We Gots The Skills

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

abe
Hero

Re: We Gots The Skills

Unread post by abe »

trivia specilizations-movie monsters
cryptozoology & food
all specilizations will add 12% to rolls regarding the specilization in question. :wink:
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

wp skill-book
you can use a book to parry or to cause 1d4 sdc/mdc depending on the composision of the book in question
you parry at +1 at levels 1,3,5,6,9 & 15 you cause +1 to damage on the other levels.
tell me what you think of this skill.
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
Damian Magecraft
Knight
Comment: Evil GM
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

Unread post by Damian Magecraft »

Has anyone compiled these into a comprehensive list?
DM is correct by the way. - Ninjabunny
It's a shoddy carpenter who blames his tools. - Killer Cyborg
Every group has one problem player. If you cannot spot the one in your group; look in the mirror.
It is not a good session until at least one player looks you in the eye and says "you sick twisted evil ****"
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Damian Magecraft wrote:Has anyone compiled these into a comprehensive list?

how funny you ask - http://wiki.thedeificnmi.com/index.php?title=New_Skills
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
GreatArelius1
D-Bee

Unread post by GreatArelius1 »

You all have permission to post anything I write here over to black vault if you like. Even though I haven't done much; I plan too :)
GreatArelius1
D-Bee

Soccer
A game played by two teams of eleven players with a round ball that may not be touched with the hands or arms during play except by the goalkeepers. The object of the game is to score goals by kicking or heading the ball into the opponents' goal. Base skill: 30%+4% per level. Bonuses:
+1 to PE
+1d6+1 to SPD
+1 to PP
+1 to roll with impact
+1 to damage with kicks
+2d4 to S.D.C.
Pick one: +1 to strike with kicks and headbutts or +2 to parry/block
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

GreatArelius1 wrote:You all have permission to post anything I write here over to black vault if you like. Even though I haven't done much; I plan too :)

Noted.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
GreatArelius1 wrote:You all have permission to post anything I write here over to black vault if you like. Even though I haven't done much; I plan too :)

Noted.

you have my permision as well.
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

abe wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:

Noted.

you have my permision as well.

You work would have to improve greatly before I would post it there, abe. It's not up to forum standards as it is.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Goin' go out on a limb here...

Torture Resistance (Espionage/Military)---Advanced training in the techniques of torture, specifically how to resist them. Emphasis is on pain management/accommodation, deep meditation/trance, and recognition of more subtle techniques such as sensory deprivation. Does NOT offer bonuses against blatant biological torture techniques such as drugs, but does offer some resistance bonuses against psionic probes. Self-hypnosis and 'safe word' techniques are often taught to recipients of this training, for post-rescue recovery.
Bonuses: +1d4 M.E.
+1 P.E.
+2 to save versus pain, torture, hypnosis, and mind control, +1 every 3 levels of experience.
+2 save versus insanity
+1 save versus possession
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

taalismn wrote:Goin' go out on a limb here...

Torture Resistance (Espionage/Military)---Advanced training in the techniques of torture, specifically how to resist them. Emphasis is on pain management/accommodation, deep meditation/trance, and recognition of more subtle techniques such as sensory deprivation. Does NOT offer bonuses against blatant biological torture techniques such as drugs, but does offer some resistance bonuses against psionic probes. Self-hypnosis and 'safe word' techniques are often taught to recipients of this training, for post-rescue recovery.
+1 P.E.
+2 to save versus pain, torture, hypnosis, and mind control, +1 every 3 levels of experience.
+2 save versus insanity

OOH, me likey...
dragon_blaze_99
Hero

Unread post by dragon_blaze_99 »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
taalismn wrote:Goin' go out on a limb here...

