Board index » SDC Worlds » Heroes Unlimited™

Post subject: Re: We Gots The Skills
Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:35 pm

Adventurer

Comment: Don't blink!
Dont Even Blink, Blink and you're Dead!
Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Here is a simple skill modifier:

Indexing: The character knows systems of filing, including the Dewey Decimal System. Can find books by subject quickly and easily. Base Skill: 50%, +5% per level. Adds +10% to the Research skill.

Great skill, and it's yet another one that would fit well in a Post-Medieval-Yet-Pre-20th-century setting!
I Love seeing how well this much neglected area of skills is being fleshed out here.

Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:05 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Lakewood, WA.
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Memorization: The character can memorize and recall his ME number in pages of text, and is able to reference the quotes by title, chapter, page and line number from memory. Base Skill: 66%, +2% per level. Adds +15% to Literacy skills and Basic Math skills. +5% to all skills requiring a heavy amount of reading.

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:35 am

Adventurer

Comment: "Incredible Cosmic Power! ...teeny tiny living space."
Blueprints: The character can draw out plans for builders to use when constructing a house. Requires Art: drawing, Carpentry, Basic Mechanics and Basic Electronics. Skill Base: 40%, +5% per level.

Iconography: The character understands the basic symbology of early runes and symbols upon which writing and alphabets are based. Base skill: 20%, +4% per level. Adds +5% to Literacy and Art:Drawing skills.

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:54 am

Explorer

Comment: Joseph Prosek II Fangirl
Gryphon Chick wrote:
Blueprints: The character can draw out plans for builders to use when constructing a house. Requires Art: drawing, Carpentry, Basic Mechanics and Basic Electronics. Skill Base: 40%, +5% per level.

I'm awfully confused by your pre-requisite skills for Blueprints (Drafting).

A drafter doesn't really require any of the listed skills as pre-requisties to his work.

-Art: most drafting these days is done with a computer aided drafting program. Even if you're doing it the old fashioned way, it's mostly rulers and french curves..
-Carpentry: As a carpenter by trade, I find this one particularly out of place. Drafters do not, generally, know how to cure and select wood, the best tools for different types of cutting, or how to build and repair items made of wood. Most drafters have never swung a hammer in their lives, except to put up picture hooks in their houses.
-Basic Mechanics: Repair and maintenance of machinery doesn't really fall in the drafter's list of required skills
-Basic Electronics: Ditto to Basic Mechanics, but replace "machinery" with "wiring and circuits".

I'd like to suggest that Drafting should probably require: Computer Operation, Basic Mathematics, and Literacy.

Remember that Drafters, in general, draw the blueprints. They do not design the structure, nor deal with the engineering involved in meeting code. That's left to the Architect and the Engineer.

Is left entirely up to you.
--Edward Gorey

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:19 pm

Hero

Comment: I've got ideas about almost everything. Got a question? Ask.
i LOVE the iconography skill.

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:49 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Lakewood, WA.
OrchestralDarkness wrote:
Gryphon Chick wrote:

I'm awfully confused by your pre-requisite skills for Blueprints (Drafting).

A drafter doesn't really require any of the listed skills as pre-requisties to his work.

-Art: most drafting these days is done with a computer aided drafting program. Even if you're doing it the old fashioned way, it's mostly rulers and french curves..
-Carpentry: As a carpenter by trade, I find this one particularly out of place. Drafters do not, generally, know how to cure and select wood, the best tools for different types of cutting, or how to build and repair items made of wood. Most drafters have never swung a hammer in their lives, except to put up picture hooks in their houses.
-Basic Mechanics: Repair and maintenance of machinery doesn't really fall in the drafter's list of required skills
-Basic Electronics: Ditto to Basic Mechanics, but replace "machinery" with "wiring and circuits".

I'd like to suggest that Drafting should probably require: Computer Operation, Basic Mathematics, and Literacy.

Remember that Drafters, in general, draw the blueprints. They do not design the structure, nor deal with the engineering involved in meeting code. That's left to the Architect and the Engineer.

