbiote's Food Source
 8. +1d4x10 to SDC

What about spreading the vampiric disease?

I like the idea of it as a disease as well, though some sources portray vampires as another species altogether, whether extraterrestrial or extradimensional.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Johnathan
Adventurer

Oh yes. Procreation of the "symbiote". The symbiote procreates via an egg that is transplanted into a victim. Thus creating another one of these symbiotic creatures. The problem I ran into is I could not, according to canon, find a legitimate way to spread THIS brand of vampire logically...

The organism is also supernatural in origin. Devious and self-serving by their very nature. The symbiote WILL abandon their host body if the host is mortally wounded or dying... Then it will infect another host and so the cycle continues.
Hotrod wrote:I haven't noticed saints getting the bad end of the bargain at all. Sure, a lot of them die in pain and poverty. A lot of jerks die in agony, betrayal, and humiliation, often taking their own lives rather than having to face the consequences of what they've done.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Kind of like a Jack the Ripper type jumping from host body to host body so you never find the true killer.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

there is also the vampires in Villains Unlimited
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Johnathan
Adventurer

Forget that, Mr. Deific NMI!! You and your references to books!
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

i much prefer making new types than relying on the ones in the books as well.
BillionSix
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: All I need is a warm bed, a kind word, and unlimited power.

Unread post by BillionSix »

If you decide to use the "standard" Palladium vampire concept, you could easily use the Wompyr from Nightbane, since HU is a relatively low-magic world, at least compared to Rifts. In fact, a Wompyr might be a good PC idea, sort of a conflicted hero.
All I need is a warm bed, a kind word and unlimited power.
Zenvis
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator

Unread post by Zenvis »

Mr. Deific NMI wrote:there is also the vampires in Villains Unlimited
I love the new vampire table that is in the vault. i use that one regularly.
Everything you can imagine is real. - Pablo Picasso
Imagination is more important than knowledge." but knowledge does help. - Albert Einstein
The gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge. - Albert Einstein
My Blog and My Other Blog
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Zenvis wrote:
Mr. Deific NMI wrote:there is also the vampires in Villains Unlimited
I love the new vampire table that is in the vault. i use that one regularly.
That's probably one of Kittenstomp's tables.
velcRomanceR
Wanderer
Location: Being an interdimensional party provider/tour guide, I never know with any certainty where I'll be.

Unread post by velcRomanceR »

Jonathan
I'm using your Vampire Parasite in my campaign. You gave me a god idea. I want this to become attached to the cyber-knight in my PC's group. The symbiote will enhance his psi-sword and other psychic abilities but at a cost. He hates vampires. Heheh.
Nothing is true, all is permitted
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

I understand originally that the regen would expel normal cyber-armor though I'm not entirely sure once it becomes a living part of them.
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Unread post by say652 »

I use the Megahero Vampire power set to create Vampires or the pu2 Immortal Vampire power category to create Vampires.

I'm not sure i can list sources i use to create different types of Vampires.
velcRomanceR
Wanderer
Location: Being an interdimensional party provider/tour guide, I never know with any certainty where I'll be.

Unread post by velcRomanceR »

Axelmania wrote:I understand originally that the regen would expel normal cyber-armor though I'm not entirely sure once it becomes a living part of them.

Given that the cyber-armor is magically grafted through ritual, I had the parasite unable to fully turn him. However, the parasite still enjoys the PPE it gains through contact, and nightmares are a regular occurrence (I am considering providing visions for hooks to adventures.) The cyber-knight has realized if he pulls the parasite away, chances are, the parasite will pull the cyber-knight's life force with it. He's searching for a special wizard that can help. In the meantime, he's faster, stronger, and more alert, but obviously it does not feel good to know there's a vampiric parasite attached to your character. Plus, the other PCs will not sleep near him for fear the parasite will decide to latch onto them.
Nothing is true, all is permitted

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”