Mega Hero and Inmortals

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Re: Mega Hero and Inmortals

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

shion wrote:What does it mean in some inmortals entry the "Roll as a Mega Hero" does it mean that particular kind of inmortal get another mega power and an achilles heel, plus the regular powers of a megahero, or it is just a mistake?

I use the word mistake since those charaters (Inmortals) already have a lot of power and a Mega Power (inmortality) without an Achilles heel, and already use the mega hero xp table. Can some one explain it to me?

*The Godling natural abilities are just sick, and giving him more power can be extremely unbalancing

Not all Immortals get the Mega Hero category addition. The ones that actually say "roll as a Mega Hero" are the ONLY ones you use the Mega Hero category for. The others are effectively immortal but not in the same way. So the Mega Hero category ONLY is added to the Monster, Godling, Demon Lord, and Demigod. The only other one using Mega Hero abilities is the Undead/Vampire. NOT ALL IMMORTALS ARE MEGA HEROES. Therefore, stop making them all Megas! They are not all Mega Heroes!
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer
Comment: "Incredible Cosmic Power! ...teeny tiny living space."

Unread post by Gryphon Chick »

Stone G is right, only some of them get the bonuses. Not all immortals are made equally. But just because they're not Megas, that does't mean they aren't fun to play.
"Sorry, I'm busy tonight...Same thing I do every night...Trying the take over the world..."
Mr Scorpio
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Mr Scorpio »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:NOT ALL IMMORTALS ARE MEGA HEROES. Therefore, stop making them all Megas! They are not all Mega Heroes!

Did we read the same post? I don't see where the OP says that at all.

shion wrote:What does it mean in some (bold text added by me for emphasis) inmortals entry the "Roll as a Mega Hero" does it mean that particular kind of inmortal (bold text added by me for emphasis) get another mega power and an achilles heel, plus the regular powers of a megahero, or it is just a mistake?

I use the word mistake since those charaters (Inmortals) already have a lot of power and a Mega Power (inmortality) without an Achilles heel, and already use the mega hero xp table. Can some one explain it to me?

*The Godling natural abilities are just sick, and giving him more power can be extremely unbalancing

Yes, some Immortals actually are mega heroes as well because they are "as close to a Greek God or other mythical demigod, demon lord, angel, avatar or alleged god from another world as a character gets". It says in the opening text that some of the Immortals may need to be toned down by the GM and some may not be allowed at all. The text says that they may even only be appropriate as powerful NPCs.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

I was, of course, exaggerating to get my point across, Mr. Scorpio. I did not mean to be insulting on condescending, so my apologies if it was taken that way.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Apparently humor doesn't translate well.

In any case, there is an expanded Mega Heroes section in the Rifter #37 that covers alternate types of Mega Heroes.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Because most jokes are also dependent on visual or verbal cues, fo rthis text only enviroment you need to add in :) or :lol: or ;) or the like to add in those cues.

This comment is for whoever needs it.

As for the topic comment,
Stone Gargoyle wrote:Not all Immortals get the Mega Hero category addition. The ones that actually say "roll as a Mega Hero" are the ONLY ones you use the Mega Hero category for. The others are effectively immortal but not in the same way. So the Mega Hero category ONLY is added to the Monster, Godling, Demon Lord, and Demigod. The only other one using Mega Hero abilities is the Undead/Vampire. NOT ALL IMMORTALS ARE MEGA HEROES. Therefore, stop making them all Megas! They are not all Mega Heroes!

Can add anything significant.

If you think that the Godling's power is disrupting, then the power level of the game you are thinking of is to low.

'Sick' would be playing a char with no stat above 5.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
lbeaumanior
Wanderer

Unread post by lbeaumanior »

Sorry for the thread necromancy, but has the original question been answered? Does a Godling get 3 or 2 Mega-Powers? I know they have at least 2 because:

plus the Immortal power described on page 181 of HU2 (in the Mega-Hero section) and one other Special Mega-Power

But do they get another since they roll as a Mega-Hero?
lbeaumanior
Wanderer

Unread post by lbeaumanior »

So, do Godlings get another megapower, the Achilles heel, the +1 to save vs magic (unless that's his vulnerability), and +2 to save vs possession and Horror Factor?
13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by 13eowulf »

Topic Locked for necromancy. 11 years between posts.
Oderint Dum Metuant.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”