There is an Art: Drafting skill for Rifts but it has no prerequisites. I like this idea of creating one as such. Maybe it can be modified as follows:

Art: Drafting/Blueprints: The character can draw out plans for builders to use when constructing a house. Requires Computer Operation, Basic Mathematics, and Literacy.. Skill Base: 40%, +5% per level.

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:54 pm

Hero

is there a skill for.... not sure how to word it... marketing? you know, selling stuff (effectively)? i don't know how it works so i don't think i could do it myself...

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:56 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

gmapprentice wrote:
is there a skill for.... not sure how to word it... marketing? you know, selling stuff (effectively)? i don't know how it works so i don't think i could do it myself...

I think there are several dealing with that, actually.

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:07 pm

Hero

oh... my bad.

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:14 pm

Dungeon Crawler

Comment: Save me, Barry!
Stand-Up Comedy: The character can amuse and entertain entire groups through skillful delivery of his own original comedy material. As well as providing the ability to craft a good joke, this skill includes the capacity to read the mood of a crowd, tailoring material on the fly to suit their sense of humour. It also provides a library of quick-fire put downs, to put hecklers in their place.

Skill Base: 35% +5% per level of experience. Adds 5% to the Seduction skill.

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:39 pm

Hero

I was JUST thinking about that, TODAY... and you got here first... dangit.

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:49 pm

Adventurer

Quote:
There is an Art: Drafting skill for Rifts but it has no prerequisites. I like this idea of creating one as such. Maybe it can be modified as follows:

Art: Drafting/Blueprints: The character can draw out plans for builders to use when constructing a house. Requires Computer Operation, Basic Mathematics, and Literacy. Skill Base: 40%, +5% per level.

I was aware of the one in canon, but I was trying for something more realistic. Unfortunately, it was a skill that was outside my experience. Sorry if I made a lot of mistakes, but at least we have a skill out of the trial and error.

gmapprentice wrote:
I was JUST thinking about that, TODAY... and you got here first... dangit.

What a coincidence. :roll: That is easy to say, but why don't you focus on writing skills rather than trying to make excuses.
As for the skill, I like it. A lot of skills in canon are similar to that, but I like the heckler part. Good job.

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:02 pm

Hero

writing skills is easier said than done, if you understand what i mean.... i feel like everything's already a skill so i don't know what i'm supposed to think of. on top of that i have limited real-life experience, so i don't know what to look for to find skills that haven't been done yet.

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:09 pm

Adventurer

gmapprentice wrote:
writing skills is easier said than done, if you understand what i mean.... i feel like everything's already a skill so i don't know what i'm supposed to think of. on top of that i have limited real-life experience, so i don't know what to look for to find skills that haven't been done yet.

I'm not meaning to criticize. If you think of something, please feel free to post it, but you are by no means obligated to. I appreciate your efforts thus far.

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:34 pm

Hero

i never said you were being critical, and apologize if it felt that way. i was just saying, i'm technically a kid and this isn't especially easy for me. i WANT to post skills and superpowers, i just can't crank them out every few hours like you guys. thank you for saying you appreciate what i have done so far, though. that means a lot.

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:29 pm

Adventurer

Well, I am not cranking out high volumes, either. It is not just because you are young, being creative is not all that easy all the time. I have been trying to motivate, not be a slave driver, and I know sometimes it comes across wrong.
Hey, that gives me an idea for one:

Motivational Speaking: The character can motivate others to do their best. A successful roll will grant +1 to all combat abilities and +5% to skill rolls to listeners for 1d4 hours after the speaker has finished. Base Skill: 35%, +5% per level. Add +1% for each M.A. attribute point above 20 and every 2 P.B. points above 17.

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:49 pm

Hero

heh... nice. time for one of mine.

Physical Skill: Positioning (TELL ME if you think of a more accurate name, PLEASE)

The character knows how to position and move their body to stay balanced effectively. This can be used to try and prevent being knocked over, do tricks like balancing a stack of books on one's head and balancing plates on sticks, and run over uneven ground and similar terrain without accidentally falling over from going too fast. Penalties for certain situations can be determined by the G.M. Base Skill: 30% +6% per level. Sense of Balance sub-skill: 50% +4% per level. Provides +1 PP.

that one seem okay?