+1 P.E.
+2 save versus insanity

OOH, me likey...

yes that is very well thought out
The mind is the gateway to the future
Ethics are so annoying. I avoid them on principle
taalismn
Priest

Thanks. Mental Endurance-building skills are decidedly uncommon, and I figure Special Forces, the more advanced martial arts disciplines, and certain high executive positions likely receive some sort of training and preparation against the eventuality of kidnapping or being taken prisoner. I was tempted to add bonuses against Horror Factor but figured that applied only to supernatural critters and the like, while the saves versus insanity and bonuses to M.E. would cover such things as being menaced with a chainsaw a few inches from one's face.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
GreatArelius1
D-Bee

There is a resist torture skill in Splicers I believe. It gives progressive bonuses to various things
taalismn
Priest

GreatArelius1 wrote:There is a resist torture skill in Splicers I believe. It gives progressive bonuses to various things

Hmmm...I'll have to check it out and see how it stacks up.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
GreatArelius1
D-Bee

Racquetball
This sport is played in a closed court, players attempt to win rallies by hitting a shot or serve that her opponent cannot return to the front wall before the ball bounces twice. Racquetball closely resembles other indoor racquet sports, such as squash and paddleball, but it follows different rules and requires a different court and equipment. You can play singles, doubles or three-person racquetball.
Racquetball is an exciting and fast-paced game that can be played by recreational players, competitive amateurs and top-of-the-line professionals. It is a game that requires a variety of athletic skills and a great deal of aggressiveness to play successfully. Base skill: 35%+5% per level. Bonuses:+1 to initiative, +1 to perception, +1 to P.P., +1 to P.E., +1d6 to S.D.C.
GreatArelius1
D-Bee

Gotcha; I would try to included the option of goalie there. They do have foot skills but focus on the hands. Sports like soccer, football and other teams cover various skills; I like the baseball skill from After the bomb but for me its hard to find a balance for skills.
GreatArelius1
D-Bee

Nice. I was thinking of breaking a Football skill is five subsets (QB, offensive backs, lineman, defensive backs and special teams/kicker). I know there is some general benefits though. I will ponder this and see if I can streamline something.
slade the sniper
Hero

Unread post by slade the sniper »

Is there a way we can sticky this? Maybe make a big list of all the goodness contained within like has been done with the mutant animal lists and other good to have stuff in other forums?

-STS
My skin is not a sin - Carlos Wallace
A man's rights rest in three boxes. The ballot box, jury box and the cartridge box - Frederick Douglass
I am a firm believer that men with guns can solve any problem - Inscriptus
Any system in which the most populated areas have the most political power, creates an incentive for areas that want power to increase their population - Killer Cyborg
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

slade the sniper wrote:Is there a way we can sticky this? Maybe make a big list of all the goodness contained within like has been done with the mutant animal lists and other good to have stuff in other forums?

-STS

The thread might not be long enough. You can try sending a private message to NMI to get him to sticky it, though.
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
slade the sniper wrote:Is there a way we can sticky this? Maybe make a big list of all the goodness contained within like has been done with the mutant animal lists and other good to have stuff in other forums?

-STS

The thread might not be long enough. You can try sending a private message to NMI to get him to sticky it, though.

There are other moderators, you know. :p
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Tinker Dragoon wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:

-STS

There are other moderators, you know. :p

I know, I just usually refer people to Nimmy.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

-STS

See this thread here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=93101
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

I hope some come up with the teamwokr skill?
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

gaby wrote:I hope some come up with the teamwokr skill?

How would that be a skill? Either you can play as a team or not.
slade the sniper
Hero

As an alternate idea for base skill %, would it be possible to say:

OCC skills start at 50% and improve at 5% per level so that 10th level, characters are at 98%
Secondary skills start at 40% and improve at 4% per level so that they will not max out until 15th level.
Other skills start at 20% and improve at 4% per level so that they will never be maxed out by an average human (max at 80% at 15th level)?

Just a thought.

On second tangent...more skills that are possessed by normal people:

Fast talk: the ability to come up with a psuedo convincing argument that sounds plausible on the surface and will allow the character to place doubt in another persons mind. Base 30% +7% per level

Lie: This is the skill of lying well. This is different than fast talk which is the the ability to quickly come up with a story that only has to work for a short time (several minutes usually), whereas lying takes it to a new level that requires practicing your lies, working up back stories, excuses, etc... Base 40% +5% per level

Whinge, Nag and Complain: This is a skill that allows a character to get their way...eventually. Basically you make life difficult for someone else (that can't, for some reason leave, kill you or otherwise get rid of you) until they cave in to your demands. While quite effective in many nations, in some places, this skill will just get you a shallow grave... Base 30% +6% per level

Dissemble: The ability to make long winded, logical arguments that succeed primarily by confusing and wearing your listener down until they agree with you. Think conversational attrition warfare. Base skill 40% +5% per level.

