Board index » SDC Worlds » Heroes Unlimited™

Post subject: Re: NEW POWERS!
Unread postPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:17 pm

Champion

hmm I feel embarassed to ask, but since the black vault is down, (at least it has been for a week by now) has anyone a backup file fo the powers?

Unread postPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:26 pm

Champion

Since i am here
Achilles Heel
Destructive Nature
Whenever the character engage in battle the collateral damage is crazy high.
Any time the character fight it cause a 1d4x10 Damage to an a area of 20+chararcter P.E. or P.S. in Feet radius per melee round. Damage is the multiplied by x2 for ever major superability involved x1 for every mino super ability and radius is increased by x1,5 per combined level of opponents. So RocketRingo a 5th chararcter with PS 30 Sonic Flight, Superhuman PS and Extraordinary PP while fighting for justice, if not pulling punches, cause collateral 4d4x10 damage to an area of 375 ft radius form himself
This is not directed to opponents, but can hit allies, bystanders and buildings all around....
Whoopsie

Unread postPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:59 pm

Champion

another Achilles Heel
Abysmal Talent
The character has an extra secondary skill...at -50%. this skill receive no bonus from high attributes or power (but advance as normal)! The funny thing, or tragic thing depend of point of view, is that he does not realize it. Infact he/she is concinced that can perform the skill at 90%. And no proof will convince him otherwise. At least once per day he will find an excuse to perform his "amazing" skill.Usually at expense of his temmates. These performan will always end up with epic near reality bending disastrous result from song causing Horro Factor to explosive cooking, to the classic airplane crash(third time this week eh?)
<<come one is just karaoke night! Is not a funeral!>> said Amazonica
<<..heaven help us all...thought the teammates knowing well Amazonica singing..."talent">>

Unread postPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:14 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Lakewood, WA.
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
The Baron of chaos wrote:
hmm I feel embarassed to ask, but since the black vault is down, (at least it has been for a week by now) has anyone a backup file fo the powers?

There is no backup file. Nimmy has been informed of the problem and is going to work on it soon.

As for the Achilles Heels, there is another thread for them. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=77759&hilit=achilles+heels

Unread postPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:01 pm

Priest

The Baron of chaos wrote:
another Achilles Heel
Abysmal Talent
The character has an extra secondary skill...at -50%. this skill receive no bonus from high attributes or power (but advance as normal)!

Advances, as in moves towards a positive skill proficiency value. or negatively, as in it actually gets WORSE?

'Cause I'm thinking that if you get to skill proficiencies at -98% or greater, you should start taking special damage right then and there...

"She tried singing and rolled a -99%"
"What happened, she cleared the room of people AND vermin?"
"Blew out her vocal cords, literally choked on a high note. Doctors say she won't be able to speak or sing for WEEKS..."
"Ah, there IS a God."

For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:54 pm

Champion

Oh I am very sorry for the mistake, I did not knew there was an Achilles Heel devoted thread.

Her some powers instead. Some of those i am really proud of, others less so.

Animal Ability: Rabbit/Hare
appearence small mouth, button nose, thigh bulging with muscle, long pointed ears
1 . Double speed attribute
2. Enhanced Leaping (same as minor power)
3. Sense of Hearing is 3 times as good as human can hear between 350 to 42000 hertz
4. +1d4+2 to P.P.
5. +2 roll with Punch/Fall
6. Smell is twice as good as humans not enough good for tracking but recognize familiar smell 65%
7. +2 initiative, +2 to dodge
8. can control 2d4 rabbit/hare +1d4 per level

Animal Ability: Opossum
Pointed nose, slightly triangular face, black pupiless eyes.
1. Play Dead - same as psionic power Death Trance but cost no isp
2. Prehensile Feet - for detail see the unusual/mutant trait of the same name
3. Natural Climbing skill: 75%+ 2% per level
4. Extraordinary Balance: 70%+2% per level
5. Near impervious to disease and toxins: +1d6 P.E., +4 vs. disease/toxin in addition to P.E. bonuses
6. Nightvision 50ft
7. Excellent sense of smell: recognize familiar smell 70%, Track by smell 40%+5% per level
8 Control 2d4 Opossum + 1d4 per level