Last edited by gmapprentice on Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:19 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

gmapprentice wrote:
heh... nice. time for one of mine.

Physical Skill: Positioning (TELL ME if you think of a more accurate name, PLEASE)

The character knows how to position and move their body to stay balanced effectively. This can be used to try and prevent being knocked over, do tricks like balancing a stack of books on one's head and balancing plates on sticks, and run over uneven ground and similar terrain without accidentally falling over from going too fast. Penalties for certain situations can be determined by the G.M. Base Skill: 30% +6% per level. Sense of Balance sub-skill: 80% +2% per level. Provides +1 PP.

that one seem okay?

Seems okay, though the sense of balance sub-skill is a little high in percentage. I would knock it back to 50% base skill.

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:50 pm

Hero

will do.

Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:31 pm

Priest

Pilot: Hanggliding(35+5% per lvl/exp)
The knowledge and practice of using personal hanggliders, parasails, powered 'chutes, and similar 'wing 'chutes' for both recreational and military purposes. Practitioners of this skill will also get a +5% to piloting vehicles such as ultra-lights and micro-lights that use parawings as part of their design.

For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Last edited by taalismn on Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:55 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

Nice one, Taalismn.

Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:57 pm

Priest

(Medical)
*Anesthesiology--Specialization in the administration of drugs to reduce pain and induce states of near- or total-unconsciousness, typically as part of surgical or invasive medical procecedures. Training covers general (whole body)and local(location-specific) anesthesia, and both gaseous and liquid agents, as delivered by inhalation, injection, ingestion, or intervenous drip. Close attention is paid to side effects, interactions with other drugs/chemicals, and patient-specific phsyiological concerns. Requires Chemistry: Pharmaceutical. Having the Toxicology skill adds a +10% to this skill. Base Skill: 45%+5% per level of experience. A failed roll by 19 or less means that the patient(s) wake up in half the time expected, while a failure of 20 or more points means that more serious problems may be indicated, such as respiratory distress, allergic reaction , organ failure, or other mishap(GM's choice)---or the patient may not fall asleep/go numb at all...

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Last edited by taalismn on Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:59 pm

Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Nice one, Taalismn.

Thanks..I just never recall seeing such a skill listed anywhere...Though AtB: Mutants Down Under MIGHT or SHOULD have had such a skill...

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:56 am

Adventurer

Filibuster: The character is a practiced lecturer and can prattle on for extended lengths to wear down opponents in a debate or political vote to get them to concede. A successful roll means the character can talk for his ME attribute number in hours, and he must make a save vs. exhaustion (14 or better, PE bonus applies) each hour after that to continue if all opponents are not worn down. A failed roll would require him to save each hour he is speaking. Opponents save each hour against exhaustion also, so it is a matter of him outlasting them. Base Skill: 30%, plus 5% per level.

Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:29 pm

D-Bee

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Certain skills will be limited by education level, so none of the law skills, political science, stock market, marketing or bookkeeping would be able to be taken as secondaries. The advanced weightlifting would not be available as a secondary, either. I can see Cross-Dressing, Aerobics, Surfing, Pole Dancing and Breakdancing all available as secondaries.

I could see courtroom ettiquette being available as a secondary skill.

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:34 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

Winged Flight Skills
Moving at high speeds, diving, or flying stunts that are out of the ordinary, are considered stunts and place penalties on the flyer. Most stunts are done with a -15% penalty, and poor visibility will also place a -15% penalty, as well as force the flyer to move at half speed.

Diving: This skill pertains to power dives and the ability to pull out before collision at high speed. When diving, a flyer with this skill can move at 10% beyond their normal flying speed without penalty, though pushing beyond that imposes a control penalty equal to the percentage of speed increase over that (so diving at a speed of 15% beyond normal flight speed while in a dive will impose a -5% penalty). Base Skill: 40%, plus 5% per additional level.