Loophole (or Exploitation): The ability to find some bureaucratic, legal, logical, ethical or other "reason" for your actions which allows you to reduce an opposing groups anger towards you. This can be used prior to getting caught so that you have a plan, or it can be used after you are caught as you desperately try to not get fired, killed or tortured. Base skill 50% + 5% per level Before being caught, or 20% +5% per level After being caught.

Appear Competent: This is the ability to appear to know what you are doing. You know all the buzzwords, you know all the players and can talk a good game but you can't really DO anything. This is a life skill for many people, especially middle managers who don't really have anything to do, but have to make a case that they ARE invaluable to the organization. Base 50% +5% per level

Be Popular: This is the ability to dazzle people with how awesome you are and other people really want to hang out with you, for some reason. Basically, you are just popular and a trend setter. As an OCC skill, this is what celebrities have (backed by a lot of cash and minions), as a secondary skill, you are well liked in your community (neighborhood/city) while as an other skill, you are popular at work and on the block. Base 20% +5% per level...it is HARD to be popular ALL the time, people are fickle and celebrity fades quickly :(

Be Invisible: This is skill that allows people to glide under the radar at work, at home, everywhere. This IS not a power or an ability, but the practiced skill of staying with the pack, being perfectly normal and average. Never rock the boat, don't get noticed, don't get put on report, don't get awards...simply be invisible. Serial killers have this skill :) since "He was always such a nice boy." Base skill 50% +4% per level

Office Politics: This allows you to manipulate your way to the top on a pile of backstabbed co-workers. You know all the gossip at work, and you know which ears need to be informed in order to get promoted, get your co-worker fired, or get next Tuesday off. Base skill 40% +4% per level.

Take Credit (or Ninja-ing the quest item): This is similar to Office Politics and Be Popular, but instead of trying to manipulate others, Take Credit allows you to simply create a story that you are the hero of. This is a vital skill for middle managers otherwise they would have to recognize that they are only small cogs in a creaky machine and not a Master Of The Universe. Base Skill 40% +5% per level.

Rationalize: This skill is vital for maintaining alignment when things go a bit "shaky". So you are a Scrupulous character but were given a choice between bad and worse...this skill allows you to rationalize your decision so that you don't have to feel guilty. This also allows PCs to happily kill lots of Orks, Terrorists, bad guy of the week and not lose any sleep over it. This is also a handy skill to have for a propagandist or other public official. Base skill 40% +6% per level.

Sham: This skill is vital for soldiers! This allows you to not work! You can sham all day and still get paid. Basically, this skill allows you to not do your job but appear as if you did. When combined with other skills such as Take Credit, Rationalize, Lie, Be Popular, etc. you can literally do nothing but sleep all day but appear to be a war hero or absolutely indispensible to the organization. Base skill 20% +8% per level.

Apple Polishing: This is the skill of being a brown noser, teacher's pet or other attention seeking sleazebag. This skill has two portions. The first skill is the ability to always be the one the boss calls on when they need something done or otherwise garner positive attention in the eyes of authority. The second portion is the ability to NOT be noticed by peers that you are being a douchebag. Base skill 40% +8% per level (to gather positive attention from authority)/ 20% +4% per level (to NOT be seen as a pathetic suck up by your peers).

These are probably not skills a PC should take, but they are great for NPCs!

-STS
A man's rights rest in three boxes. The ballot box, jury box and the cartridge box - Frederick Douglass
Any system in which the most populated areas have the most political power, creates an incentive for areas that want power to increase their population - Killer Cyborg
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Blind Fighting:the character train to fight,without eyesight.

Lie detect:The characters recognize a lie when he hear them.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

gaby wrote:Blind Fighting:the character train to fight,without eyesight.

Lie detect:The characters recognize a lie when he hear them.

Blind fighting already exists as a skill within Palladium, I believe. As for the ie detection, there should be a skill percentage of accuracy. Please don't just post ideas for skills without fleshing them out, it gets annoying.
slade the sniper
Hero

No love for my sham skills *sniff*

-STS
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

slade the sniper wrote:No love for my sham skills *sniff*

-STS

They seemed more of a style of roleplaying than actual skills. I think there actually are skills for deception and lying in Rifts canon, though.
slade the sniper
Hero

I put them up primarily for NPCs to have so that they could be "on par" level wise with heroes but basically be useless...a 9th level chief of police would be cool, but when all their skills are wasted on sham skills focused on being popular, stayin out of trouble and taking credit for success and dodging failures...they might be 9th level, and they might be a decent OCC, but when it comes down to it a 6th level PC is still superior in the stuff that matters in RPG-land such as blowing stuff up and taking down bad guys.

-STS
taalismn
Priest

Anger Management(Domestic/Technical)---”Stress; the tension caused by the mind’s overriding the natural impulse of the body to strangle the hell out of some idiot who richly deserves it.” Normally applied as psycho-therapy or occupational counseling, when taken as a skill, Anger Management signifies a significant effort and investment in time to learn how to control one’s temper, and particularly impulses to inflict psychological or physical harm on other people(however deserving they might be of it). Largely meditation-based, but with some desensitization training to teach the student how to ignore distractions and irritations, along with roleplaying and performance to show how to hide obvious signs of personal irritation, such as teeth-gnashing or fist-clenching.
When faced with a bad situation, such as a belligerent coworker or annoying solicitor, the person with this skill can roll to control the impulse to verbally flay, physically throttle, or spontaneously defenestrate the source of irritation. If the person has a pre-existing condition such as an insanity that promotes aggressive behavior, this skill effectively gives a saving throw to control outbursts of violence.
Base Skill: 40 % + 5% per level of experience, plus any bonuses from exceptional M.E.
Bonuses: +2 to M.E., +2 to save with regards to annoyance-based, or anger-inducing, insanity attacks(such as Empathic Projection: Anger) and powers such as Annoyance Factor.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

Taalsimn,
You know what's going to happen don't you? Some Lame-Ass is going to start going Goosfraba..Goosfraba, quoting that pathetic excuse for an Adam Sandler movie that unfortunately has the same name as your cleverly written new skill, which I like by the way. Why someone would besmirch the integrity of this forum with such asinine babbling is beyond me.
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
taalismn
Priest

The Oh So Amazing Nate wrote:Taalsimn,
You know what's going to happen don't you? Some Lame-Ass is going to start going Goosfraba..Goosfraba, quoting that pathetic excuse for an Adam Sandler movie that unfortunately has the same name as your cleverly written new skill, which I like by the way. Why someone would besmirch the integrity of this forum with such asinine babbling is beyond me.

No, I didn't know. I have a trauma-induced mental block preventing me from paying any attention to Adam Sandler.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

taalismn wrote:
The Oh So Amazing Nate wrote:Taalsimn,

No, I didn't know. I have a trauma-induced mental block preventing me from paying any attention to Adam Sandler.

Oh damn..It was me. I'm the lame ass

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
taalismn
Priest

The Oh So Amazing Nate wrote:[

Oh damn..It was me. I'm the lame ass

There, there. Happens to all of us. Why, this morning the courtesy shuttle driver who was supposed to take me home from my car service/repair station locked both of us out of his own vehicle(with the engine still running)....and even with the car dealership RIGHT NEXT TO US, nobody had a spare key to help him out. They had to bring in a new driver and car to get me home. When I left, the first guy was still shaking his head at how stupid he'd been...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

I developed these skills for my bunny race, the Hoppitti, but they could be applied to any alien race.

Facial Body Language: The members of this race have a language that is as much gestures as it is verbal. They can, at times, communicate through just nose twitches, winks, lip twitches, and facial expressions. Skill Base: 20% +4% per level of experience.

Tap Dance Code: The members of this race have developed a form of coded communication through dance steps and stomps on the ground. Prerequisite: Dance. Skill Base: 20% +4% per level of experience.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Novatomato wrote these but admitted he did not know much about steam engines. Anybody care to take a shot at improving on them? I might try to myself, just want some other feedback as well...
novatomato wrote:Steam Engine Mechanics: The knowledge of the workings and maintenance of steam engines and the dangers they present to the operator. Base Skill: 30% +5% per level
Steam Engineering: Understanding the principles and theories of steam engines. Requires Steam Engine Mechanics. Base Skill:30/20% +5% per level. The first number indicates the theoretical and design process while the second indicates the actual building process.

I am working on new Airship skills and revising some of what has been written in the following thread: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=133616&p=2590721#p2590721
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer
Comment: "Incredible Cosmic Power! ...teeny tiny living space."

Unread post by Gryphon Chick »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:I developed these skills for my bunny race, the Hoppitti, but they could be applied to any alien race.

Facial Body Language: The members of this race have a language that is as much gestures as it is verbal. They can, at times, communicate through just nose twitches, winks, lip twitches, and facial expressions. Skill Base: 20% +4% per level of experience.

Tap Dance Code: The members of this race have developed a form of coded communication through dance steps and stomps on the ground. Prerequisite: Dance. Skill Base: 20% +4% per level of experience.

I like the idea of skills for specific races and trades. There is not enough of that sort of thing.
"Sorry, I'm busy tonight...Same thing I do every night...Trying the take over the world..."
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

HU2 Hand To Hand styles by Mephisto can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=46431&p=2591620#p2591620
Kovoston
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Kovoston »

Gryphon Chick wrote:Fine, I edited them.

Technical Skills:

Bookkeeping: This entails keeping financial records and auditing books. Base skill: 30%, plus 5% per level. Requires Basic Math and Literacy.

Political Science and Statistics: Basic knowledge of national events and statistical data related to population distribution, land use, economic trends and social reform. This teaches one to anticipate changes in the political climate and find ways to combat types of changes one is opposed to. Base skill: 35%, plus 5% per level. Requires Basic Math and Literacy.

Stock Market: This allows one to wager money on the stock market and guess what stocks will succeed and which ones will fail. Base skill: 20%, plus 4% per level. Requires Literacy and Basic Math; +10% if Business and Finance is also known.

Nice!
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer

Mephisto wrote:
Gryphon Chick wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:I developed these skills for my bunny race, the Hoppitti, but they could be applied to any alien race.

I like the idea of skills for specific races and trades. There is not enough of that sort of thing.

I was looking at the pole dancing skill...don't you think a P.E. bonus should be part of it, those girls that can sit up with a triangle choke on the pole and can slide around and be aware of their surroundings deserve more than line dancers...but that's just me.
Perhaps...

Pole Dancing: by Gryphon Chick

This is a specialized skill in which the dancer learns how to hang off of and spin around a pole in various states of undress. A successful roll means they avoid falling and potential friction burns associated with this type of dancing. Base Skill: 20%, +4% per level of experience, +1% for every PP point above 17.

Bonuses: +5% to Seduction and Dance skills, +2d4 PE, +2 or 10% to Maintain Balance and save vs. dizziness/disorientation
"Sorry, I'm busy tonight...Same thing I do every night...Trying the take over the world..."
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Gryphon Chick wrote:
Mephisto wrote:
I was looking at the pole dancing skill...don't you think a P.E. bonus should be part of it, those girls that can sit up with a triangle choke on the pole and can slide around and be aware of their surroundings deserve more than line dancers...but that's just me.
Perhaps...

This is a specialized skill in which the dancer learns how to hang off of and spin around a pole in various states of undress. A successful roll means they avoid falling and potential friction burns associated with this type of dancing. Base Skill: 20%, +4% per level of experience, +1% for every PP point above 17.

Bonuses: +5% to Seduction and Dance skills, +2d4 PE, +2 or 10% to Maintain Balance and save vs. dizziness/disorientation
Nice edit. It pays to go back and look at stuff you write every now and then and think of ways you can improve upon it. I have been doing that a lot lately with some of the stuff I wrote some time ago.
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Gryphon Chick wrote:
Mephisto wrote:
Perhaps...

