Board index » SDC Worlds » Heroes Unlimited™

Post subject: Re: We Gots The Skills
Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:20 pm

Priest

Good point. I know people who couldn't draw a straight line with a ruler and an arm brace. OP revised. Thank you.

For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Unread postPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:45 am

Hero

just a potential house rule-holiday lore should get a bonus 25% for the followers of the religion that has the specific holiday in question a -15% for non-followers of the religion in question if the holiday is religious in nature no bonus or minus to the roll if it's non religious in nature, what do you think?

Unread postPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:07 pm

Priest

abe wrote:
just a potential house rule-holiday lore should get a bonus 25% for the followers of the religion that has the specific holiday in question a -15% for non-followers of the religion in question if the holiday is religious in nature no bonus or minus to the roll if it's non religious in nature, what do you think?

+25% bonus(for WHAT? Skills? Hand to hand bonuses? Mental attributes?) is ridiculous. And a -15% for non-believers is even worse.
And in a megaverse where time is fluid, and in cultures where holidays can 'float' over time from their original dates of significance at the whims of popular demand, failing generational memory, or calendar reform, it could be argued that somewhere, somewhen, AT THIS VERY INSTANT, it is the religious holiday that gives my belief system power and I can benefit because I am a Believer. Tomorrow will be the same, because, again, somewhere in the Megaverse it is Nxla's Birthday, and I am a TRUE Believer.

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Unread postPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:24 pm

Hero

taalismn wrote:
abe wrote:

+25% bonus(for WHAT? Skills? Hand to hand bonuses? Mental attributes?) is ridiculous. And a -15% for non-believers is even worse.
And in a megaverse where time is fluid, and in cultures where holidays can 'float' over time from their original dates of significance at the whims of popular demand, failing generational memory, or calendar reform, it could be argued that somewhere, somewhen, AT THIS VERY INSTANT, it is the religious holiday that gives my belief system power and I can benefit because I am a Believer. Tomorrow will be the same, because, again, somewhere in the Megaverse it is Nxla's Birthday, and I am a TRUE Believer.

for skill rolls silly.

Unread postPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:13 pm

Priest

abe wrote:
[
for skill rolls silly.

Then you have to specify that. And what SORT of skill rolls? Technical skills? Domestic skills? Are physical skills covered? I don't think Christians should become instant ninjas on their Prowl rolls just because it's Christmas. Or Hindus getting bonuses on Demolitions Disposal because it's Monsoon Festival days.
Abe, you have to think your posts through, and be clear, concise, spellchecked, and relevant. Re-think it, revise it, grammar-check it, and consider if it is balanced.
THEN post a product that can be used/played without the reader having to do most of the work of trying to figure out what you meant. We're not all mind-readers on the boards, so you have to be clearer and more thorough in your presentation. I'd rather than you present too MUCH information and details in a post than too little, because it's far easier for readers to offer suggestions on how to pare something down, than to attempt to construct your intent.

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Unread postPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:14 pm

Hero

sorry, this option is for lore rolls, should have made that clear in the beginning,my bad.

Unread postPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:49 pm

Priest

abe wrote:
sorry, this option is for lore rolls, should have made that clear in the beginning,my bad.

Then re-write it to make that clear.
But it still won't make much sense unless you're dealing with mystery cults. A person of a particular religious persuasion doesn't necessarily know +25% more about a particular religious holiday than anybody willing to do the research. In fact, in some cases, a lay person of a religious persuasion would know LESS than a priest of that religion, and might know LESS than a non-believer anthropologist or sociologist, or even a theologian of a different faith, looking at other religions. For example, a practitioner of a particular religion might be ignorant of the pagan origins of one of their holidays, or that the date has changed to coincide with a more convenient event, such as a winter or summer solstice, or that events it celebrates correspond with other historical events(or fail to correspond as the case may be). All they know is 'today is for worship, there are some of the things we do on this day for these reasons', which can be information readily open and available to other people not of that faith as well.

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Unread postPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:01 am

Megaversal® Ambassador

taalismn wrote:
abe wrote:
[
for skill rolls silly.

