(BTS) Millek v Mountebank v Tarantuloid travel on earth

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Axelmania
Knight

(BTS) Millek v Mountebank v Tarantuloid travel on earth

Unread post by Axelmania »

Pg 65
Milleks without astral projection or astral transference cannot leave the Astral Plane and enter such physical worlds as Earth or the Nightlands.
The Millek can only visit the material world in astral form, they cannot materialize in the physical world.

This establishes the idea of activating AP from the plane itself (treating the astral body as the 'home body') to send projections IRL.

That kinda makes me wonder if while using AP you could use AP again from the plane (though it would seem sorta pointless)

I guess since they don't mention using Dreamdance to leave the plane (even though dream travelers become astral in the AP) that might mean that dream>astral can't leave the AP like astral-only can?

Pg 68
Tarantuloids cannot materialize on the physical world. As astral creatures, they can travel invisibly and intangibly on Earth or the Nightlands, although for the most part they do not so.

Tarantuloids only have 3 psi powers (mind block, empathy, presence sense) so there isn't the option of representing the travel via the AP power.

All I can figure perhaps is the Sorcerer-Priests select Astral Projection as one of their six spells and use it to visit earth? For the most part not doing so could be due to the rarity of selecting that power?

If they could just "walk from AP to earth" (say a portal was open) I'm unsure how a Millek could not also do so.

Pg 66
ability costs no I.S.P. but takes one hour to perform, and it carries the Mountebank and anything it was carrying to a random area on Earth,

Mountebank are also worth considering since they don't seem to need a power... there are no sorcerers with access to the AP spell, they only know physical psi...

My thought is that since we know if you rift into the AP you turn astral that Mountebanks aren't native to Astral at all, and that's why they revert to flesh (materialize) on Earth/Nightlands unlike the other two (Millek and Tarantuloid)

but am I missing something here where Tarantuloids can just portal to earth but Millek can't unless they "turn astral" ?

Return to “Nightbane®”