Aliens Unlimited Aquatic races and Artificial Lungs

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

cbrekkas
D-Bee

Aliens Unlimited Aquatic races and Artificial Lungs

Unread post by cbrekkas »

I was looking in Aliens Unlimited and I was wondering how bionic (artificial) lungs work with Aquatic races? For example the Cherion; who are masters of bionics, states that 15% are equipped with artificial lungs. Does that allow them to function on the surface for a decent amount of time?

Thanks
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Re: Aliens Unlimited Aquatic races and Artificial Lungs

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

I would assume that is why they would need artificial lungs. They would have the ability to breathe under water naturally and not need them for regular breathing. This is one of those poorly written things because all you would really need is some sort of air accumlation device that puts the air into water for them to be able to breathe.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
cbrekkas
D-Bee

Unread post by cbrekkas »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:I would assume that is why they would need artificial lungs. They would have the ability to breathe under water naturally and not need them for regular breathing. This is one of those poorly written things because all you would really need is some sort of air accumlation device that puts the air into water for them to be able to breathe.

Thanks. Looking for a way to have an aquatic character out of water for more than a few minutes without the need for a water-filled helmet for example.
green.nova343
Adventurer

Unread post by green.nova343 »

Is there a bionic implant to provide artificial gills? If there is, make it a flip-flop for aquatic races: artificial "lungs" simply replace their biological gill system, while artificial "gills" represent adding an air-breathing function to their regular lungs.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”