Heighten sense of place: (Major)
This is not an heightened sense per se, but rather you load an area with part of you. This enhance the sense of

identity and "feel" that resonate with people and animal on deep level
Area loaded this way become essentially loaded with feelings that affect people passing by.
Range: an area of 150ft plus 1d6x10 ft per level
Duration: 1 hour plus another hour at level 4th, 8th and 12th
Effect: Everyone must roll 16 or better while passing through the area(once per 6 minutes) or suffer one of the

following effect choosen when the power is used
Fear: victim become nervous and panicky
Peace: fell content and at peace want to just sit down and enjoy the moment
Aggression: ****k everything and everyone! 60% to start a fight or an argument
Greed: They tend to picking up stuff , whether is theirs or not.
Excitement: everything is like in maniacal mode, over-reaction is the norm
Hunger: People will constantly snak or eat
Sadness: People will feel unhappy humoral and tired.

Bio-Area (Major)
essentially a major version of Bio-Aura
The hero, standing still and concentrating can essentially "merge" on metaphisical level with an area. When

done the area become essentially part of his body.
1. Share feelings:
Automatically has radar minor super ability in the area he is merged with, and spending one action per melee

can focus on a particular angle or section and use ONE of his sense to actually see what's is going on. If he

has some heightened sense or alternative sense can use them instead. Unless he focus or use his radar, senses

are kind of dulled.
Range: MEx5 feet radius plus 30 feet per level.
Duration: 1 minute per level.
Attacks per Melee: One to activate the radar, one extra to focus on an small spot.

2. Animate matter:
Can in limited way animate matter, this is much limited version of animation power. Can Animated any flexible

enough object to act as hand of sort. The object has PS and PP equal to 1/3 the heros one.
Range: MEx5 feet radius plus 30 feet per level.
Duration: One melee action

3. Share superabilities
This si the best aspect of this power. Any other superability one got, is SHARED with anything, except large

complex organism, in the area. Spending one extra action can use your power from anywhere in the area

(porvided you use ability number 1 to pinpoint where to ue the power). Effect can be weird to say the least

(everything in the part turn METAL, energy blast from portraits, mirror hypnotizing people and so on)
Range: MEx5 feet radius plus 10 feet per level..
Duration: Instant.
Attacks per Melee: Two. Note unless using radar or other sensitive ability, all superabilities are -2 to strike
4. Other Abiities and Bonuses
While merged the hero heal 3 times as fast than normal
Add+ 1d4x10 SDC while merged
+2 to save vs. pouison and toxins while merged
Side effect: Each 10 damage point suffered by ANYTHING in your merged are translate in 1d4 damage toward

the merged character.
Cannot move, nor is aware of anything while merged.

Speed Time Warp( minor)
Time flow for you slower the faster you move
Each 5 mph of speed time for the hero only slow down by 1%. This way the hero seem to be FASTER, while in

actuality his time just warped making seem so. But there are few limitiation:
it does work only on the hero OWN speed. Only 40 klbs of weight can be affected, so at best a bycicle, a

bike, or roller blades are acceptable vehicles but nothing too big. Second require lot fo concentration and

can't do anything but moving. Remember he/she si kind out of the flux of time.
Duration: 1 hour per level of experience
Attack per melee: require all can't do anythign else but move

Conjure B.O.B.
Spending one melee round holding an object, you can conjure a Bio Organic Buddy, a small short sized

humanoid who, thank to a psychometric feedback, know how to use the object in question at 70% +2% per

your level of experience. Once conjured the B.O.B. will perform the task he was created to do and then will

disappear into nothing.
Number of B.O.B. possible: 1 B.O.B. at level first, plus another at level fourth and sicth
Example: The Builder, 4th level mutant, need to repair the team car, but you don't know what to do. He grab

for 15 seconds the engine and conjure a B.O.B. that will have Automotive Mechanics at 82%. The B.O.B.

istantly get to work politely asking some tool to perform his task.
B.O.B. stats
Size: 2ft plus 2d6 inches
Weight: 1d4x10 lbs
PS: 9+1d6 PP: 10+1d6, P.E.:20, Spd.2d6
PB: 1d6 ME: 5, MA:not much, IQ: 10(know everythign abouttheir skill but nothing else)
S.D.C. creator MEx5 no hit points
HTH: only if created from weapons, in that case they have HTH basic if a new weapon, never used before,

Expert otherwise plus of course WP according to it
Note: B.O.B. does not have the two APM all living being got, only 1 Action per melee
Appearance: a short homuncolous with 2 unusal mutant features, merely cosmetic do not add absolutely
nothing in TERM of SDC or attributes

Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:24 pm

Priest

I'm presuming Conjure B.O.B, is a Major power, no?