Nice edit. It pays to go back and look at stuff you write every now and then and think of ways you can improve upon it. I have been doing that a lot lately with some of the stuff I wrote some time ago.
As long as you are improving, it is all good.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Gryphon Chick wrote:As long as you are improving, it is all good.
Yeah, kinda got too self-confident for a while and was not critical enough of my own stuff.
GreatArelius1
D-Bee

Finally getting around to RPGing again and ideas are starting to come back. Here is revise for Mephisto

Soccer
A game played by two teams of eleven players with a round ball that may not be touched with the hands or arms during play except by the goalkeepers. The object of the game is to score goals by kicking or heading the ball into the opponents' goal. Base skill: 30%+4% per level. Bonuses:
+1 to PE
+1d6+1 to SPD
+1 to PP
+1 to roll with impact
+2 to damage with kicks
+2d4 to S.D.C.
Pick one of the following
Offense: +1 to strike with kicks and headbutts
Defense: +1 to strike with body block/tackle, +1 to initiative
Goalie: +2 to parry projectiles

I'm going to try to hit up football next.
GreatArelius1
D-Bee

Football (American)
This sport is one the most popular games in the United States. It has increased it popularity over the years. Its a game in which two opposing teams of 11 players each defend goals at opposite ends of a field having goal posts at each end, with points being scored chiefly by carrying the ball across the opponent's goal line and by place-kicking or drop-kicking the ball over the crossbar between the opponent's goal posts. Requirements: General Athletics and can't be selected as a secondary skills

Bonuses: +1 to roll with impact, +1 to maintain balance, +1 to P.S., +1d4 to Speed, +2d4 to S.D.C. and one of the following
Quarter backs: +2 to perception rolls, +1 to strike with thrown weapon, +1 to dodge, +1 to initiative at levels 3 and 10
Offensive backs (Running backs and Receivers): +2 to maintain balance, +2 to P.P., +1d6 to Spd., +1d6 to S.D.C.
Linemen (Offensive and Defensive): +2 to grapple, +1 to P.S., +2d4 to S.D.C. and +1 to maintain balance at levels 2, 9 and 14
Defensive backs (Linebackers, Cornerbacks and Safeties): +1 to initiative or perception rolls, +1 to P.E. or P.S., +1d4 damage to block block/tackle and +1 to strike with body block/tackle at levels 1, 6 and 12
Kickers: +2 to damage with kicks, +1d4 to Speed and +1 to strike with kicks at levels 1, 5, 10 and 15

Probably not the best but a work in progress :)
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Mephisto wrote:If a woman were to use pole dancing in combat, would it really help or just be cinematic? I could see her dancing towards a guy, doing a leap grap (as like onto a pole) but instead onto a neck and flip someone over, or leap and deliver MMA style ground and pound. I think if Pole Dancing were taken twice, the second option of incorporating it into the fighting style would make the most sense, since it would mean more time is spent on timing, strength, and movement and not just being able to follow the 1-2-3 turn, switch, flip mantra. It would be precise knowledge of how to use the dancing moves.
I can see dance being used as combat, definitely, but it warrants its own HtoH skill, not just as an add-on to dance.
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Mephisto wrote:If a woman were to use pole dancing in combat, would it really help or just be cinematic? I could see her dancing towards a guy, doing a leap grap (as like onto a pole) but instead onto a neck and flip someone over, or leap and deliver MMA style ground and pound. I think if Pole Dancing were taken twice, the second option of incorporating it into the fighting style would make the most sense, since it would mean more time is spent on timing, strength, and movement and not just being able to follow the 1-2-3 turn, switch, flip mantra. It would be precise knowledge of how to use the dancing moves.
I can see dance being used as combat, definitely, but it warrants its own HtoH skill, not just as an add-on to dance.
I agree. Writing up a Hand to Hand skill based on dance would take a bit of doing, though.
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Gryphon Chick wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:
I agree. Writing up a Hand to Hand skill based on dance would take a bit of doing, though.

Reminds me of a comic I read once (can't remember the name though) where the female character would dance and attack at the same time. The dance portion of it was used to somehow mesmerize her opponents making them much easier to kill. I'd think that a HtH Style would incorporate Ma and Pb bonuses accordingly.

The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”