Then you have to specify that. And what SORT of skill rolls? Technical skills? Domestic skills? Are physical skills covered? I don't think Christians should become instant ninjas on their Prowl rolls just because it's Christmas. Or Hindus getting bonuses on Demolitions Disposal because it's Monsoon Festival days.
Abe, you have to think your posts through, and be clear, concise, spellchecked, and relevant. Re-think it, revise it, grammar-check it, and consider if it is balanced.
THEN post a product that can be used/played without the reader having to do most of the work of trying to figure out what you meant. We're not all mind-readers on the boards, so you have to be clearer and more thorough in your presentation. I'd rather than you present too MUCH information and details in a post than too little, because it's far easier for readers to offer suggestions on how to pare something down, than to attempt to construct your intent.

taalismn wrote:
abe wrote:

Then re-write it to make that clear.
But it still won't make much sense unless you're dealing with mystery cults. A person of a particular religious persuasion doesn't necessarily know +25% more about a particular religious holiday than anybody willing to do the research. In fact, in some cases, a lay person of a religious persuasion would know LESS than a priest of that religion, and might know LESS than a non-believer anthropologist or sociologist, or even a theologian of a different faith, looking at other religions. For example, a practitioner of a particular religion might be ignorant of the pagan origins of one of their holidays, or that the date has changed to coincide with a more convenient event, such as a winter or summer solstice, or that events it celebrates correspond with other historical events(or fail to correspond as the case may be). All they know is 'today is for worship, there are some of the things we do on this day for these reasons', which can be information readily open and available to other people not of that faith as well.

For you taalismn: http://media2.giphy.com/media/b9aScKLxdv0Y0/giphy.gif

Huntmaster

Unread postPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:17 am

Palladin

abe wrote:

Looked clear to me.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.

Unread postPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:10 pm

Champion

Nightmask wrote:
abe wrote:

Looked clear to me.

Yeah, I understood that it was a bonus for a Lore skill. Doesn't change the fact that .... :frust: :frust: :badbad: :badbad: :frust: :frust: :lol: haha not going to trick me into getting another warning. Sneaky forums

Razzinold wrote:
And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:

Unread postPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:09 pm

Priest

Nightmask wrote:
abe wrote:

Looked clear to me.

Perhaps, but 'Lore' covers a lot of ground. It should be Lore: Religion, because 'lore' could be (mis)interpreted, for example, as "Those of the Jewish persuasion have a +25% to their 'Lore: Demons and Monsters' skill with regards to Jewish folklore creatures like golems". If multiple lore skills are affected by this house rule, the specific lores should be stated.
Of course, when you're dealing with an RPG, where creatures from myth and religion often turn out to be real in-game,the distinction between factual account, folklore, and religious practice as covered in lore skills can get a little blurred.

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:09 pm

Hero

for primative cultures-ink making
you can make ink sticks or other means of ink preperation according to your culture,not sure what chance of success,maybe 35% + 4% per level?
what do you think & if this has been done before I appologize in advance.

Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:31 pm

OLD ONE

Comment: PROUDLY Not a member of the "Cabal of 24"
abe wrote:
you can make ink sticks or other means of ink preperation according to your culture,not sure what chance of success,maybe 35% + 4% per level?

What class of skill would this be? Technical? Cultural?

"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
Palladium Books 2015 Robotech RPG Tactics Tournament Rules

Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:57 pm

Hero

NMI wrote:
abe wrote:

What class of skill would this be? Technical? Cultural?

Cultural

Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:36 pm

Priest

Cloth-Making(Domestic)
The skill of being able to produce the basic stock(cloth, thread) for Sewing from raw materials like cotton, wool, and and other natural materials(Silk Manufacture is a separate and more specialized skill described in RWB25) . Clothmaking includes the basics of fiber separation, spinning, washing(and in the case of wool, fulling to remove oils), dying, drying, weaving, and looming to produce serviceable cloth and thread. A general knowledge of weave types and pattern-making is also included.
Base Skill: 45 % + 5% per level of experience
Taking this skill TWICE reflects a professional and higher-quality end product, or a SPECIALIZATION in a particular fabric, such as cotton, angora, or wool, or specialized styles such as lace.
Note that large -scale weaving/loom operations will require a Carpentry skill if building the frames and equipment from scratch.
Bonus: Add +5% to the Appraise Goods if evaluating the value of clothing and cloth items.

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:31 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
taalismn wrote:
Cloth-Making(Domestic)
The skill of being able to produce the basic stock(cloth, thread) for Sewing from raw materials like cotton, wool, and and other natural materials(Silk Manufacture is a separate and more specialized skill described in RWB25) . Clothmaking includes the basics of fiber separation, spinning, washing(and in the case of wool, fulling to remove oils), dying, drying, weaving, and looming to produce serviceable cloth and thread. A general knowledge of weave types and pattern-making is also included.
Base Skill: 45 % + 5% per level of experience
Taking this skill TWICE reflects a professional and higher-quality end product, or a SPECIALIZATION in a particular fabric, such as cotton, angora, or wool, or specialized styles such as lace.
Note that large -scale weaving/loom operations will require a Carpentry skill if building the frames and equipment from scratch.
Bonus: Add +5% to the Appraise Goods if evaluating the value of clothing and cloth items.
I might have to add this to the skills of my Tailor Mage.

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:28 pm

Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
[I might have to add this to the skills of my Tailor Mage.

Thanks. Got the idea thinking about a favorite walking place of mine some time back: Fulling Mill Brook, which got me curious about what a 'fulling mill' was. :D

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:16 pm

Hero

taalismn wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:
[I might have to add this to the skills of my Tailor Mage.

Thanks. Got the idea thinking about a favorite walking place of mine some time back: Fulling Mill Brook, which got me curious about what a 'fulling mill' was. :D

along these lines how about loom-making?
just not sure how to make this a skill, that's all.

Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:33 pm

Priest

abe wrote:
[]
along these lines how about loom-making?
just not sure how to make this a skill, that's all.

It would be a combination of existing skills: Carpentry for the wooden parts, Blacksmithing for the metal parts. Mechanical Engineering if you were designing one from scratch.

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:14 pm

Hero

ok then.

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:20 am

Priest

Pole Vaulting(Physical)
This is skill in the athletic practice of using flexible poles to lift oneself up and over high obstacles. Normally practiced as part of track and field competition, it can also find use in getting over walls or to the rooftops of structures quickly, and crossing gaps and chasms(provided one has a long enough pole). Practitioners are trained in upper-body strength, flexibility of body form, proper body positioning(especially at the top of a vault), and proper placement of the pole for best results. Pole vaulters also are trained to identify proper and appropriate equipment with regards to properly sturdy and flexible poles.
(Note: the current record in Men’s Pole Vault is 6.16m....that’s over 18 ft. Women, at 5.06 m)
Base Skill: 60 % + 5% per level of experience, plus any bonuses from exceptional P.P..
Bonuses: +5% to sense of balance, +1 P.S., +1 P.P. +1 to Roll with a Fall

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:20 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.
taalismn wrote:
Pole Vaulting(Physical)
This is skill in the athletic practice of using flexible poles to lift oneself up and over high obstacles. Normally practiced as part of track and field competition, it can also find use in getting over walls or to the rooftops of structures quickly, and crossing gaps and chasms(provided one has a long enough pole). Practitioners are trained in upper-body strength, flexibility of body form, proper body positioning(especially at the top of a vault), and proper placement of the pole for best results. Pole vaulters also are trained to identify proper and appropriate equipment with regards to properly sturdy and flexible poles.
(Note: the current record in Men’s Pole Vault is 6.16m....that’s over 18 ft. Women, at 5.06 m)
Base Skill: 60 % + 5% per level of experience, plus any bonuses from exceptional P.P..
Bonuses: +5% to sense of balance, +1 P.S., +1 P.P. +1 to Roll with a Fall
Wouldn't you need to be in fairly good shape to do this, so a prerequisite of the Athletics skill might not be out of the question. But then Acrobatics and Gymnastics have no such prerequisite, so I may be mistaken about this needing one.

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:27 pm

Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
taalismn wrote:
Pole Vaulting(Physical)
Wouldn't you need to be in fairly good shape to do this, so a prerequisite of the Athletics skill might not be out of the question. But then Acrobatics and Gymnastics have no such prerequisite, so I may be mistaken about this needing one.

If you're like me, you'd need to be in good shape just to climb three flights of stairs...yet I do it anyways. I'm not an athlete, so your suggestion sounds good, but on the other hand, I don't doubt that somewhere in the world young stringbeans with good grip strength and a fair amount of courage are vaulting creeks and over fences without a whole lot of prerequisite athletics training.

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:09 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

taalismn wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:
taalismn wrote:
Pole Vaulting(Physical)

If you're like me, you'd need to be in good shape just to climb three flights of stairs...yet I do it anyways. I'm not an athlete, so your suggestion sounds good, but on the other hand, I don't doubt that somewhere in the world young stringbeans with good grip strength and a fair amount of courage are vaulting creeks and over fences without a whole lot of prerequisite athletics training.
Fair enough.

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:51 pm

Knight

What are the best Space skills for Alien characters?

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:54 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

gaby wrote:
What are the best Space skills for Alien characters?
The Skills listed in the AUGG. Most of the skills listed elsewhere are not for spacefaring campaigns.

Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:44 pm

Hero

speed talking-basically you can talk REALLY fast!
base chance of success is 12+p.d. +4% per level
this skill is just for fun though if you can think of a use for it I'm all ears!

Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:20 pm

Priest

abe wrote:
speed talking-basically you can talk REALLY fast!
base chance of success is 12+p.d. +4% per level
this skill is just for fun though if you can think of a use for it I'm all ears!

I'd consider this to come under the existing skill of Performance, because if you're speaking with the expectation of being UNDERSTOOD, it would come under Language, but if you're doing it for entertainment(and I suspect you came across video footage of guys speaking really fast) then it's Performance, as even professional auctioneers can get into trouble if they go so fast that they come across as spouting gibberish.

And 'p.d.'? Not sure what you mean by that. Clarify.

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:21 pm

Hero

sorry, I meant p.p or physical; dexterity.

Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:24 pm

Priest

abe wrote:
sorry, I meant p.p or physical; dexterity.

Use the Palladium term: Physical Prowess/P.P.

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:29 pm

Hero

ok, will do.

Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:47 pm

Priest

Haste is not your friend in these things.
Clarity and relevance are.
You want to speak the same language and use the same terms as your audience.
You want to make a case for the usefulness of your spell/power/skill cleanly and precisely in the description.
You want to minimize the effort the reader has to spend trying to figure out what you mean. YOU supply the ideas and the imagination; the reader should only have to make minor suggestions or ask for point clarifications.
Don't be in a hurry to post; write, review, and revise. Take your time; the boards aren't going anywhere.

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:18 am

OLD ONE

I am not sure how "Physical Prowess" comes into play with "Speed Talking". I would use the M.A. or Mental Affinity attribute.

Just my opinion is all.

"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."

Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:55 pm

Priest

NMI wrote:
I am not sure how "Physical Prowess" comes into play with "Speed Talking". I would use the M.A. or Mental Affinity attribute.

Just my opinion is all.

I'd hazard that the belief was the physical agility to articulate speech at high speed without biting through your own tongue or choking on your own spit(or something suitably gruesome like that). Critical failure and you snap your own neck with your tongue wrapped around your throat.
Since no definite application was given, whether to communicate or entertain, tying it to M.A.(charm/intimidate) is up in the air.
Either way, I'd still consider it to be under the blanket skill of 'Performance' since 'Public Speaking' covers clear and articulate speech, delivered with confidence.

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Unread postPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 8:42 pm

Priest

*Contortionist(Physical)
Skill in the ability to relax muscles and twist joints beyond normal comfort tolerances. Contortionism teaches many of the same techniques as Escape Artist, but has more of a gymnastics bent to it; skilled contortionists can twist , bend, and squeeze themselves into seemingly agonizing positions without harm. Besides being able to squeeze through narrow openings, a well-practiced contortionist can seemingly compact themselves into small spaces or twist themselves into decidedly painful-looking configurations(like being able to bend one’s legs up behind their back and touch their forehead with their toes).
Base Requirement: Must have a P.P. of 13 or greater.
Base Skill: 30 % + 5% per level of experience. P.P. bonus numbers apply as percentages(so a P.P. 22 bonus of +4 counts as +4%).
A failed roll means the desired position is just too painful to attain or hold for long, and the contortionist snaps back to their regular posture.
Modifiers: +5% if a Meditation or Yoga skill is also taken, and another +5% the person can limber up or relax for 2d4 minutes beforehand.
Bonuses: +1 to Roll with Punch, Fall, or Impact
+5% to Spelunking
+10% to Escape Artist
+2 to Save Versus Pain, +4 if that pain is caused by dislocation of the limbs or twisting of the body.

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Unread postPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 3:08 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

taalismn wrote:
*Contortionist(Physical)
Skill in the ability to relax muscles and twist joints beyond normal comfort tolerances. Contortionism teaches many of the same techniques as Escape Artist, but has more of a gymnastics bent to it; skilled contortionists can twist , bend, and squeeze themselves into seemingly agonizing positions without harm. Besides being able to squeeze through narrow openings, a well-practiced contortionist can seemingly compact themselves into small spaces or twist themselves into decidedly painful-looking configurations(like being able to bend one’s legs up behind their back and touch their forehead with their toes).
Base Requirement: Must have a P.P. of 13 or greater.
Base Skill: 30 % + 5% per level of experience. P.P. bonus numbers apply as percentages(so a P.P. 22 bonus of +4 counts as +4%).
A failed roll means the desired position is just too painful to attain or hold for long, and the contortionist snaps back to their regular posture.
Modifiers: +5% if a Meditation or Yoga skill is also taken, and another +5% the person can limber up or relax for 2d4 minutes beforehand.
Bonuses: +1 to Roll with Punch, Fall, or Impact
+5% to Spelunking
+10% to Escape Artist
+2 to Save Versus Pain, +4 if that pain is caused by dislocation of the limbs or twisting of the body.
Note that contortionists must use this skill regularly or else lose it. The joints eventually tighten up if the contortionist does not use the skill at least every couple of days, if not daily. Also, wouldn't they need to be doublejointed?