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:38 am

Champion

taalismn wrote:
I'm presuming Conjure B.O.B, is a Major power, no?

Oh yes, is a major. Too many advantage.
Additional note is that B.O.B. Created from a book will have all the knoweledge of the book in question but only theorical so 55%, but will get writing, literacy(if the book is of different language)and depending on the book public speaking at 80%.

Unread postPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:08 pm

Hero

Supervision:”Tele”vision, this power allows you to watch television without the need for a TV set! Not very useful I know, but it’s amusing and Remenecent of super goof of Disney comics. I think that this supervision power (if the others aren’t minor already) be a minor power.

Unread postPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:17 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Lakewood, WA.
abe wrote:
Supervision:”Tele”vision, this power allows you to watch television without the need for a TV set! Not very useful I know, but it’s amusing and Remenecent of super goof of Disney comics. I think that this supervision power (if the others aren’t minor already) be a minor power.
You need to list stats for this. All you have here is a concept. Does the Television require shows to be broadcast? By what means do the signals received get interpreted?

Unread postPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:23 pm

Priest

I'd rule that if one had Frequency Absorption and Supervision: Spectrum, one could view TV transmissions.
Frequency Absorption allows you to HEAR TV transmissions, but not actually see them, while Spectrum Vision allows you to see the EM energy, but not actually resolve the pulses into video signals.

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:51 am

Virtuoso of Variants

taalismn wrote:
I'd rule that if one had Frequency Absorption and Supervision: Spectrum, one could view TV transmissions.
Frequency Absorption allows you to HEAR TV transmissions, but not actually see them, while Spectrum Vision allows you to see the EM energy, but not actually resolve the pulses into video signals.

So you could, theoretically, make the Major power by combining those two minors. Interesting.

Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:55 pm

Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
taalismn wrote:

So you could, theoretically, make the Major power by combining those two minors. Interesting.

And since the description for Frequency Absorption sez you can HEAR the audio component of TV signals, I assume it does something to unscramble them, making it possible to bypass black box fees for unscrambling the signals.

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:33 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

taalismn wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:
taalismn wrote:

And since the description for Frequency Absorption sez you can HEAR the audio component of TV signals, I assume it does something to unscramble them, making it possible to bypass black box fees for unscrambling the signals.
What about cable TV? Can you totally get free cable?

Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:07 pm

Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:

I'm presuming not...neither power says anything about being able to tap hardlines like transmission cables. There may have been some power like Wired from the Black Vault files that would allow a character to do that, but I'm away from my home computer with its saved file(s) to be able to call up the description.

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:22 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

taalismn wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:

I'm presuming not...neither power says anything about being able to tap hardlines like transmission cables. There may have been some power like Wired from the Black Vault files that would allow a character to do that, but I'm away from my home computer with its saved file(s) to be able to call up the description.
But everything is cable now. The TV power will not be very appealing if it only picks up on airborne signals.

Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:37 pm

Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
[But everything is cable now. The TV power will not be very appealing if it only picks up on airborne signals.

Expand it to wireless, and you can pluck peoples' cellphone video out of the air, though I'd argue one should make a roll vs insanity to keep from going mad trying to process the sheer volume, banality, and creepiness of the stuff people are snapping and sending.

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:06 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

taalismn wrote:
Expand it to wireless, and you can pluck peoples' cellphone video out of the air, though I'd argue one should make a roll vs insanity to keep from going mad trying to process the sheer volume, banality, and creepiness of the stuff people are snapping and sending.
There should be a chance of going insane from trying to separate out the good information, with perhaps a skill roll to do so.

Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:18 pm

Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
taalismn wrote:
There should be a chance of going insane from trying to separate out the good information, with perhaps a skill roll to do so.

"You fail your roll to zero in and capture the correct signal. You cannot tell who General Kaos is zoom-conferencing with. What you do know now is that a disgruntled Rickie Blarpis, aka 'Studfee' on his social media account, has just uploaded nude pictures of hs ex-girlfriend to the cloud."

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:33 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

taalismn wrote:
"You fail your roll to zero in and capture the correct signal. You cannot tell who General Kaos is zoom-conferencing with. What you do know now is that a disgruntled Rickie Blarpis, aka 'Studfee' on his social media account, has just uploaded nude pictures of hs ex-girlfriend to the cloud."
Please tell me she's at least attractive. :lol: :lol: :lol: