Owl Con 2020 at Rice University in Houston

Discussion of the Megaversal Ambassador program.

Moderators: Reelman, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Owl Con 2020 at Rice University in Houston

Unread post by Warshield73 »

Attention all Houston area MAs. Owl Con has just opened the submissions for the 2020 con. I first became aware of this con around 2010 and I started GMing there in 2012. In that now ten years I am the only person to run PB games there. If any of you are in the Houston area I would like to encourage you to attend and if you can GM at this con. I love this con and it is one of my favorites, second only to POH.

I will be posting my games over the next 3 or 4 days and I will be running 4 games. I know that one will be Heroes Unlimited and I will also be running Operation Minotaur from Rifter 83. I have not yet decided if I will run Rifts North America for the other two or Phase World.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Re: Owl Con 2020 at Rice University in Houston

Unread post by Warshield73 »

Sign ups for the convention are underway with the first 3 available now and the rest coming in over the next two months.

I have four games listed 2 Rifts, 1 Heroes, and of course BTS Operation Minotaur from Rifter 83. As usual I am the only person running PB games.

I still have plenty of swag for this con so I'm all set there but if they are still posting convention information in the weekly update that would be great.

Owcon at Rice University in Houston
February 28 - March 1

Friday 8:00 pm to Midnight
Title: Operation Minotaur
System: Beyond the Supernatural
Description: Follow me back to the war-torn 1940’s. You are the Allied soldiers of Task Force “O” charged by Churchill with countering the Nazi’s research into the occult. With word of terrible supernatural enemies on the isle of Crete you must jump into enemy territory to discover what dark secrets are being unearthed. Think Indiana Jones meets The Dirty Dozen in world of supernatural horror and you are in the right frame of mind for this adventure.

Saturday 3:00 to 7:00pm
Title: The Rock and the Hard Place
System: Rifts Ultimate Edition
Description: Rifts. An Earth destroyed at the height of mankind’s scientific advancement, reshaped by a magical catastrophe, under constant invasion by the demonic & the alien where only the most powerful & daring explore the wilderness. During such explorations your band of heroes takes refuge in village beset by the Splugorth, supernatural conquerors that enslave & destroy. When all seems lost cybernetic warriors called Shemarians arrive, but are they heroes or fanatics as dangerous as the Splugorth.

Saturday 8:00 pm to Midnight
Title: Plague of Heroes
System: Heroes Unlimited 2nd Edition
Description: Century Station is a city on the edge: poverty, corruption, super-powered gangs, even the occasional alien monster, all stalk the streets to victimize the citizenry. Every night Heroes patrol the streets but tonight some of the city's greatest heroes are absent cripled by a mysterious plague. But this is no naturally occuring virus & as the greatest minds of Century Station fail to find a cure your band of heroes must find the source or the city could fall.

Sunday 3:00 to 7:00 pm
Title: The Bunker
System: Rifts Ultimate Edition
Description: Rifts. An Earth destroyed at the height of mankind’s scientific advancement, reshaped by a magical catastrophe, under constant invasion by the demonic & the alien where great armies and dark conspiracies do constant battle for control. After surviving such a battle your band of adventurers has stumbled upon the location of an ancient bunker. But you are not the only ones who want what’s inside. Is it the score of a lifetime or the end of one?
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2

Return to “Megaversal Ambassadors”