Unread postPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 5:21 pm

Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
[.
Note that contortionists must use this skill regularly or else lose it. The joints eventually tighten up if the contortionist does not use the skill at least every couple of days, if not daily. Also, wouldn't they need to be doublejointed?[/quote]

YAh, I'd considered that, but there isn't any hard Palladium stat-rule(percentage of occurring) for naturally occurring double-jointedness, there must be SOME contortion activities that can be performed without blatant mutation(what I can think of are the Eugenic Hero Creation tables and some of the Minor Superpowers).
But, since I've been informed that there's a similar skill that I was previously unaware of in a Rifter, it may all be a moot point. :-)

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Unread postPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 5:46 pm

Megaversal® Ambassador

taalismn wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Note that contortionists must use this skill regularly or else lose it. The joints eventually tighten up if the contortionist does not use the skill at least every couple of days, if not daily. Also, wouldn't they need to be doublejointed?

YAh, I'd considered that, but there isn't any hard Palladium stat-rule(percentage of occurring) for naturally occurring double-jointedness, there must be SOME contortion activities that can be performed without blatant mutation(what I can think of are the Eugenic Hero Creation tables and some of the Minor Superpowers).
But, since I've been informed that there's a similar skill that I was previously unaware of in a Rifter, it may all be a moot point. :-)

Double Jointed has appears on several 'side-effects' tables, or similar. The one I know of is the HU2 Mutants Unusual Characteristics table.

Huntmaster

Unread postPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 5:56 pm

Priest

Wow, outflanked by mutation. :lol: I'm debating removing the original Contortionist post.

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Unread postPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 6:05 pm

Megaversal® Ambassador

taalismn wrote:
Wow, outflanked by mutation. :lol: I'm debating removing the original Contortionist post.

I like it, and it is sufficiently different from what came before imho. I say let it stand.

Huntmaster

Unread postPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 2:50 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

13eowulf wrote:
taalismn wrote:

I like it, and it is sufficiently different from what came before imho. I say let it stand.
Agreed. Besides, I already posted it to the Black Vault Wiki.

Unread postPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 8:31 pm

Hero

another skill just for fun
silluite cutting(sorry, I'm not sure how to spell it)
basically you can cut accurate silluites! base chance of success is 35 +p.p. + 6% per level.
fun huh?

Unread postPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 12:35 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

abe wrote:
another skill just for fun
silluite cutting(sorry, I'm not sure how to spell it)
basically you can cut accurate silluites! base chance of success is 35 +p.p. + 6% per level.
fun huh?
I'm not sure what you even mean by "silhouette cutting". Epic Fail.

Unread postPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 12:39 pm

Champion

Maybe he means like in Peter Pan where you can cut someone apart from their shadow?

Razzinold wrote:
And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:

Unread postPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 2:04 pm

Priest

Being able to handle scissors without slashing your wrists?

"I'm sorry, that looks nothing like my profile...and shouldn't you put some pressure on that?"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Unread postPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 4:23 pm

Hero

see the skill of cutting pictures that are solid black in color & you come to the right conclusion.

Unread postPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 5:19 pm

Priest

I'd say it comes under the general heading of Technical: Art, if anything at all. It's a basic aspect of other arts and crafts(handling scissors and freehand-cutting or trace-cutting a pattern), rather than something more sophisticated like origami, so I wouldn't classify it as a separate skill.

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Unread postPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:00 am

Hero

Not sure if this has been done before, but here goes nothing, a medical specialization, monster genitics
basically this is the study of genitics of non-sentient d-bees!
base chance of success is 34 +4 % per level.

Unread postPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:48 pm

OLD ONE

abe wrote:
Not sure if this has been done before, but here goes nothing, a medical specialization, monster genitics
basically this is the study of genitics of non-sentient d-bees!
base chance of success is 34 +4 % per level.

Already a similar skill in existence - Aliens Unlimited: Galaxy Guide, page 204 - Xeno-Biology

Unread postPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:19 pm

Priest

And just because something is a d-bee and isn't sentient, doesn't automatically make it a 'monster'.

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------