Winged Flying: A routine and exercise to build flight speed and endurance. This is all about grueling, grinding, long-distance flying, in the worse conditions imaginable. Since emergency messages and small packages (such as urgently needed medicine) is fastest carried by flying, this is truly a valuable skill.
Characters without Winged Flying can fly at maximum speed for one minute for each point of P.E.
Long-Distance Flying: Characters trained in flying can fly at their maximum speed for longer than those untrained. They just "pay" for their long-distance pain. Here's how it works. Once the character has exceeded their normal limit (P.E. number in minutes), they lose or "pay" 1d4 S.D.C. for every additional fifteen minutes of flying at top speed (additional S.D.C. from Natural Armor or powers can NOT be used). Even when S.D.C. is exhausted, the character can press on, spending one Hit Point for every additional minute of top-speed flying. Lost S.D.C. and Hit Points must be regained in the normal (slow) healing way. And yes, a flyer may collapse from exhaustion or even fall into a coma and die if he pushes himself too far (down to zero Hit Points).
+1 PE
+4d4 to flight speed
+1d6 S.D.C.

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:46 pm

Hero

would that last power apply in Heroes Unlimited?

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:55 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

This skill is based on a subject brought up in the New Powers thread.

Gryphon Chick wrote:
The thing is that MI and SA would only really apply to certain people.
MI would be good for strictly bonuses to perception, but IQ kind of already covers that.
I really like the idea of SA, because then you could add bonuses to ISP and PPE based on it. I don't think it would add spells or psionics.
Perception and Spiritual Awareness could also be written up as skills to do the same thing.

Mental Intuition: The character gains +1 to perception at first level, and then another +1 to perception at levels 4, 8 and 12. The character gains +1 to initiative at levels 3, 7, 11, and 15. This also adds +5% to all Divination skills.

Spiritual Attunement: The character has trained in becoming more aware of the unseen. This adds one foot per level to Presence Sense, Sense Evil, Sense Magic, See Aura, and See the invisible (whether psionic or spell). The character with this will also gain +1 ISP for every 2 MA points over 15 and +1 ISP point per level in addition to those already gained by being psychic or powers. This also adds +5% to all Divination skills.

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:59 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

gmapprentice wrote:
would that last power apply in Heroes Unlimited?

This are the skills to effectively use winged flight powers and abilities, they do not grant the power if you do not already have it. Just like a long-distance runner is trained to run with more endurance, the same thing applies to flight.

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:01 pm

Hero

i KNEW it didn't give the power of flight. I was asking if winged heroes could aquire the skill in Heroes Unlimited. I meant to say skill, not power. That was my mistake. Sorry, SG.

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:03 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

gmapprentice wrote:
i KNEW it didn't give the power of flight. I was asking if winged heroes could aquire the skill in Heroes Unlimited. I meant to say skill, not power. That was my mistake. Sorry, SG.

No problem.
Yes, the skills can be used anywhere there are winged characters to improve their flying, which includes Heroes Unlimited.

For more regarding Winged Flight, see also my Winged Flight Options thread:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=71015

Last edited by Stone Gargoyle on Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:04 pm

Hero

thank you. And speaking of powers, even though i never meant to type that, i am currently working on one called Disintegration Field. has that been done?

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:11 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

gmapprentice wrote:
thank you. And speaking of powers, even though i never meant to type that, i am currently working on one called Disintegration Field. has that been done?

No, I don't think so, mainly since the damage would be too high even for a major. Iczer may have done something similar. But that is a topic for New Powers, not here. Please, if you wish to discuss it further, post the question there.

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:13 pm

Hero

alright then.

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:23 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

Skills related to powers is not a new concept. Baron Von Clogg originally wrote this in the Super Abilities vs HTH Attacks thread, back in December of 2007:

The Baron vonClogg wrote:
I think that the most logical solution is to introduce some new skills that account for training with your powers. For most characters, this would be the equivalent of a Secondary Skill (going out in your backyard and knocking down cans with your EE:Fire). Characters with a background of some special training, like a Mutant Academy or special mentor, might get the option of a Primary Skill or even full Skill Program with more flexibility.

Dan's Ruling: Characters with absolutely no training or practice with their powers get 2 "power actions" per melee, plus an additional action at 2nd, 5th, and 10th level. When combining power and other actions, use whichever number of actions per melee is lowest. This is intended for powers that aren't primarily enhancing hand-to-hand combat skill (which are otherwise covered by the standard combat rules).

Secondary Skill: Power Control
Practicing on one's own, or with minimal guidance, can mean more comfort using powers in combat. The character gains an additional power action per melee (for a total of 3) at first level, plus another at 4th, 8th, and 12th. +1 to strike with any ranged powers or +1 to initiative while using powers at 2nd, 5th, 9th, and 13th.
Selecting this skill twice means that the character spends extra time in practice, and gains an additional power action per melee. A third selection of this skill grants +1 to strike and +1 initiative at 3rd, 7th, and 11th levels.

Primary Skill: Power Instruction
Directed training by an instructor provides more focus, and access to different bonuses. Trained characters gain insight into the way their powers function, and experience using them in combat. This allows characters to combine any single-action power usage into hand-to-hand combat, or combine single-action hand-to-hand action in powered combat (as long as this doesn't result in more attacks of one type than is typically possible). Characters can combine one action per melee at first level, and an additional action at 3rd, 6th, 9th, and 12th levels.
This training provides one additional power action, but does not offer more as the character progresses in level. It does, however, allow the character to apply a +1 bonus to any one combat stat already enhanced by their powers at 2nd, 5th, 8th, and 11th levels.

Scholastic Skill Program: Power Training
Power Instruction
Power Control
Any two appropriate skill selections, depending on the souce of the training, including additional selections of Power Control

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:46 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

This was posted by Roscoe Del'Tane back in 2007:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=74157

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:54 pm

Hero

thanks, sg.

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:00 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

Drewkitty~..~ posted these Hockey skills originally in a New Skill thread:

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
Hockey: 35/45+5/L
This skill is the knowledge of the rules of the game (1st %), and the physical skill to play the game (2nd % used in game play). Even those without this skill can play but do so with a -30 when playing against those with this skill
WP Hokey Stick (blunt): +2 Strike the puck, +1 strike another player, +3 Parry(another players stick)
+2 Parry/Block puck, +2d6 SDC, +1d6 HP, +15% skating
Prerequiste: Ice Skating

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:14 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

Jaegermeister posted this to another thread way back in 2004:

Jaegermeister wrote:
Taunt (Rogue skill)
Characters use Taunts to insult and upset their opponents. They can annoy their opponents and make them so angry that they are less effective in combat - temporarily. Taunts should be roleplayed and they should make a certain amount of sense. Calling a large man "tiny" isn't much of a taunt unless there is some secondary meaning or background note, that would make it appropriate.

Attitude is also a key. A player who is able to adopt a snide, sarcastic, and/or insulting tone when roleplaying a taunt might receive bonuses for appropriate taunts, while an uncreative player should receive a negative.
Penalties: -3 to initiative and to strike, lose 1 attack per melee and are -10% to any skill or ability rolls.

Base Skill: 20% +3% per additional level of experience. Skill Bonuses: +1% for every one M.A. attribute point above 20. A Stage Magician character is truly a master of verbose witticism and King of the Cutdown. The class gets it as a class ability, a +10% bonus AND can take an advanced course as a secondary skill for double the penalties inflicted!

Taunt Modifiers
Condition to Attack Modifier
Taunt is especially appropriate +5%
Taunt involves more than an element of truth +5%
Taunt has been tried before -10%

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:32 pm

Adventurer

Domestic Skills

Clothing and Fashion: This is the skill of knowing exactly what purse to wear with those shoes, or what is fashionable. Includes a basic understanding of esthetics and matching personal coloration to clothes to know if you are a Winter or an Autumn. If a successful skill roll is made in selecting clothing to wear, this will add a temporary +5% to Charm/Impress and Trust/Intimidate rolls. Base Skill: 30%, plus 5% per level. Adds +2% to Disguise and Crossdressing skills.

Cosmetic Application: This is a skill taught to women early in life, and some men, to create a more pleasing appearance. A successful roll made while applying makeup will improve PB by 1d4 points. Base Skill: 40%, plus 5% per level, with a bonus of +5% if Chemistry is also known. Adds +10% to Disguise and Crossdressing skills.

Cutting Hair and Styling: This is the skill of properly trimming and grooming human hair (animals are done at a penalty of -10%), and knowing trends in hair styles. Base Skill: 30%, plus 5% per additional level. Adds +5% to Disguise and Crossdressing skills.

Manicuring: Primarily learned by women, this is the art of keeping clean and trimmed fingernails, as well as applying color. Base Skill: 25%, plus 4% per additional level. Adds +5% to the Cosmetic Application skill.

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:42 pm

Adventurer

Thanks for retrieving a lot of these skills from older threads, Stoney G. I was starting to think this thread was dying; but if we can keep it going, hopefully more people will post.

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:43 pm

Hero

good job to both you you!

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:56 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

gmapprentice wrote:
good job to both you you!

Thanks!
This link is to a thread by Northern Ranger which appeared in Palladium Fantasy Forum. It explains his version of the Free Running skill.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=81873&hilit=+free+running

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:17 pm

Hero

thanks. I really need to work on thinking of new skills...

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:44 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

gmapprentice wrote:
thanks. I really need to work on thinking of new skills...

We can always use more. :D

Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:47 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

Super Power Control Skills

These skills can be used by characters with powers related to energy expulsion.

Detect Powers: This allows a character without the ability to scan for superpowers to sense for power signatures like his own. He can scan for powers even when they are not in use, but the exact nature will not be known. Base Skill: 20%, +4% per each additional level.

Energy Attack Precision: This skill represents special training in the use of an energy expulsion power. Gives a +2 to an aimed shot at level one, and an additional +1 at levels 3, 6, 9, 12 and 15. The skill requires the character to be immobile.

Energy Sniping: This allows the character to increase the range of his energy expulsion an additional +10% per melee round, with a maximum of twice the stated range of the power. The skill must be used while the character is immobile.

Soaking: The superbeing can cause his energy powers to soak up the first 20 points of damage from an energy attack. This is useful for characters with no immunity or resistance to energy attacks. A failed roll means the character takes normal damage. Base Skill: 20%, plus 4% per each additional level.

Last edited by Stone Gargoyle on Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:47 pm

Hero

Nice ones, but i think the skill percentage for Soaking is a bit high.

Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:13 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

gmapprentice wrote:
Nice ones, but i think the skill percentage for Soaking is a bit high.

Shrugs...Whatever...Edited.

Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:24 pm

Hero

that looks better.

sorry for saying it seems a bit high, it's just you're basically giving a ton of people the ability to get another, free, superpower. from my perspective.

Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:46 pm

Hero

Comment: AKA-"Steeler49er"

Steeler49er is to the BOARDS, what C.J. Carella and Jhonen Vasquez are to RPG's & Underground Comics. You know! BIG FAT NUCLEAR DA-BOMBS!"
Stone Gargoyle wrote:
This skill is based on a subject brought up in the New Powers thread.

Gryphon Chick wrote:
The thing is that MI and SA would only really apply to certain people.
MI would be good for strictly bonuses to perception, but IQ kind of already covers that.
I really like the idea of SA, because then you could add bonuses to ISP and PPE based on it. I don't think it would add spells or psionics.
Perception and Spiritual Awareness could also be written up as skills to do the same thing.

Mental Intuition: The character gains +1 to perception at first level, and then another +1 to perception at levels 4, 8 and 12. The character gains +1 to initiative at levels 3, 7, 11, and 15. This also adds +5% to all Divination skills.

Spiritual Attunement: The character has trained in becoming more aware of the unseen. This adds one foot per level to Presence Sense, Sense Evil, Sense Magic, See Aura, and See the invisible (whether psionic or spell). The character with this will also gain +1 ISP for every 2 MA points over 15 and +1 ISP point per level in addition to those already gained by being psychic or powers. This also adds +5% to all Divination skills.

Hey, you really did make em a skill... I was impressed that you could do that :eek:
I couldn't figure out how you'd pull it off but, you did and did so nicely :ok:

On another note, I still notice that ME is getting used allot more than MA fer everything.... Even stuff you'da thought MA would work great with. I'da thought that a Skill like GC's Filibuster would like to use it...
This is just me thinking outloud.

Problem is I used Placebos "Running Up that Hill" to get Catherine Wheels "Black Metallic" to get Monorals "KIRI" to get Dan Balans "Crazy Loop" out of my head in the first place.